What M3100/Vario 2 deals are people getting?

Guest stampedingturtle

Guest Christopher Woods
Flext 20 is actually £15 at the mo. Plus the £7.5 for WnW = £22.50

Relax 20 is £20+£7.50 at the mo.

I wasn't comparing like-for-like, just saying that getting a cheaper handset price by opting for the 18 month Flext 20 was neither here nor there in terms of cost. Plus, the handset will be still worth a little bit more in 12 months, vs 18 months.

D'oh! Of course, The £5/mo off completely escaped me (it lured me into a contract, amongst other great things such as HSDPA, the bloody phone!, fixed-price data...) I myself am on Flext 25 for £20 a month with WnW, blimey, I am in stupid mode tonight, forgetting something as simple as the £5/mo discount :D

I think I might stick with my Hermes after the contract is up - I really do like it, it has character and it's the first HTC device I've seen which 1) fits all my needs 2) has all the things I want for data access, 3) has that lovely hardware keypad, 4) runs WM5, 5) ... doesn't suck! Admittedly my history with smartphones has been short, I've only had the XDA 2i on a 12mo contract, but the Hermes really does seem to be the best of the bunch out at the moment, and even HTC's latest releases and forthcoming devices don't really grab me like the Hermes does. When I saw the first picture of the Hermes (and later, its spec sheet), I just sat. And gawped. And then drooled slightly. And then went, in a very Wayne style, "oh yes, it will be mine, oh yes" - I don't switch unless something REALLY good comes along to replace :)

Do T-Mobile do better-priced SIM-only contracts on renewal? I know that O2 do (kinda) if you nag them a bit, I was offered an alllllllright deal when my contract came up for renewal - but I'm a firsttime TM customer.