FinalBurn for WinCE 0.014

Guest masterall

Guest masterall

nothin:

ok, if any game is broke, please let me know. I tested samsho2, strhoop, kof2k1, kof2k2, all works.

mikeeey:

raiden fighters series are difficult to support, it needs another cpu core which is not present in finalburn

and raiden fighters need emulate two 20M NEC V30 cpu, so it may need more cpu power to emulate

PolloLoco:

well, your problem is wierd, try other cps2 games. I guess maybe the new auto-maxiumize-memory algorithm is not worked on your phone.

Guest nothin

redownloaded emu, still same problem..

blazing star - hangs at start, on gamelist, free mem amount is same as before launch...

blade star - same as above...

metal slug - same as above..

samurai showdown - same here..

i can still enter start menu, and forceclose app...

its not allocating memory, i think. in some titles now.

dimahoo - works fine , and FAST.

my specs:

qtek wizard wm06 xplore, 33 mb mem free...

i can agree with PolloLoco, sth. is wrong..

0.007 is working fine..

Edited by nothin

Guest whiteflippinjew

Getting same problem with Neo-Geo games. The 3 games that used to work for me won't load anymore and just freeze at the games menu. These games are Neo Turf Masters, Metal Slug, and Metal Slug-X.

My CPS-1 games, The Punisher and Ghouls n Ghosts, run much faster.

Guest mikeeey
nothin:

ok, if any game is broke, please let me know. I tested samsho2, strhoop, kof2k1, kof2k2, all works.

mikeeey:

raiden fighters series are difficult to support, it needs another cpu core which is not present in finalburn

and raiden fighters need emulate two 20M NEC V30 cpu, so it may need more cpu power to emulate

PolloLoco:

well, your problem is wierd, try other cps2 games. I guess maybe the new auto-maxiumize-memory algorithm is not worked on your phone.

another cpu core? what would that be? would it be like another bios? how much cpu power would it need?

Guest mikeeey

nothin:

dimahoo actually doesnt work fine, its the same as it's always been (except for when the sound didnt work before). graphic and game playing wise it's the same.

it does not display the bombs that follow behind you, and the boss at the end of the first level stays in one place as the background moves. also when you're the grim reaper and use your charge attack and launch the syth it spins in one place rather than shooting out like a boomerang.

masterall:

do u know why dimahoo does this?

also will there ever be a screen rotation option?

Guest PolloLoco

Masterall,

What kind of phone are you running .008 on successfully? I'm using an HTC Apache - the 6700, which has an Intel XScale Processor. I've got 25 megs of Ram free when starting FinalBurn.

Guest masterall

PolloLoco:

I use ipaq2210 and 5550 to test games.

In 0.008, a maxiumize-memory algorithm is used, and seems worked well on 2003/2003se systems. I don't have a wm5/wm6 devices, so they are not tested yet. well, I tested samurai showdown and metal slug, both worked well. I guess its the problem. Try the new 0.008 I uploaded.

Guest PolloLoco
PolloLoco:

In 0.008, a maxiumize-memory algorithm is used, and seems worked well on 2003/2003se systems. I don't have a wm5/wm6 devices, so they are not tested yet. well, I tested samurai showdown and metal slug, both worked well. I guess its the problem. Try the new 0.008 I uploaded.

I'm guessing WM5 might be the problem. 2003 had a slider that allowed you to allocate memory to program or storage. My guess is that your algorithm "slides" that as needed. WM5 does not have that function - you can only change cache via the registry settings. I had to crank that up from 4 megs to 12 to play certain games.

I'll look forward to trying the new 0.008 when I get home tonight. It'll be 6 hours from now.

Guest nothin
I'm guessing WM5 might be the problem. 2003 had a slider that allowed you to allocate memory to program or storage. My guess is that your algorithm "slides" that as needed. WM5 does not have that function - you can only change cache via the registry settings. I had to crank that up from 4 megs to 12 to play certain games.

I'll look forward to trying the new 0.008 when I get home tonight. It'll be 6 hours from now.

look its not that - i tested finalburn on xscale and omap one had wm03 now i have wm06 and 0.007 is wORKING FINE on both.

LOl, btw what cache are You talking 'bout..u didnt increase sd card cache lol?! its adverse to mem req, you should make cache minimsed....only method for having more free PROGRAM mem in wm5 is to minimse caches, turning today plugs off, remove unused sounds, minimise TSK file usage, etc,etc... and NO apps in background..

Now, 0.008 isnt working on wm03 and wm05, some people from my native forum says same thing...

ok, i will test current build.

upd: blazing star is working! now!

OMG, its fast.

some more tests..

MS after cache making quits to menuscreen...

marvel vs capcom - same

giga wing - same as above

dimahoo - working-loading etc.

pang3 - works.

-marvel super heroes vs street fighter works, with cache create.

-MS2 works with cache create.

-nightmare in the dark - darkblue empty screen...

=!mighty pang - black screen

-D&D - tower of doom - works.

- alien vs predator - hangs at list.

Edited by nothin

Guest mikeeey
PolloLoco:

im using a T-mobile sda with an Omap 200mhz processor overclocked to 252mhz. on the earlier versions i could overclock to 264mhz but now i can only do 252mhz.

Guest mikeeey
some more tests..

MS after cache making quits to menuscreen...

marvel vs capcom - same

giga wing - same as above

dimahoo - working-loading etc.

pang3 - works.

-marvel super heroes vs street fighter works, with cache create.

-MS2 works with cache create.

-nightmare in the dark - darkblue empty screen...

=!mighty pang - black screen

-D&D - tower of doom - works.

- alien vs predator - hangs at list.

hey nothin is dimahoo actually fully working for u? did u read the above post i made about what happens for me?

Guest PolloLoco
look its not that - i tested finalburn on xscale and omap one had wm03 now i have wm06 and 0.007 is wORKING FINE on both.

LOl, btw what cache are You talking 'bout..u didnt increase sd card cache lol?! its adverse to mem req, you should make cache minimsed....only method for having more free PROGRAM mem in wm5 is to minimse caches, turning today plugs off, remove unused sounds, minimise TSK file usage, etc,etc... and NO apps in background..

Now, 0.008 isnt working on wm03 and wm05, some people from my native forum says same thing...

No offense, but you're wrong about this - in certain situations. I increased FATFS Cache in the registry - Glyph Cache is already insanely high in the AKU 3.5 ROM I'm running. This allows each individual program to use more memory as required. Yes - it reduces your overall program memory available - but it also allows Final Burn to allocate enough memory to run. I only recommend doing this if certain games don't run at all. I was getting nothing but black screen errors on games like street fighter alpha - and now I can run virtually everything. I covered all this earlier in the thread.

Back on topic - I can't wait to try this new version of 0.008 when I get home. If it craps out while building the cache - go back and try a second time. Often the cache was built, but the program ran out of memory before starting.

Guest nothin
No offense, but you're wrong about this - in certain situations. I increased FATFS Cache in the registry - Glyph Cache is already insanely high in the AKU 3.5 ROM I'm running. This allows each individual program to use more memory as required. Yes - it reduces your overall program memory available - but it also allows Final Burn to allocate enough memory to run. I only recommend doing this if certain games don't run at all. I was getting nothing but black screen errors on games like street fighter alpha - and now I can run virtually everything. I covered all this earlier in the thread.

Back on topic - I can't wait to try this new version of 0.008 when I get home. If it craps out while building the cache - go back and try a second time. Often the cache was built, but the program ran out of memory before starting.

i wil ltry with more fatfs cache then... with 32 mem on basis, i can have only less...

one thing:

glyph cache is counted in BYTES, and its most useful thing i ever found in ppc tweaking. ITS NOT LIMITED to 32768! You can set it to 65535, and launch ebook reader to notice difference... any thing that uses fonts extensively will thank you for that trick. PDF readers, browsers etc, can be little faster. Its not taking MORE RAM! on pxa 263 12072 seemed to be fastest possible, on wizard 65536...

its just,,,noticeable.

fatfs cache works best if set to 0.its auto setting, and its best in most cases...

its also linked to filter/ cache. always have same size... manual setting, i.e. 2048 "can" speed up things like -cacheing in finalburn..etc..but it has impact on memory. But if it may help.. i will test it..

ontopic:

when i am saying that something works.. i assume its lauchable and makes no weird errors, which werent before...just that...

but problem is there, still...

Edited by nothin

Guest PolloLoco
i wil ltry with more fatfs cache then... with 32 mem on basis, i can have only less...

Sorry , you are wrong with one thing:

glyph cache is counted in BYTES, and its most useful thing i ever found in ppc tweaking. ITS NOT LIMITED to 32768! You can set it to 65535, and launch ebook reader to notice difference... any thing that uses fonts extensively will thank you for that trick. PDF readers, browsers etc, can be little faster. Its not taking MORE RAM! on pxa 263 12072 seemed to be fastest possible, on wizard 65536...

its just,,,noticeable.

fatfs cache works best if set to 0.its auto setting, and its best in most cases...

its also linked to filter/ cache. always have same size... manual setting, i.e. 2048 "can" speed up things like -cacheing in finalburn..etc..but it has impact on memory.

ontopic:

when i am saying that something works.. i assume its lauchable and makes no weird errors, which werent before...just that...

but problem is there, still...

LOL, I think you're arguing with yourself. I never posted that glyph cache is limited to 32768 - in fact mine is set much higher. I'm telling you - fatfs cache has determined whether or not particular finalburn games cache or load. It's made the difference between success and failure. I've got mine set to over 12,000. My phone had started at 4,000.

Anyway - I've been able to get everything I've tried to work on this new version of 0.008. I can't tell if there's an overall speed improvement, though. Probably because of Masterall's algorithm not working on my phone. Warriors of Fate works wonderfully - and with sound, though. I have noticed that I lose the background program that allows me to do simultaneous button presses however - that might force me to go back to 0.007. But I'll keep trying 0.008 for a while.

Guest nothin

with 2048 everything seems to be fine. it was constructive ;).. need to do more tests...

Mikeeey, i did short test of dimahoo, its just working...i will report, if i notice any errors.

Guest PolloLoco

See? I told you that could help. I switched my fatfs cache back down to 4096 - and was unable to run ANY Neo Geo games. I went to 12288 and was once again able to load everything I tried.

By the way, my glyphcache is set to over 400,000. :-) That's part of the AKU 3.5 hacked operating system I'm running on my 6700.

0.008 seems to be running pretty sweet right now. I'll have to do yet more testing. Like I said before - the only major improvement possible would be save states for Neo Geo. Great job Masterall!

Guest mikeeey
with 2048 everything seems to be fine. it was constructive ;).. need to do more tests...

Mikeeey, i did short test of dimahoo, its just working...i will report, if i notice any errors.

ok. u would probably need to play it on the pc to notice the difference.

im sure it would be the same for u that it is on my device

Guest telboy

Hi all, I downloaded this yesterday and I must say it is very impressive, many thanks to Masterall, you are a genius!! Also thanks to the people who have posted help on this thread.

I have managed to get CPS1 games (Ghouls n Ghosts) and CPS2 games (Dimahoo, Capcom Sports Club, Progear) to work perfectly with sound (though they run more smoothly without sound), absolutely amazing!!!!! However I am having a nightmare trying to get any of my NeoGeo games to work. If someone can give me a hand it would be very much appreciated.

I have downloaded the neogeo bios suggested by twolf, and this shows in my game list along with all the neogeo roms I have (I take it these are the ones that work otherwise they would not show). I have tried all the different types of rom and for all NeoGeo games the same thing happens. I select the game and press ok then the system freezes. I have waited to see if it creates a cache for over an hour, then have to reboot the system. I have checked in the cache folder and it has not even started to create a cache for the game.

From the most recent posts it appears I have the same problem as a few people have had like Polloloco. A couple of posts stated they had version 0.007 working fine then problems with the 0.008 version in regards to the NeoGeo games. Is it possible to download the old 0.007 version? If not then is there a way to change the settings on 0.008 in order for me to run the NeoGeo games?

My phone is an SPV M3100 (HTC TyTN). It runs WM5, the processor is Samsung® SC32442 running at 400Mhz. I have Picodrive working perfectly (thanks again Masterall!!) and Pocket Snes, Pocketengine and gnuboy. If I could get the NeoGeo games working then I would be over the moon!!!!

Many thanks again to you all!!

Edited by telboy

Guest telboy

Hello nothin and thanks for your reply!

I downloaded the file from the link and put it into the roms folder and booted up Final Burn. It registered the neogeo bios and again showed my roms of Metal Slug 1 & 2 and League Bowling. However, when I click on the neogeo games and press ok it still freezes up. I have tried every possible mslug.zip, both MAME and NeoGeo versions, I would have thought if the title is showing on the available games list then I do have the right version.

There was somthing stated in the past few days about a possible problem with WM5 and the latest 0.008 of final burn running neogeo games, and I have a feeling this is the problem as all other games work very very well.

Guest masterall

dimahoo's problem is wierd, I will check the dimahoo driver, and to see if there are some difference.

telboy:

I guess you downloaded 0.008 several days ago, try downloading it again. The problem you mentioned has been solved in the new uploaded file.

Guest mikeeey
dimahoo's problem is wierd, I will check the dimahoo driver, and to see if there are some difference.

telboy:

I guess you downloaded 0.008 several days ago, try downloading it again. The problem you mentioned has been solved in the new uploaded file.

Guest telboy

telboy:

Hi Masterall!

I am sorry for the delay in replying, I've been too busy playing Neo Geo games on my phone!!

I cannot believe the quality of this programme, it is incredible, I have all my NeoGeo games playing at virtually full speed without sound and still an acceptable framerate with sound (probably due to processor speed rather than the programme itself). In fact, due to the screen on my phone, I think the colours and sprites are even more clear than running MAME on my computer!!

You are a true genius, and if I could I'd nominate you for a Knighthood for services to pocket pc emulation. Thank you so much.

Edited by telboy