FinalBurn for WinCE 0.014

Guest masterall

Guest akuma7703

Maybe someone can assist me with this minor problem I have: The emu runs perfect on my Eten M500 unit but I'm also trying to install this on my old Toshiba E310 (WM2003, 200MHz). Now Iknow performance won't be anything to write home about but for some reason I can't get the emu to even boot up. Maybe missing WM2003 specific dll's, I don't know. I have the same problem running the latest SCUMMVM (the MUCH older versions ran fine). Any ideas?

Guest repuken2

Does it output any error message??

Are you sure your machine is WM 2003? or is it 2002?

I'm running it on a WM2003 Dell Xim 5 and it works ok but also i'm runnign FB on my old Jornada 720 wich is WinCE 3.0 (same as PPC2000) wich is 206 Mhz arm and works flawless (no sound of course! and doing some tricks for skipping OS version checks preventing the thing from running).

Guest akuma7703

Hey Repuken,

sorry, that was a typo: I meant WM2002, 200MHz). As far as I know Toshiba never released an upgrade for the E310. I know the E350 was a WM2003 device and the hardware is virtually identical to the e310 but I don't know if the ROMS would be compatible.

Guest repuken2
Hey Repuken,

sorry, that was a typo: I meant WM2002, 200MHz). As far as I know Toshiba never released an upgrade for the E310. I know the E350 was a WM2003 device and the hardware is virtually identical to the e310 but I don't know if the ROMS would be compatible.

then that's your problem, final burn is compiled to run on at least windows ce 4.20 (windows mobile 2003).

Get the program "executability check" from here:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-C...bilityCheck.zip

Home :

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Cupertino/2039/

Run it on your pocket pc, it will prompt you to select a file, select the final burn executable file, then a popup window will appear telling you some stuff "coredll.dll doesn't export function blah blah blah, etc"

press on "rewrite os version" and lower it to 3.0

There you are, i'm running Masterall's picodrive and final burn on my old and beloved HP Jornada 720 flawlessly.

Regards.

Guest Fresko

about key configuration -- > per games, or per landscape or portrait mode! :rolleyes:

and i have a bit another problem i cant execute king of fighter 99, 2000 Air Gallet with my Asus p535 520 mhz, hardReset trying too

Edited by Fresko

Guest akuma7703

Hey Repuken, thanks for the info. Unfortunately the link appears to be dead and I can't make head or tails of the text on-screen even with a translator bcos it's all one SWF. Do you think you could upload the link here or PM it to me? Thanks a mil dun.

[EDIT]

Never mind...it finally downloaded. Thanks man: will post my results.

Edited by akuma7703

Guest repuken2

Hey,

i'm glad you made it. How much mem your machine has? One of mine's has 30 mb free and i could even play metal slug 3, the only problem is with neogeo huge games caches, i recommend you making them on the pc.

Guest benfica88
Hey,

i'm glad you made it. How much mem your machine has? One of mine's has 30 mb free and i could even play metal slug 3, the only problem is with neogeo huge games caches, i recommend you making them on the pc.

I can't get any game to work properly that's over 20mb...I have a TYTN with 31mb free ram, I don't get it..

Guest benfica88
I can't get any game to work properly that's over 20mb...I have a TYTN with 31mb free ram, I don't get it..

Ok, so get this. The game can't start with sound. When it does it runs jerky and I hear a little tic tic tic from the speaker.BUT, if I start the game with sound disabled I can then enable it after the game starts and it runs normal...this is weird

Guest twolf
then that's your problem, final burn is compiled to run on at least windows ce 4.20 (windows mobile 2003).

Get the program "executability check" from here:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Cupertino/2039/

Oh my god, does this tool also work for programs made in WM5 to be compatible with WM2003? Like games and applications...

about key configuration -- > per games, or per landscape or portrait mode! :rolleyes:

I think that already exists with the cursor keys, but do you really use both display modes at the same time in a game???

Guest Menneisyys
Oh my god, does this tool also work for programs made in WM5 to be compatible with WM2003? Like games and applications...

Nope. WM5 can't be mde run incompatible stuff.

Guest Menneisyys
Now if only there was some way to utilize the storage card as extra flash memory :rolleyes:

You mean RAM memory?

Try popping out the storage card; with many WM5+ OS versions / configs, it results in the system regaining some 3-6 Mbytes of memory (at least on PPC PE models).

Edited by Menneisyys

Guest mikeeey
You mean RAM memory?

Try popping out the storage card; with many WM5+ OS versions / configs, it results in the system regaining some 3-6 Mbytes of memory (at least on PPC PE models).

how does popping out the storage card give you more Ram memory?

Guest Menneisyys
how does popping out the storage card give you more Ram memory?

Because of some caching mechanisms, which is only active (resulting in the allocation of some Mbytes of memory) when there is a card inserted. This is pretty much an issue on many WM5+ PPC PE's; for example, the Wizard and the Trinity.

Again, I don't know whether it also influences the MS Smartphone platform.

Guest Fresko
I think that already exists with the cursor keys, but do you really use both display modes at the same time in a game???

no i dont , but i talking about default configuration not for only cursors key but for buttons too, and for that that software remember default buttons configuration for both screen orientation..

and is it possible do that that sowtware save all configuration file in the main folder, im using sd card, but config saves in the main memory.. after hard reset need configure all games from new..

and sorry for bad english :rolleyes: and thanks to masterall for very big work !

Guest nothin
Because of some caching mechanisms, which is only active (resulting in the allocation of some Mbytes of memory) when there is a card inserted. This is pretty much an issue on many WM5+ PPC PE's; for example, the Wizard and the Trinity.

Again, I don't know whether it also influences the MS Smartphone platform.

you may set sd cache and filter to small amount..eh? 64 kb, or so for both...

Guest akuma7703
You mean RAM memory?

Nope, I know it's nigh impossible but I meant using extra storage to supplement actual RAM, kind of like Vista can do with USB drives.

Guest Arosss

So, it says it's supported for QVGA Phones 240 x 320. But I don't understand why it dosen't work on my samsung blackjack. I put the bios in the rom folder, and tried out 1941, but it would just load up.. Rom check ok, and then just go back the the final burn emulator.

I've even disabled the sound, and it did the same thing. So, I don't know. Anybody else get this working? Did I do something wrong?

Guest nothin
So, it says it's supported for QVGA Phones 240 x 320. But I don't understand why it dosen't work on my samsung blackjack. I put the bios in the rom folder, and tried out 1941, but it would just load up.. Rom check ok, and then just go back the the final burn emulator.

I've even disabled the sound, and it did the same thing. So, I don't know. Anybody else get this working? Did I do something wrong?

so you have plenty of free space on SD card, >25 mb mem free, and PROPER neogeo biosPACK zipped, and zipped ROM, yes?

Guest rbueno

so you have plenty of free space on SD card, >25 mb mem free, and PROPER neogeo biosPACK zipped, and zipped ROM, yes?

I've got the same issue since V0.009