FinalBurn for WinCE 0.014

Guest masterall

Guest DisgruntleElf

Absouletly an amazing emulator. I'm sorry to ask probably old questions but is there any chance of NeoGeo games being played in portrait? Also is there a list of the right names for the zipped game files for NeoGeo? Some of the NeoGeo games are being skipped on my card and I'm just wondering if the file names are correct.

Again absouletly an incredible emulator. I hope there is still more to come.

Thanks

Guest mikeeey
Absouletly an amazing emulator. I'm sorry to ask probably old questions but is there any chance of NeoGeo games being played in portrait? Also is there a list of the right names for the zipped game files for NeoGeo? Some of the NeoGeo games are being skipped on my card and I'm just wondering if the file names are correct.

Again absouletly an incredible emulator. I hope there is still more to come.

Thanks

to refraise your question you probably ment is there any chance of screen rotation. it isnt just neogeo games. I know that for now maserall was focusing on compatibility, drivers, and bug fixes for now. probably when hes done with all of that. but i guess we will see what happens.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest rstall

i am getting a motorola q. i remember playing streetfighter alpha with this emulator, everything ran great but i remember the screen being chopped off to the right. has this been cleared up?? i had a treo 700wx which was 240x240. also will i be able to play the emulator holding the q upright?? also will i be able to map the qwerty keys to the games. just thinking about what playing street fighter would be like using those two button up top

Edited by rstall

Guest just2kol

Okay, so I have the Motorola Q. I've been looking at all these forums that have been posted. I have the Nesterpocket to work. I'm trying to get any type of Neo Geo emulator to work. I have the zipped files and I have FinalBurn.exe loaded on my phone. The zipped games (only metal slug and fetalfury) along with the neogeo.zip BIOS are within the "roms" folder.

here's my problem. I start the file "FinalBurn.exe". That takes me to blank screen where i can pick "file" bottom left button.

I select "load Rom". A great list of games and stuff comes up. The selection is automatically on "Show Only Available". I skip all that and scroll down to "Metal Slug" or to "FetalFury".

The error message is always something like "Rom file 033-p1.bin (crc 0x47EBDC2F) is not exist."

What the hell do I do?

Remember, the games are kept zipped. I did put the BIOS in the folder zipped. I downloaded many different versions.

FinalBurn for WinCE is based on FinalBurn Alpha Plus 029523 u7 which supports cps1, cps2, neogeo and cave games. It supports 176x220, QVGA(both 240x320 and 320x240) and VGA screens. Save state, dipswitch and combo are supported now.

CPS1 Status

1941 ok

Captain Commando ok

Carrier Air Wing ok

Capcom World 2 ok

Cadillacs and Dianosaurs ok

Dynasty Wars ok

Final Fight ok

Forgotten World ok

Ghost 'N Ghost ok

Knights of the Round ok

Megaman ok

Mercs ok

Magic Sword ok

Mega Twins ok

Nemo ok

Pang! 3 ok

Pnickies ok

Quiz & Dragons ok

Quiz Tonosama no Yabou 2 Zenkoku-ban ok

Saturday Night Slam Masters unable to run

Street Fighter II ok

Street Fighter II CE ok

Street Fighter II Turbo ok

Street Fighter Zero ok

Strider ok

The King of Dragons ok

The Punisher ok

Three Wonders ok

U.N. Squadron ok

Varth ok

Warriors of Fate ok

Willow ok

CPS2 status

1944 ok

19xx ok

Armored Warriors ok

Alien Vs. Predator ok

Battle Circuit ok

Capcom Sports Club ok

Choko ok

Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness ok

Darkstalkers - the night warriors ok

Dungeons & Dragons - tower of doom ok

Dungeons & Dragons - shadow over mystara ok

Eco Fighters ok

Giga Wing ok

Hyper Street Fighter II - the anniversary edition ok

Jyangokushi ok

Mars Matrix ok

Marvel Super Heroes not tested

Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter ok

Mega Man 2 - the power fighters ok

Mighty! Pang ok

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo ok

Super Street Fighter II ok

Street Fighter Alpha ok

Street Fighter Alpha II ok

Street Fighter Alpha III ok

vsva ok

vsva2 ok

progear ok

CAVE status

Air Gallet ok

DoDonPachi ok

DonPachi ok

ESP Ra. De. ok

Fever SOS ok

Gaia Crusaders ok

Guwange ok

Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon ok

Puzzle Uo Poko ok

Thunder Heroes ok

NEOGEO status

Art of Fighting ok

Matrimelee ok

Metal Slug 1 ok

Metal Slug X ok

Metal Slug 3 ok

Metal Slug 4 ok

Metal Slug 5 ok

Neo Turf Master ok

Puzzle Bobble ok

Puzzle Bobble 2 ok

Robo Army ok

Samurai Shodown ok

Samurai Shodown 2 ok

Samurai Shodown 4 graphics error

Samurai Shodown 5 bank error

Samurai Shodown 5 Special bank error

Street Hoop ok

Super Sidekicks ok

Svc Chaos ok

The King of Fighters '94 ok

The King of Fighters '95 ok

The King of Fighters '96 ok

The King of Fighters '97 ok

The King of Fighters '98 ok

The King of Fighters '99 ok

The King of Fighters 2000 ok

The King of Fighters 2001 ok

The King of Fighters 2002 ok

The King of Fighters 2003 ok

Thrash Rally ok

Windjammers ok

Zintrick ok

fix unable to load another neogeo game after played one

fix dbra opcode error in the dynarec 68k core

optimize the dynarec 68k core

add cave support

add missed neogeo game 1945p

add cps2 games choko, jyangokushi

Similiar to the finalburn for Win32, put your rom in the roms directory, then load it in the emulator.

0.003 support cache, so it will create cache when you first load a cps2 game, it may take several minutes.

It will take much less time when load the game again.

Make sure the neogeo bios has been put into the roms directory before rescan for neogeo games.

To use combo, put macros.dat to cfg directory. You can find macros.dat in finalburn alpha plus for pc.

Cache maker is easy to use, it will create the cache when you finish loading a rom.

The correct bios zip package contains

vs-bios.rom 0x020000 0xF0E8F27D

usa_2slt.bin 0x020000 0xE72943DE

asia-s3.rom 0x020000 0x91B64BE3

neo-po.bin 0x020000 0x16D0C132

neo-epo.bin 0x020000 0xD27A71F1

neodebug.bin 0x020000 0x698EBB7D

uni-bios.22 0x020000 0x2d50996a

sm1.sm1 0x020000 0x97Cf998B

sfix.sfx 0x020000 0x354029FC

000-lo.lo 0x010000 0xE09E253C

Guest just2kol

I could use some serious help here. I'm not getting my Motorola Q to work. Anyone who has one, could you please provide a step by step instructions on how you got FinalBurn.exe to cache your games or play them????

NEEDDDDDDDD HHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Guest Slerpy

I think he's dead :)

Honestly though, I see quite a few problems in 0.10, that weren't in 0.08.

The problems of the poster up a bit, are down to the emulator looking for the wrong roms.

Recently, I used a newly formatted SDCard on my PPC, stuck on FinalBurn 0.10 + working roms, and it doesn't seem to like loading a lot of NeoGeo games. Puzzle Bubble 2, for instance, wants roms from a completely different game (sailor moon, if I remember right). Plus the fact that the disappearing bubbles glitch is still there from 0.09, but not in 0.08.

Still, great emulator, great speed, but I'm sticking with 0.08, for now.

Guest mikeeey
I think he's dead :)

Honestly though, I see quite a few problems in 0.10, that weren't in 0.08.

The problems of the poster up a bit, are down to the emulator looking for the wrong roms.

Recently, I used a newly formatted SDCard on my PPC, stuck on FinalBurn 0.10 + working roms, and it doesn't seem to like loading a lot of NeoGeo games. Puzzle Bubble 2, for instance, wants roms from a completely different game (sailor moon, if I remember right). Plus the fact that the disappearing bubbles glitch is still there from 0.09, but not in 0.08.

Still, great emulator, great speed, but I'm sticking with 0.08, for now.

a lot of people have been saying 0.10 has more problems for them. for me, its better than any of them. much faster. Im using a t-mobile sda (smartphone) and it works great.

what phone are you using?

o and no masterall is not dead lol, hes busy. his last post was about 2 weeks ago.

Guest Slerpy
a lot of people have been saying 0.10 has more problems for them. for me, its better than any of them. much faster. Im using a t-mobile sda (smartphone) and it works great.

what phone are you using?

I dont have a problem with speed, heck, sometimes it's a little too fast. I'm also not using a phone, I'm using a PocketPC (HP Ipaq) running at 533mhz, and about 30Mb free RAM.

My own problem with 0.10, is it's rom loading on a few games, particularly the Puzzle Bubble roms, in that Finalburn is asking for roms from a completely different rom set (didn't happen in 0.08 or 0.09), and the bubbles disappear after a few minutes of play (already noted by many other people) which didn't happen in 0.08, but did happen in 0.09.

So, I would say that 0.10 definately has a problem.

Did you try Puzzle Bubble 1 or 2 ?

o and no masterall is not dead lol, hes busy. his last post was about 2 weeks ago.

Oh, I don't doubt that, as I myself am busy.

Would be nice to know what he's working on, though, even to give us a little teaser :)

Guest nothin
Would be nice to know what he's working on, though, even to give us a little teaser :)

indeed...

i can imagine one short(erm almost short) keyword to describe situation:

HOLIDAYYYS.

Edited by nothin

Guest mikeeey
I dont have a problem with speed, heck, sometimes it's a little too fast. I'm also not using a phone, I'm using a PocketPC (HP Ipaq) running at 533mhz, and about 30Mb free RAM.

My own problem with 0.10, is it's rom loading on a few games, particularly the Puzzle Bubble roms, in that Finalburn is asking for roms from a completely different rom set (didn't happen in 0.08 or 0.09), and the bubbles disappear after a few minutes of play (already noted by many other people) which didn't happen in 0.08, but did happen in 0.09.

So, I would say that 0.10 definately has a problem.

Did you try Puzzle Bubble 1 or 2 ?

Oh, I don't doubt that, as I myself am busy.

well since i have a smartphone i really havent played any games with a horzontal aspect ratio. only the vertical air shooter games. so to answer ur question, no.

so i guess for my use and the things ive tried everything works better. i havnt noticed anything that doesnt work on this version yet that doesnt work on the others.

Guest telboy

Hi all,

As usual a top update from the master. The Cave games work very well, and Cave's bullet hell shooters are my favourite arcade games, thank you again.

On a feedback note I use an Orange SPV M3100 (TyTN) and on all games I need to reconfigure the keys every time I load a game, where as on the previous version it saved them. I may have something set up wrong but thought I would pass it on, just in case anyone else has the same problem. I don't mind changing the keys, it only takes a second, but it would be nice not to.

Anyway, thanks again for the greatest portable emulator. There is not a day that goes by when I havn't loaded it up at least twice :)

Guest PolloLoco

Surprisingly - I can confirm the problem with key settings not staying set. Besides that, version 0.010 is definitely the best for me. It's the only one that allows neo geo saves - and gets me full background music on Sengoku 3.

Guest telboy

Has anyone tried one of these with FinalBurn, Picodrive or PocketSNES?

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/tips/ENR-t...oth-gamepad.htm

http://www.beinteractive.co.kr/eng/product...=3&prrnum=1

I don't mind using my phone Dpad itself but with the lack of diagonals it make playing games like SF2 & DoDonPachi extremely difficult. If these work ok I think I'll sell my PSP!

Guest PolloLoco
Has anyone tried one of these with FinalBurn, Picodrive or PocketSNES?

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/tips/ENR-t...oth-gamepad.htm

http://www.beinteractive.co.kr/eng/product...=3&prrnum=1

I don't mind using my phone Dpad itself but with the lack of diagonals it make playing games like SF2 & DoDonPachi extremely difficult. If these work ok I think I'll sell my PSP!

I've actually got the first bluetooth gamepad - and I hardly use it. I paid 35 bucks new on EBAY by the way - that price is a ripoff.

With the packed firmware - there's a lot of bluetooth lag. With the updated firmware, lag's improved, but it's still there. Also - I've had problems with the buttons sticking, and in one situation - the directional pad popped out, and is now loose. So the build quality is not good. A program has to run in the background - so if you're running an intensive emulator - like certain neo geo games, your PPC will close out the program and suddenly make your joystick worthless. I wouldn't recommend it. I've actually been using the Think Outside bluetooth keyboard A LOT more for gaming lately, there's next to no lag - and the keyboard's actually pretty nice.

The second Zeta gamepad looks interesting. I'm guessing it uses a mini-usb cable to connect to a PPC. It could be good, but my PPC phone (the 6700) can't be a USB host.

Ironically, I've been considering buying a PSP. I've been told that it's the best portable for emulation by far. I figured it's power and the built in joystick make it ideal.

Guest masterall

yes, pgm games need a bios zip package which contain

pgm_p01s.rom crc 0xE42B166E

pgm_t01s.rom crc 0x1A7123A0

pgm_m01s.rom crc 0x45AE7159

Some roms downloaded may already contain these files.

Guest mikeeey
yes, pgm games need a bios zip package which contain

pgm_p01s.rom crc 0xE42B166E

pgm_t01s.rom crc 0x1A7123A0

pgm_m01s.rom crc 0x45AE7159

Some roms downloaded may already contain these files.

where would we find the correct bios? is this one that ive attached right?

also i was informed that the games Espgaluda and Espgaluda II are not for arcade, they are only for PS2. only esprade was for the arcade. is this true?

could you give us a list of what pgm games are supported?

pgm.zip

Edited by mikeeey

Guest Zeiram

I got the same bios-roms from a different page and they work fine... :-)

So far i got Knights of Valor to work...

PhotoY2K only worked parially and Martial Masters and Demon Front dont show up in the list when i scan.

Guest jens.l
I got the same bios-roms from a different page and they work fine... :-)

So far i got Knights of Valor to work...

PhotoY2K only worked parially and Martial Masters and Demon Front dont show up in the list when i scan.

Demon Front is not emulated, because it is protected .It is also not working on Mame and Nebula.

cu

Jens.

Guest DisgruntleElf

Come on testers. Spill it! How about a full disclosure? What's new in the next release? PGM games and ..............? It's really unfair to keep to tease all of masterall's dedicated fans like this.