FinalBurn for WinCE 0.014

Guest masterall

Hi, from what I understand it seems like each game is tied down to either portraight or landscape mode in Finalburn. Is this correct? When I open a game on my Samsung Omnia/i900 half the screen is usually cut off or the screen isn't centered. Is there any way to resize the picture, recenter it, or force landscape mode? Other than that it seems to emulate most of my games perfectly. Has anyone else been able to use finalburn on their Omnia?

Thanks in advance

Guest Menneisyys
Hello there ;)

I don't want to read all of those posts :( In the first post with games states there isn't mslug2 - it works perfect with fb0.14 :wacko:

iy has always worked perfect, even with 0.08 - see my Arcade Games Emulation bible.

Hi, from what I understand it seems like each game is tied down to either portraight or landscape mode in Finalburn. Is this correct? When I open a game on my Samsung Omnia/i900 half the screen is usually cut off or the screen isn't centered. Is there any way to resize the picture, recenter it, or force landscape mode? Other than that it seems to emulate most of my games perfectly. Has anyone else been able to use finalburn on their Omnia?

Thanks in advance

Load the ROM, pause it (touch your screen), then you can access the display settings and choose what's best for your device. Settings are ROM dependant, since each ROM has different characteristics (number of buttons used etc...)

Load the ROM, pause it (touch your screen), then you can access the display settings and choose what's best for your device. Settings are ROM dependant, since each ROM has different characteristics (number of buttons used etc...)

under display settings all the games I've tried only have one setting: portrait mode... landscape left and right are grayed out

under display settings all the games I've tried only have one setting: portrait mode... landscape left and right are grayed out

Mmh, seems that it's somehow hardcoded ? On my TyTN II portrait is grayed out abd I can only choose between landscape left or right. I've also noticed that the smooth strech option doesn't change anything.

Ah if only we could have our hands on the source...

Only thing I know is that masterall has used almost the same interface fo all his emulators, so maybe some options are just not valid.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anghel132

Heya.. sorry I'm a bit new to this. But how do I set this up?

EDIT: nevermind ;) I got it. and it works! Sorta :wacko:

How in the heck I play a game like dodonpachi + other vertical scroller shooters on an OMNIA I'll never know..

Also noted, that the portrait version on that game, is still portrait but still displayed in landscape format. .. when I fly up to te top of the screen (Omg i had no idea how I did that).. it disappears, and I can't see all the text from the top...

Edited by Anghel132

Guest BlackJackFreak

Has anyone been able to get a neogeo game to work on a Samsung Blackjack or other WM smartphone? I tried Metal Slug 1 and 2 and after it finished buffering it told me the phone didn't have enough memory... which makes sense, I mean Metal Slug seems like it would be a bit too much for a smartphone to handle, no smartphone CPU is faster than 350MHz really, and I think the blackjack's is 266, but I may be wrong... Memorywise it only has 48.9MB (even though its marketed as 64, whats up with that...) I'm sure a PocketPC with a 600MHz+ processor and 128+ RAM will have no problem running it, I'm getting the Samsung Epix (i780) as soon as at&t releases it. its a pocketpc not a smartphone and its much more powerful so I'm hoping i'll be able to run these games.

Just out of curiousity though, please let me now if anyone by any chance got metal slug to work on a blackjack.

Edited by BlackJackFreak

• 5 weeks later...
Guest puerrican718
I got the same problem with the landscape grayed out on my Omnia. Anyone know how to fix it. Btw thanks masterall for making this amazing emulators!!!

Have the same exact problem on xperia x1, my guess is the emulator does not support wvga yet at 800x480 is all. Hopefully we get some support soon as I wanna try it out on this. Nice work masterall, keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Love777
The next version will support neogeo games, kof96 works fine without sound.

How can i find all BIOS support files ? it seems the author has not attached the BIOS here ?!

tell me, thanks in appreciation

Guest sianzrong

Just got my TP and i downloaded fireburn 0.014 with a few ROMs. The first ROM work perfectly. subsequently i downloaded the second one and tried to scan for it. But fireburn was unable to see it, in the available ROMs there is still only 1 ROM.

Even after completely removing it and copying in a fresh copy, i'm still experiencing the same issues.

Anyone experience the same issues before?

Just got my TP and i downloaded fireburn 0.014 with a few ROMs. The first ROM work perfectly. subsequently i downloaded the second one and tried to scan for it. But fireburn was unable to see it, in the available ROMs there is still only 1 ROM.

Even after completely removing it and copying in a fresh copy, i'm still experiencing the same issues.

Anyone experience the same issues before?

I am on my Touch Pro as well.... And I had to madly search for the ROM files, why the author didn't put them in is beyond me...

I am on my Touch Pro as well.... And I had to madly search for the ROM files, why the author didn't put them in is beyond me...

its been said many, many times before, the link to the bios is on page 2...

:/

Guest Jack the Kayman

hi everybody ^^

did you try fba on htc hd?

I've just tried, but when a game start it runs only in a small top left corner area of the screen and the program doeasn't display onscreen button

help me pls

thx B)

Edited by Jack the Kayman

Guest sianzrong
its been said many, many times before, the link to the bios is on page 2...

:/

Just a suggestion.

I think it would be easier for a 45 page thread with the very important bios to be updated with the 1st post.

I saw the bios but i wasn't sure what i was suppose to do with it.

Thanks.

Just a suggestion.

I think it would be easier for a 45 page thread with the very important bios to be updated with the 1st post.

I saw the bios but i wasn't sure what i was suppose to do with it.

Thanks.

Also been said, we cant "force" the author to do it...

He didnt wanted to do it because of legal issues concerning the bios.

B)

Guest Jack the Kayman
Its in the emu options...

indeed, but I've checked the option and selectes mode1, but I've only a little box in wich the game runs end the rest of the screen is black

maybe 'cause I've a touschscreen and not hardware button?

I've an htc hd

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Pistacchio

Thanks in advance

Hi...sorry for my english (i'm italian)

I found how to see game in landscape in OMNIA...there is a program called WVGAFIX3...that program change the resolution of dispaly......open it and set 320X240....open now finalburn and the game work in lasdscape..... :rolleyes:

Finally work....but for best game on touchscreen we have to try a bluetoth gamepad like BPG100.....

Edited by Pistacchio

• 3 weeks later...
Guest armowarrior

great emulator!!

This is awesome , now i can play my cps2 favorite games , but.. is there a way to make this work on a 240x240 resolution , i cant see half of my screen :'(