Zune on Vista

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest joelp21

OK Step at in the CMD Prompt does not work for me. I type in C:\Users\Joel Pitts\Desktop\Zune\Zune.msi and it says: C:\Users\Joel' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

That is the file location. That is how my computer is set. Why does it not work????? I dont understand. THat is the path. Then I google all the others ways and now it says there is an update to get it to work on Vista but the updates do not work. I cant download them. So I am stuck with a $250 Mp3 player that I cant not use because my old XP pc crashed so a bought $1000 laptop.

Guest dangodango

sir, i have done your step by step instructions and for some reason even though its on the cp, it won't run its set to compatibility xp and everything i click on it and nothing happens

Guest dsotousmc

man ive downloaded the patch and went step by step and the damn thing still doesnt work on vista ultimate. it sucks for me cause im in iraq right now and i cant get any updates for my zune and i cant even plug my computer in any internet connection. im in the usmc if any one could send me a patch to my military email address that would be great. :) my email address is [email protected] can someone help im going crazy out here.

this works on vista basic cause i had it running on it until i upgraded to vista ultimate please help me out.

Guest silverwingz27

hey paul,

when i download the zunevista.exe file, it doesnt show up anywhere on my desktop, nor anywhere else on my computer even when i try to search for it. and then when i try to run the setup, it gives me an error saying that the setup cannot be run by zunevista.exe externally or something like that. what am i doing wrong/what can i o to fix this?

thanks

:)

Guest silverwingz27

hey paul,

when i download the zunevista.exe file, it doesnt show up anywhere on my desktop, nor anywhere else on my computer even when i try to search for it. and then when i try to run the setup, it gives me an error saying that the setup cannot be run by zunevista.exe externally or something like that. what am i doing wrong/what can i o to fix this?

thanks

:)

hmm.. i dont get this, why do you need the patch anyway? a vista Zune software is available from zune.net. Am i missing something here?

Zim

Hey i got a problem on the part u press CTRL SHIFT ENTER........its not promptinn me to run on elevated permisssion ... what can i do??

Guest hamla

hmm.. I can't make it work. When i've followed your steps i get this message when i try to install: "An error occurred while applying security settings. Users is not a valid user or group this could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. /../" Does anyone know how i can solve this?

//Hamla

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shachadran

made it through all the instructions but when i have the zune program working and it says to plug in my zune and all that it wont find it. It stays on scanning for device forever.

Guest lightningstrike1000

Every time I connect my Zune to my Computer it doesnt detect it at all and before i had this installed it would detect the zune device and I have tried downloading that stupid crap on Zune.net but it doesn't even work. can anyone help?

Guest lightningstrike1000
Every time I connect my Zune to my Computer it doesnt detect it at all and before i had this installed it would detect the zune device and I have tried downloading that stupid crap on Zune.net but it doesn't even work. can anyone help?

Guest SChmor

I have a problem with installing zune.msi.

I am running Vista (Dutch version!).

I get the message that says something like USERS is not a valid group or user ???

Anybody got an idea

Guest breathemetal

I did it, and Zune is working

but my Zune (the player itself) wont connect

It said it cant find it

Theres a big batter with a fork lookin thing in the middle of the screen and it wont go away

Guest matiello

Hi guys,

I've done everything, I followed step-by-step but my Zune Software didn't open.

I done this step: 9. Click the 'start orb' or press the windows key, and type 'Zune'. You'll see the Zune application itself on the list - right click it, and select 'Properties'. Select the 'Compatability' tab and check 'Run this program in compatability mode for'. Click OK.

But my Zune Software didn't open, the program fake that open but don't open. And if I unselect this option above, happen this error:

error.jpg

I don't know what to do. I need help to only open my Zune Software.

My OS is Windows Vista Ultimate Brazillian.

Thanks for all

Matiello

Guest matiello

Well, I almost give up. The Zune Software is impossible to install on Vista.

I tried all the steps, all the tips but I didn`t get install this program.

I unistalled everything and executed unzoone.exe to clear all the files.

I'll try to install again, I need help to install the Zune Software, the last version in my Windows Vista Ultimate Portuguese.

I saw in www.zune.net that the Zune Software is compatible on Vista but with me, only problems.

Well, I need a light.

Thanks

Matiello

Guest matiello

Well, I downloaded the English Language Package to my Windows Vista. Then I got install the Zune Software.

But my software happen some errors. My Drag and Drop don`t work. I can't use drag and drop. Then I've add musics using other ways.

Any idea about add playlist, musics, video without drag and drop?

Thanks

Matiello

• 2 weeks later...