leaving Orange

Guest FrankyG

Guest moroni
.. and annoyingly slimy.

'How odd' I thought, my staff are not slim at all, bunch of fat monkeys more like! :)

took me 3 reads to see the 'l' at the end of the word :D

Guest sporkguy
'How odd' I thought, my staff are not slim at all, bunch of fat monkeys more like! :)

took me 3 reads to see the 'l' at the end of the word :D

LOL - and 6 times to see the 'y' as well? :P

Guest mrmond

I would add after just checking this out today that under the orange 14 day rule no matter whether its a new phone on payg or contract or on receipt of an upgrade on contract if you're unhappy with the phone for any reason, or even going from payg to paym then you have the right to return.

Even if you change your mind before delivery after ordering direct from Orange you can refuse delivery from the courier and sign to that effect.

I get fed up with the number of people who ring up having bought a phone for example from Argos who state in their catalogue that the 16 day money back refund doesn't apply to new phones from them and have to explain to them that it's a load of rubbish and they are covered by Orange's own 14 day money back no quible refund if they are not happy with the phone. Or any shop for that matter. Even telling them to make a fuss at the customer service desk if they have to so that the store can ring up while the customer is in store and read the note that I will put on so that they can flippin well read that they have to adhere to orange policy of giving a refund within 14 days. Even if it's just a sim card.

Guest moroni
Did you mean the 'l' that looks like a 'y' :D

it's a good job i am not dyslexic and i dont have a massive complex about my spelling isnt it! :)

I am a flippin fool sometimes tho! LOL

Guest chucky.egg
cant be true, by law you have a cooling off period with ALL retail contracts..

I may be wrong, but I thought the 14 day "cooling off" period (as opposed to Orange's own policy) only applied to distance selling (Internet, phone etc).

Guest sporkguy
I would add after just checking this out today that under the orange 14 day rule no matter whether its a new phone on payg or contract or on receipt of an upgrade on contract if you're unhappy with the phone for any reason, or even going from payg to paym then you have the right to return.

Even if you change your mind before delivery after ordering direct from Orange you can refuse delivery from the courier and sign to that effect.

I get fed up with the number of people who ring up having bought a phone for example from Argos who state in their catalogue that the 16 day money back refund doesn't apply to new phones from them and have to explain to them that it's a load of rubbish and they are covered by Orange's own 14 day money back no quible refund if they are not happy with the phone. Or any shop for that matter. Even telling them to make a fuss at the customer service desk if they have to so that the store can ring up while the customer is in store and read the note that I will put on so that they can flippin well read that they have to adhere to orange policy of giving a refund within 14 days. Even if it's just a sim card.

From my experience on the frontline of Orange, I can say thats partially true.

If someone brings back an NT3 connected PM phone (the PAYG > PM transfer) - and it has been written on the paperwork that there is 'NO 14 DAY RETURN' -- then the customer has signed away any consumer rights they had regarding the cooling off period. My manager wouldn't allow us to return the handsets, no matter how blue in the face customers got.

If however, that disclaimer hasn't been written on the paperwork, sure, they can return it, but they will lose their PAYG number. Same applies with MNT Pac Transfers.

or at least, thats the way OUR store ran.

Guest xspyda

Well, finally got round to calling Orange to reduce my tariff on two phones to Talk 60 (their lowest tariff as I am now with T-Mob).

... Oh no she said, it's Talk 50 now, our new tariff launched in April, still charged at ?19 / month. So, I asked her if this is just Talk 60 with 10 mins taken off and charged at the same price, yes she said.

There was a time that I would have argued with this and really gone to town, but knowing how awful Orange have become lately, I just laughed and said ok, fair enough. I don't use the mins anyway and will be cancelling as soon as I am able to, which I told her!

So, the lowest plan you can drop to now is Talk 50 at ?19 / month.

Good old Orange - so glad I left after all those years!

Guest sporkguy
Well, finally got round to calling Orange to reduce my tariff on two phones to Talk 60 (their lowest tariff as I am now with T-Mob).

... Oh no she said, it's Talk 50 now, our new tariff launched in April, still charged at ?19 / month. So, I asked her if this is just Talk 60 with 10 mins taken off and charged at the same price, yes she said.

There was a time that I would have argued with this and really gone to town, but knowing how awful Orange have become lately, I just laughed and said ok, fair enough. I don't use the mins anyway and will be cancelling as soon as I am able to, which I told her!

So, the lowest plan you can drop to now is Talk 50 at ?19 / month.

Good old Orange - so glad I left after all those years!

yes but you know where they're spending the money they save from those extra 10 minutes?

Customer Service

:) Sorry, I'm in a comical mood today :D

Guest xspyda
yes but you know where they're spending the money they save from those extra 10 minutes?

Customer Service

:) Sorry, I'm in a comical mood today :P

LOL - even if that were true, it's too late as far as I am concerned and I would imagine for a good many others too from the negative press I Have been readinf about Orange lately.

Every day is comical as far as Orange are concerned sporkguy! :D

Guest mobdna

Customer Service

:) Sorry, I'm in a comical mood today :P

LOL, i agree with ya in some respect dude BUT, however, i always do my best in trying to help with customers queries whether it be an on net/off net phone or a Sharp for that matter lol. There are a few of us who are still customer focussed. :D

Guest sporkguy
LOL, i agree with ya in some respect dude BUT, however, i always do my best in trying to help with customers queries whether it be an on net/off net phone or a Sharp for that matter lol. There are a few of us who are still customer focussed. :D

indeed so, I believe you as I'm one of those few.

but you go a step too far and they'll get rid of you for expressing your opinions :)