o2 Graphite User Guide - Link

Guest daveeeeeed

Guest daveeeeeed

Everything you always wanted to know about the forthcoming o2 Graphite WM5 candybar (aside from a release date or price).

Link to the user guide here. I guess this was submitted to the US FCC for approval and is publicly available (apologies if a repost).

I can't wait for this to be released in the UK - definitely the phone for me :)

Cheers

David

Guest chucky.egg

Since joining T and getting "unlimited" data I've barely turned WiFi on at all - I think I used it a couple of times to check whether a site was down, or the GPRS was just too slow

Guest mikeeey

wat format is this...? pdf im guessing? when i download this its an unknown file so it just shows as a .file format

Edited by mikeeey

Guest daveeeeeed

Hi guys

The guy in the o2 flagship Oxford St store told me that the Graphite was going to be available as of the 21st of this month.

Only 2 weeks to wait if this is true...

Guest mikeeey
Hi guys

The guy in the o2 flagship Oxford St store told me that the Graphite was going to be available as of the 21st of this month.

whoa cool. i still need to know when or if itl be in the US tho

Guest capt_janeway
Hi guys

Well just rang to upgrade from my SP5 and was told to ring back on 22nd Jan - they have no pricing or anything in as yet but I'm hopeful of a good deal

Guest daveeeeeed
Well just rang to upgrade from my SP5 and was told to ring back on 22nd Jan - they have no pricing or anything in as yet but I'm hopeful of a good deal

The thread above from Looby with the scan from the January catalogue suggests £99 on upgrade or free with a contract of £35 and up.

I've been a diehard Orange user to date, but a number of things are pushing me away from them - including expensive data charges. I'm disappointed to see that O2 have also got fairly rigid data bundles, though I reckon that the inclusion of wifi on this handset may reduce my reliability on GPRS.

Kind of hoping that O2 go the way of t-mob and 3 and start dropping data costs.

The thread above from Looby with the scan from the January catalogue suggests £99 on upgrade or free with a contract of £35 and up.

I've been a diehard Orange user to date, but a number of things are pushing me away from them - including expensive data charges. I'm disappointed to see that O2 have also got fairly rigid data bundles, though I reckon that the inclusion of wifi on this handset may reduce my reliability on GPRS.

Kind of hoping that O2 go the way of t-mob and 3 and start dropping data costs.

Anyone knows anything about pricing without a contract?

And will it carry Danish T9?

/jakob

Rang Up O2 again today, there still saying release date is Monday 22nd Jan & no pricing details until that day either.

Anyone know what Memory Card the Graphite Takes? MiniSD or MicroSD. I think its MicroSD, is 2GB the biggest you can get for MicroSD currently?

Guest capt_janeway
Rang Up O2 again today, there still saying release date is Monday 22nd Jan & no pricing details until that day either.

Anyone know what Memory Card the Graphite Takes? MiniSD or MicroSD. I think its MicroSD, is 2GB the biggest you can get for MicroSD currently?

Just got off phone to upgrades and it's not on their system yet :) Apparently can be up to 7 days after release before it shows

Guest daveeeeeed
Just got off phone to upgrades and it's not on their system yet :) Apparently can be up to 7 days after release before it shows

Bit odd that they'd have it in their January catalogue but not release the thing until Feb... My repeated calls to o2 customer service have all been fruitless.

o2 really are missing a trick by not wheeling this out more quickly - there's a real lack of wifi smartphones out there since Orange directed their attention to PocketPC-based handsets...

Yep, Had no Luck with O2 Customer Service either, rang about 5 times all saying the same thing, either try back tomorrow or can be anywhere up to 7 days till it gets on the system.

Guest smilboy

Have called them again this morning but still no luck, guess i'll have to try again tommorow :)

If anybody gets one please let me know as I've been dying to upgrade but have held off for this phone, hopefuly it'll live up to expectations!

Rang again Various times today!! First few times they told me its supposed to be in today, but ring back after 3pm after the stock is updated on the system.

So i wait till 3pm and Nothing, the 3 responsse i got, ring back later, tomorrow or next week. Great customer service huh!!

Rang them on the way home about 5:45ish, And lo and behold its out on the 2nd of Feb, which is Next Friday!!! Anyone one else get this same response?

O2 are S***

Edited by Prem

Guest capt_janeway
Rang again Various times today!! First few times they told me its supposed to be in today, but ring back after 3pm after the stock is updated on the system.

So i wait till 3pm and Nothing, the 3 responsse i got, ring back later, tomorrow or next week. Great customer service huh!!

Rang them on the way home about 5:45ish, And lo and behold its out on the 2nd of Feb, which is Next Friday!!! Anyone one else get this same response?

O2 are S***

Got the same today :) 2nd Feb. To be honest if it's not 2nd Feb I may move to Orange and get the M3100