o2 Graphite User Guide - Link

Guest daveeeeeed

Speaking to customer Serice at 5:45pm today, they are still saying its 2nd of Feb, however after emailing o2, they say the releae date showing on the Supply Chain Bulletin is Week commencing 12th of Feb.

Ridiculous!!

Feb 12th is the new relaese date - Email resposne below from O2 Customer Serice, Rung O2 as well and they are all saying the same date as well.

"Hello Prem,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that may have been caused about the different launch date provided to you.

The availability of phone depends on the product and customer demands. We've wide ranges of phones. As per market demands and availability of the product from the manufacturer, we provide release dates on our network.

The O2 XDA. Graphite is expected to be available on our network on 12 February 2007. Please check our website from time to time to find out the availability of phone"

Guest lmallier

Hi,

got it already as it available in the country where I live (Thailand). First impressions are pretty good in terms of size/weight/finish. Features advertised are there even if I still find that WM (2003 or 5) SE ergonomics are quite bad.

Wifi signal range is pretty weak but still usable. I have installed Skype for WM5 Smartphone edition (Beta) and it works quite good with Wifi (perfect in hearing correspondant voice). I haven't tested 3G as it isnt available here.

I hope you guys can get one quickly!!!

Cheers

Guest HerpezP

lmallier, how is the battery life? Also, if you could take som pictures, if possible also next to some other phones, both of the phone and with the phone's camera, it would be great :)

How is the flash and can you use it as a torch?

How come this phone is not listed in the coming soon section of the o2 shop?

https://shop.o2.co.uk/ComingSoon>O2 Shop Coming Soon Link

Is this phone going to be released to the public or is it just for the business sector?

Orange, o2, voda, WHERE ARE YOUR WM SMARTPHONES???? :)

I went to an O2 shop today and was told first week in March.

I went to an O2 shop today and was told first week in March.

Thats good to hear. But I just cant help but wonder as the phone is not listed anywhere on the o2 website. It is because of this I am convinced the phone will only be available to business customers. :)

Guest smilboy

Spoke to upgrades this morning, it's on the system and apparantly in stock however they can't offer it yet. Apparantley if I call back after 2 they may be able to actually sell it, let's see eh!

Guest smilboy
Spoke to upgrades this morning, it's on the system and apparantly in stock however they can't offer it yet. Apparantley if I call back after 2 they may be able to actually sell it, let's see eh!

Looks like the person I spoke to was wrong, now it's been delayed again 2 weeks until the 26th of Feb, you would think there would be some kind of problem if it's being pushed back so many times but available in other countries? I've been looking at reviews on CNET, they don't all seem that favourable either :)

Guest daveeeeeed
Looks like the person I spoke to was wrong, now it's been delayed again 2 weeks until the 26th of Feb, you would think there would be some kind of problem if it's being pushed back so many times but available in other countries? I've been looking at reviews on CNET, they don't all seem that favourable either :)

Ok chaps - things have moved on for me somewhat since I started this thread back in December.

Without wanting to sound blasphemous on a Windows Smartphone forum, I got fed up of waiting for o2 to get their act together and about 10 days ago gave up. I bought a Nokia N73 on 3's x-series (unlimited 3g data on the handset) for £27 per month, including slingbox access to my home tv. I don't miss having wifi on the handset as have very fast 3g network data speeds in my area. I have also worked out how to install TomTom (my purchased maps all work) on the symbian platform, and love being able to download podcasts on the fly or listening to streaming internet radio without worrying about data charges. Plus, the nokia has an excellent 3.2mp camera - something singularly lacking on any WM handset available in the UK.

Not the biggest fan of symbian s60 but very pleasantly suprised with the services bundled on the handset, Nokia's Outlook synchronisation (way more reliable than Activesync) and the low cost. May return to Windows Mobile again if telcos start releasing decent handsets without the silly delays - or if 3 or their competitors replicate the x-series pricing for a WM phone.

Good luck to all those who can be bothered to wait. o2 have lost a potential high value customer (as have Orange, where I was for 7 years and had already elected to leave).

Daveeeeed.

Edited by daveeeeeed

Can you post a link?-I cant find any reviews for it on CNET

Well, user reviews and CNET Asia (as they can buy it over there) -

http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/mobilephones/...0002661p,00.htm

You can't base your opinion on this phone with these 2 shoddy paragraph long reviews! I still think that this will only be available to business customers only. Unless o2 change their data plan structure I can't see myself getting this phone anyway. It is such a shame to see innovative technology being held back by greedy operators.

I wish Tmob would build a mast in my area! :)

You can't base your opinion on this phone with these 2 shoddy paragraph long reviews! I still think that this will only be available to business customers only. Unless o2 change their data plan structure I can't see myself getting this phone anyway. It is such a shame to see innovative technology being held back by greedy operators.

I wish Tmob would build a mast in my area! :)

Thers nothing to suggest its business only.And at least O2/Asus have bothered.Theres a distint lack of 3G WM Smartphones with decent cameras.I ve been trying to upgrde my C550 to something 3G with a decent processor and cam for gettin on for a year!-Even most of the stuff that has just been announced (such as the HTC Vox) is still crappy 2.5G with (wow) a 2 MP cam.

Thers nothing to suggest its business only.And at least O2/Asus have bothered.Theres a distint lack of 3G WM Smartphones with decent cameras.I ve been trying to upgrde my C550 to something 3G with a decent processor and cam for gettin on for a year!-Even most of the stuff that has just been announced (such as the HTC Vox) is still crappy 2.5G with (wow) a 2 MP cam.

Do you remember the XDA IQ? That was o2's last venture into the wm smartphone realm. It was basically an imate sp5 with o2 written all over it. If you go onto the o2 website (and actually manage to find it) you will soon see that this phone can only be purchased on business contracts. The XDA graphite is NOT listed in any of the coming soon pages on the o2 shop.. This was also the case way back when the xda iq was released!

So in response to your statement that 'Thers nothing to suggest its business only' I'm afraid all evidence is pointed to the contrary. I am just as disappointed as you in this matter (have been an o2 customer for many years as its the only available signal where I live) and I have been let down by o2 many times with the mpx220 (they cancelled it at last minute), xda iq (business only), poor data charges and now I dare say the xda graphite!

As you can see I lost hope a long time ago of o2 becoming a leading wm smartphone operater.

Do you remember the XDA IQ? That was o2's last venture into the wm smartphone realm. It was basically an imate sp5 with o2 written all over it. If you go onto the o2 website (and actually manage to find it) you will soon see that this phone can only be purchased on business contracts. The XDA graphite is NOT listed in any of the coming soon pages on the o2 shop.. This was also the case way back when the xda iq was released!

So in response to your statement that 'Thers nothing to suggest its business only' I'm afraid all evidence is pointed to the contrary. I am just as disappointed as you in this matter (have been an o2 customer for many years as its the only available signal where I live) and I have been let down by o2 many times with the mpx220 (they cancelled it at last minute), xda iq (business only), poor data charges and now I dare say the xda graphite!

As you can see I lost hope a long time ago of o2 becoming a leading wm smartphone operater.

We ll see what happens then, they re now saying begining of March.I know all about the XDA IQ, but I dont think it ever appeared in the printed brochure, unlike the Graphite.This whole shift the release date thing where phones are ACTUALLY launched 4-6 months AFTER their scheduled release dates isnt unique to O2, they re all at it.Its just a marketing ploy designed to keep us hangin on.

Edited by jhils1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest capt_janeway

On O2 Business this morning..............not sure whether to wait and see if it comes to retail or to go for a total change to the Vario II

Guest mr_end
On O2 Business this morning..............not sure whether to wait and see if it comes to retail or to go for a total change to the Vario II

I think I was right, business only! ;)

COME ON O2!!! Sort it out!

Guest jhils1

Went into my local O2 store today, quickly checked the phones on display and no Graphite.So I joined the queue for an assistant.While I was waiting another customer moved and guess what was behind him?-Yep a Graphite!!-OK it was only dummy and they had none in stock, but I was assured that they would definately be in before the end of the month and it wasnt business only.That seems to make sense if they ve gone to the trouble of stocking dummy phones...mind you I think Orange actually stocked the HTC Meteor(C700) for a week before they withdrew it, so who knows what will happen.

Trouble is, details of the HTC Wings(S730) have leaked out-Its got even better specs than the Graphite-Tri band 3G, built in GPS, Windows Mobile 6, slide out keyboard EDGE and CDMA!-And a July release date.

Dont know what to do

Wait and get the Wings.Or get the Graphite now?

Suppose I should get the Graphite as I cant see the Wings being released till at least sept, and my C550 will be over 2 years old by then!

Edited by jhils1

Guest capt_janeway

Phoned yesterday and they were very unhelpful so gave notice to cancel.

Phoned today and CS were fantastic - got mine on order, free of charge and no silly 18 month contract