HTC P4550 (HTC Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Confucious
It also supports HSUPA which I guess will supercede HSDPA.

I hope HSUPA doesn't supercede HSDPA lol

HSUPA = High Speed Upload Packet Access

HSDPA = High Speed Download Packet Access

so the 2 are complementry HSDPA obviously being the most important.

Guest pd.ryder
I hope HSUPA doesn't supercede HSDPA lol

HSUPA = High Speed Upload Packet Access

HSDPA = High Speed Download Packet Access

so the 2 are complementry HSDPA obviously being the most important.

Doh! ;)

:D

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Depends how usable the angle is imho. I like the laptop-format of the Universal but (as i'm tall) a lowish desk can mean it "snaps" flat...

Guest Confucious

It looks like a lot of wasted space on the keyboard part which is behind the screen, can't help thinking that a standard hinge would have allowed the extra couple of rows of keys (seperate No keys and function keys) as per the universal...

Guest mikeeey
Yummy!

Clearly has the Herald keyboard, can't decide if the angled screen (which can be laid flat too) is worthwhile or not?

P

doesnt really matter. if ya dont like it then dont pivot it. if ya do like it then go ahead.

Guest mikeeey
It looks like a lot of wasted space on the keyboard part which is behind the screen, can't help thinking that a standard hinge would have allowed the extra couple of rows of keys (seperate No keys and function keys) as per the universal...

actually it isnt too different than the hermes (wich made my happy to know).

HERMES

full-big-intro.jpg

KAISER

mml-237f122ad1c80b59f1ea845745b80a04.jpg

i think the keypad was just moved down a little. it looks like the keys are actually the same size. i think they made sure not to make them any smaller

Edited by mikeeey

Guest Paul (MVP)

NMEA 0183 is the protcol ALL GPS use basically, it's not a chipset.

I'd hedge a bet it uses the same Qualcomm chipset as the M700 (which i've found none too shabby!)

P

Guest mikeeey
NMEA 0183 is the protcol ALL GPS use basically, it's not a chipset.

I'd hedge a bet it uses the same Qualcomm chipset as the M700 (which i've found none too shabby!)

P

i honostly dont know the difference between the 2 or any gps name.

can someone explain the difference?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikeeey

hey guys i was lookin over the specs again and look at this table comparing the kaiser and the dell Axim X51v

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer&a...344&id2=733

look where it says Graphical Controller.

it has one! just like the X51v! this makes me excited that will be much better for gaming.

im sure the D pad will support multi pressing for games if they will add a graphic controler.

it uses the same thing for an audio chip, so do u think it has better audio quality?

Guest mikeeey
If it lives up to the promise, it's certainly going to be the device. Just wish they'd get on and release the damned thing now. ;)

yes i know! then when its june we're still going to have to wait for when it comes out for out carrier

Guest davidjtaylor
yes i know! then when its june we're still going to have to wait for when it comes out for out carrier

How long did it take from the HTC release of the tytn to the launch from the mobile carriers in the uk?

d

Guest mikeeey
How long did it take from the HTC release of the tytn to the launch from the mobile carriers in the uk?

d

1 or 2 months after june i think. 3 or 4 months after june for the US

Guest elsandalos

Very Nice.

As a Vario owner looking to upgrade, the obvious question is "HAVE THE SORTED THE STYLUS OUT?" <_<

I'm amazed that i've still got my Vario stylus, the number of times i've picked it off the pavement. Huge design flaw that i just don't get - my girlfriend has an HTC Prophet, with a wonderful long, metal, top accessible stylus that fits snugly into its channel. Surely the only stylus design worth bothering with ....

** actually if you look at the picture closely, i think i can see the top of the stylus sticking out ... and it looks like a Prophet-style stylus!!

EL.

Edited by elsandalos

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.