Ask me about SMARTPHONES!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MPXtricky

photos are good - video a bit blocky. What resolution is it capable of in video?

A few G500 outdoor pics, and a sample vid (I haven't watched myself yet!)

P

Guest tautegu

thanks for the vids paul. i want to upgrade my c500 to either a vox or the g500. i leaning towards the vox. there all pretty impressive and the finger print scanner on the g500 is a super feature to have. when the vox is released where would be the best place to get them from?

Guest Disco Stu

How exactly does the fingerprint recognition work ?

How does the phone establish the owner's finger and what happens if you sell the device on ?

From today's Observer, commentator Henry Porter seems to have got it all wrong :

There will be iPods and mobile phones that will work only when they sense one person's fingerprints. So we will be required to give Apple or Nokia fingerprints before buying a piece of equipment.

Government crime review gets a mauling

Guest Paul (MVP)

You register your fingers before you use the function, you can register 1-10 of them ;)

If you sell the device on, a hard reset clears the data.

P

Guest Disco Stu

He usually raises some interesting issues but today's column was poor. Are you certain that the phone didn't send your prints back to Toshiba / CIA to store in their database ? ;) :D

Anyways..so you have to remember which finger unlocks the keypad, which one launches the file explorer etc then ? Might get confusing with 10 options.

Guest flight23
And what happens when you've just picked your nose?

oops!

Hi.

I'm from Germany, so please excuse my bad english.

I'm very interested in the S710 an d pre-ordered it already.

As I owned a QTek 8310 1,5 years ago I had fun creating my own homescreens.

On WM5 this were kind of "simple" XML-Files.

Is this the same on WM6?

I'm thinking about this cuase on the Vox there are the two screen modes "Portrait" and "Landscape"

Would be interesting for homescreen.design. ;)

Thx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ken_i607

This is probably more of a WM6 question, but can either the pro or standard version able to add Speed dials to Alphabets ala-Treo or Blackberries? My Blackjack can do 2-99 speed dials which I think is dumb. I can't memorize past 10.

• 3 months later...

Heya,

Ive got an little problem just new 2 the site awsome info's but i cant find my information.

I've been looking for a cab installer for my HTC s710(just bought it new) but i couldnt find one that wil actually install i cant see images on my phone or watch movies nothing plz Help me!

regards

Saki

Edited by Saki

Guest Disco Stu
Heya,

Ive got an little problem just new 2 the site awsome info's but i cant find my information.

I've been looking for a cab installer for my HTC s710(just bought it new) but i couldnt find one that wil actually install i cant see images on my phone or watch movies nothing plz Help me!

regards

Saki

Welcome to the forum :)

What are you trying to install ? Check out the top links in my sig for instructions on how to install cabs.

Your phone should already have Windows Media Player installed. You can connect your phone to your PC and transfer pictures, music and videos using ActiveSync. This will be on the CD that came with the phone.

Heya Disco tu,

Ty for replying there is great info's agian finaly i figured out how 2 install the cab files etc etc i installed The streaming for HTC

But still can watch movies from M.youtube.com it says u didnt activated java or u have an older version have flash u know any prog where i can get it and a prog. for 2 see images on the net stil cant see images weird

Ty again

SAki

Guest Disco Stu

For YouTube videos you should have a look at this guide by member Menneisyys :

http://www.modaco.com/GREAT-play-YouTube-G...587#entry834587

Note that this is his second tutorial on the subject and that the first one is linked if you need to check out the original method.

As for the pictures problem, this might be more simple. If you start Internet Explorer on the phone, hit Menu, View and make sure that there is a tick against 'Show Pictures.'

I think this is often set to not show pictures to save on data charges.

Good luck :)

Thx alot i made it work! and the image yes indeed i had 2 click it on its much better thnx.

had 1 more qeustion would it become handy if i install this one 2?>>>>RvBCrS_HTC_Streaming_Media

Guest Disco Stu

I think that is a plugin for TCPMP that allows you to play .flv files but I have not used it myself.

It won't do any harm to have it installed - it might be useful in some situations.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.