Samsung SGH-i600 -Firmware Updates here!!!

Guest humaxnet

Guest dario_s
I have the australian vodafone branded i600 with ROM i600BUGD1...Has anyone with a similar ROM done the upgrade to WM6? Feel isolated and always behind down here when it comes to vendor/carrier supplied upgrades. Would Panateo's instructions work with mine or are there some differences which i will end up with a brick??

I've also had the Vodafone branded i600 with ROM i600BUGC3 over here in Croatia.

I updated it with the generic XXGD1 first, then followed Panateo's instructions to flash it to WM6. No problems whatsoever.

D.

Hi

Just updated my phone to WM6 with Russian version (looks like all updates are the same except updater interface language). The process went smoothly until the last file, the updater showed "Wait for the next file" message, and there was "Time : 123" with spinning numbers on the phone display. I had to disconnect the phone and remove battery. After a couple of reboots I now have a WM6 but the phone version remained XXGC6 , while PDA and Eboot are UXXGG2 !

I doubt this behavior is normal for an updater, phone rom didn't update... or it didn't have to ?

What do you think ?

Guest tezet
Hi

Just updated my phone to WM6 with Russian version (looks like all updates are the same except updater interface language). The process went smoothly until the last file, the updater showed "Wait for the next file" message, and there was "Time : 123" with spinning numbers on the phone display. I had to disconnect the phone and remove battery. After a couple of reboots I now have a WM6 but the phone version remained XXGC6 , while PDA and Eboot are UXXGG2 !

I doubt this behavior is normal for an updater, phone rom didn't update... or it didn't have to ?

What do you think ?

Did you update modem driver before flashing?

Did you update modem driver before flashing?

Yes, I got all 3 files from somsungmobile.com : ActiveSync, modem driver and the update itself, no hacking, no tweaking, followed the instructions.

Edited by ZeT

Guest beta3

Is it worth it?

Any new applications excpet windows live?

Any applications removed? RSS reader, Samsung Alarm, Samsung Notes, etc.?

Is the Carussel-Theme still available?

Anything else new?

Can someone post a image of the device running win6?

Thanks

Guest dario_s
Is it worth it?

Well, yes and no, depends on how you look at it. :-)

It's definitely not a must-have update with new striking features, although some of the features and small additions are nice to have (such as HTML e-mail).

I've had a problem with i600 losing/skipping keypresses every now and then in Messaging and all other text fields if you type too fast, which was annoying, but it seems to happen on all WM5 devices with keyboards, with varying frequency. Some people experience this more often than others. This seems to have been completely fixed in WM6.

Any new applications excpet windows live?

No.

Any applications removed? RSS reader, Samsung Alarm, Samsung Notes, etc.?

All are still present.

Is the Carussel-Theme still available?

Yes.

D.

Guest dario_s
After a couple of reboots I now have a WM6 but the phone version remained XXGC6 , while PDA and Eboot are UXXGG2 !

What do you think ?

It happened to me once while updating to XXGD1; updater skipped the whole second part of the flash after the "spinning numbers", also ending with the old Phone version. Re-install modem drivers, then simply try re-flashing the phone. Worked for me.

D.

It happened to me once while updating to XXGD1; updater skipped the whole second part of the flash after the "spinning numbers", also ending with the old Phone version. Re-install modem drivers, then simply try re-flashing the phone. Worked for me.

D.

Thanx, it worked.

About new features: MSN messenger, Windows Live, live search, Windows Update (doesn't work), SD card encryption, bluetooth menu changed - no option to add incoming port, no headset profile, HSDPA menu - option to enable or disable, no option to lock device (only keyboard) on quick list, new home screen - Windows Live Default, new color scheme - green, ... that's all I've noticed so far.

Guest kuvulmaz

I just got my I600, my version is : i600JVGE2 (PDA,Phone,Eboot same)

When I enter this to the box in the update page and push OK, it keeps on asking me to enter my version number?

Has anyone seen this?

Here is a screenshot:

nonamedu5.th.jpg

Guest kuvulmaz
try type i600XXGD1 - it will make your way to second site with registry form, and at 3rd step to dowload.

Now I am downloading, thanks xippon :)

Guest shadowvip

Hi everyone, I wanted to let everyone out there with Asian firmware that the double flashing method worked perfectly for me.

I first flashed my i600 with the European XXGD1 release, and once that was done, went into operator settings, and changed the location to dutch, and then ran the WM6 update.

It works!

Give it a shot if you want WM6!

Guest kuvulmaz
Hi everyone, I wanted to let everyone out there with Asian firmware that the double flashing method worked perfectly for me.

I first flashed my i600 with the European XXGD1 release, and once that was done, went into operator settings, and changed the location to dutch, and then ran the WM6 update.

It works!

Give it a shot if you want WM6!

Where did you download the WM6 updater exe file? Does it have to be downloaded from Dutch flag site? Or any other downloaded updater would also work?

I downloaded mine from another country's flag, but it gives me incorrect version now?

Guest kuvulmaz

I cannot flash mine to XXGD1 no matter what..

I installed the modem driver from the wm6 update page.

I installed the modem driver found in the XXGD1 zip folder.

I uninstalled both drivers and reinstalled them again.

When I get to the downloader mode the activesync starts but fails to recognize my device. Then the uploader fails, even the start button does not become active. Activesync does recognize my device fine however when the phone is powered on.

What should I do?

Guest dario_s
I cannot flash mine to XXGD1 no matter what..

When I get to the downloader mode the activesync starts but fails to recognize my device. Then the uploader fails, even the start button does not become active. Activesync does recognize my device fine however when the phone is powered on.

What should I do?

When you are flashing your device with XXGD1, DISABLE ACTIVESYNC since it is not needed for the old updater (XXGD1). It seems to interfere with the updater; at least it was so in my case, with the same symptoms as in your case (updater fails, Activesync says "unrecognised device", and you cannot flash).

Instead of uninstalling ActiveSync prior to flashing with XXGD1, you can simply kill its task (CTRL+ALT+DEL, then kill WCESCOMM.EXE process), and then try the updater again.

You can then launch ActiveSync again prior to flashing your phone with WM6.

D.

Edited by dario_s

Guest dario_s
Where did you download the WM6 updater exe file? Does it have to be downloaded from Dutch flag site? Or any other downloaded updater would also work?

I downloaded mine from another country's flag, but it gives me incorrect version now?

If you are using Panateo's method of flashing, which I suppose you are, then it *HAS* to be Dutch version because you are going to use service menus to tell your i600 that it is Dutch, prior to flashing.

D.

Guest Heissam

hello there,

i ve flashed my i600 in windows mobile 6, very good

i wanna ask if someone have the

password for the point "internal" in the admin menu???

i wonder why the samsung dont have Voice over IP

windows mobile 6 must have it...

probably we can change or activate it in the internal point..

greetz

Guest kuvulmaz
When you are flashing your device with XXGD1, DISABLE ACTIVESYNC

Thanks dario I will try that..

If you are using Panateo's method of flashing, which I suppose you are, then it *HAS* to be Dutch version because you are going to use service menus to tell your i600 that it is Dutch, prior to flashing.

So where can I find the Dutch version uploader.. I thought all flags on the update page pointed to the same uploader file??

Guest kuvulmaz

Flashing to XXGD1 failed again.

Actually Boot and PDA passed fine but when it came to Phone it stopped. Could not open the com ports as listed below:

-------------

[startDownload => 0] StartDownload !!

[PDA] Connect and Power-on the Device.

[PDA-0]Driver Opened.

[PDA]Read Wait. = [0]

[PDA]Read Done. = [0]

[PDA]Device Found. = [0]

[PDA]Eboot data length = <1100KB>

[PDA]EBoot data download ready.

[PDA] EBoot download complete.

OsImage data length = <65781KB>

[PDA]OsImage data download ready.

[PDA]OS image download complete.

[PHONE] Attempting to Open COM12...

[PHONE] 1. Opening \\.\COM12 id[0].

[PHONE] COM[12] Port open retry (2)-id[0]

[PHONE] COM[12] Port open retry (1)-id[0]

[PHONE] COM[12] Port open retry (0)-id[0]

[PHONE] COM[12] Port open fail.id[0]

[PHONE] Attempting to Open COM10...

[PHONE] 1. Opening \\.\COM10 id[0].

[PHONE] COM[10] Port open retry (2)-id[0]

[PHONE] COM[10] Port open retry (1)-id[0]

[PHONE] COM[10] Port open retry (0)-id[0]

[PHONE] COM[10] Port open fail.id[0]

------------

any suggestions welcome.. thanks..

I disconnected a bluetooth dongle from the PC and now the flashing is OK.

I think the bt dongle was blocking the COM ports.

Edited by kuvulmaz

Guest dario_s
Flashing to XXGD1 failed again.

Actually Boot and PDA passed fine but when it came to Phone it stopped. Could not open the com ports as listed below:

any suggestions welcome.. thanks..

It happens sometimes. Just re-install modem drivers to be sure, and try again.

D.

Guest dario_s
So where can I find the Dutch version uploader.. I thought all flags on the update page pointed to the same uploader file??

Oh, sorry, I forgot about that... Yes, they all seem to point to the same file. Strange that it doesn't work for you, then. You could try selecting one of the other languages which are available for download in i600 system menus, perhaps...

D.