Samsung SGH-i600 -Firmware Updates here!!!

Guest humaxnet

Guest trisip

This Cable! I am looking for it.

See the picture in the attachment.

Do you think a USB to Serial Connector can be used? So we can still use the USB data cable but connect it with USB to Serial connector

Guest MitchellO
Do you think a USB to Serial Connector can be used? So we can still use the USB data cable but connect it with USB to Serial connector

A USB to Serial adaptor gives your computer a serial port, it doesn't make the USB cable into a serial cable. A USB to Serial adaptor is only good if you don't have a serial port on your computer.

Guest trisip
A USB to Serial adaptor gives your computer a serial port, it doesn't make the USB cable into a serial cable. A USB to Serial adaptor is only good if you don't have a serial port on your computer.

Thanks. I got the cable. I bought it from Ebay.I'll post the result after I receive the cable.

Guest trisip
What cable you got ? Can you point your Link ?

Here is the seller in ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

It stated that this serial cable is intended for :

100% BRAND NEW HIGH QUALITY RS232 9 VOLT POWERED SAMSUNG UNLOCKING, FLASHING, DEBRANDING AND REPAIR SERIAL DATA CABLE for

D520, D800, D807, D808, D820, D840, D900,

E250, E250V, E540, E550, E780, E870, E900

P300

T509, T519 (Samsung Trace), T629, T809

Guest vasylek

D1 firmware still unstable !!!!

After few days of experience I confirm D1 is much better. But I still experience "hangs" at least once a day - while answering the phone.

V

Guest orcinus

I haven't experienced any hangs, but sometimes, while answering a call, the keyboard freezes up and i can't answer nor reject it. I have to wait for the caller to give up or time out, then the phone returns to the "regular" keylock status, then i can unlock it and everything's fine again.

I think it's actually a bug in the keylock, as it never happens when i get a call with it off.

Edited by orcinus

Guest trisip
Hi,

Very funny, two days ago, I have just given , this solution by mail to an ohter person for trying... is the other person you?

I am waiting for my cable to test!

BR

Jafangie

Hi....Have you tested your cable? Is it working? I am eager to know your result! I have same problem. :rolleyes:

Guest BigBlue007

@Humax (or anyone else running the I600XXGD1 update):

Does this firmware include german language? If not, does the previous update I600XXGC6 include german? My i600 currently has I600XXGC4 installed and I'd like to update to either of these two versions, but would like to keep german menu.

Guest orcinus
Does this firmware include german language? If not, does the previous update I600XXGC6 include german? My i600 currently has I600XXGC4 installed and I'd like to update to either of these two versions, but would like to keep german menu.

The Language menu says:

Greek

Italian

UK English

Portuguese

French

Finnish

Russian

US English

Spanish

Danish

Dutch

Norwegian

Swedish

German

Guest trisip
Hi,

Very sorry, I don't have the cable yet!!!

Immediatly when i test I post the result here!

Be sure!

Jafangie

I am right here...waiting for good news! Good luck!

Guest Little Bee

Dear All,

Rather than using the previous RS232 cable, there is also another HOPE to reflash the phone. It's JTAG.

I have disassembled my SGH-i600 finally to find out the JTAG pins, but I still can't. Please find the attached photos for your reference. However, I got an array of 4x4 test points without any labelling from the PCB. Can anyone share me the pin out of these JTAG test points? Which one is TD1, TD0, TCK, TMS and GND?

BR,

Martin Wong

post-253985-1181497456_thumb.jpg

post-253985-1181497471_thumb.jpg

post-253985-1181497488_thumb.jpg

Guest vasylek

I haven't experienced any hangs, but sometimes, while answering a call, the keyboard freezes up and i can't answer nor reject it. I have to wait for the caller to give up or time out, then the phone returns to the "regular" keylock status, then i can unlock it and everything's fine again.

I have EXACTLY the same symptom. When I switch off active sync in task manager I does not seem to happen.

V

V

Guest The Doctor
Can anyone share me the pin out of these JTAG test points? Which one is TD1, TD0, TCK, TMS and GND?

Unfortunately it's not something the manufacturers tend to share, or even put in the (confidential) service manuals...

Phil

Guest thinhht
The i600XXGC6 works perfectly. However when I try to install the i600XXGD1, I get some kind of region error. I installed the modem driver succesfully, and the update programm says (after a while of trying different ports) that it finds the modem. Then the update aborts with the aforementioned region error (wrong region or something). Phone bought in Germany, previous ROM was i600XXGC4.

Now I have XXGD1 for EBOOT/PDA and XXGC6 for PHONE. I really want XXGD1 for PHONE, too.

Any ideas?

hi,

how/where I can download XXGD1?