Samsung SGH-i600 -Firmware Updates here!!!

Guest humaxnet

Guest nehvada
Thanks to you and D for the solid reply and confirmation. Tahnks all. I am ready to upgrade, but one last doubt. Will TCPMP work with WM6. TCPMP is a video player

as far as i remember it worked fine on my vox. now it works kinf of ok on my q9 but from time to time having trouble with the video driver. sometimes no picture only sound. not sure yet whats the solution. ill try that later on.

edit: in my opinion its not a matter of WM5 or WM6, its a device specific issue. if it works now on your device it should work also after upgrading to WM6.

Edited by nehvada

Guest galinha

solved !!!!

Hello :

Is there any version to upgrade my i600 to wm6 tha got english version ? Im from Portugal and is not yet availeble.

Can someone post me a link to download this upgrade ?

Thnks a Lot.....

Edited by galinha

Guest spacerace
Hello guys, great job here. I have a I600 from Orange Romania. My version is I600BVGD2. Can i try to update tu WM6? Thanks.

Edited -- i DID it.. http://www.modaco.com/Samsung-SGH-i600-Fir...tml&st=280#

and... is working. thanks guys.

how did you do the first upgrade pre wm6 (XXGD1)? The software sees the phone ok, but when I press Start I get the message "Select an Image to Download" and nothing further happens...

I have a UK Orange i600 and have installed the modem drivers on my pc (Win XP)

Guest Dead Cell

Guys just upgraded my Orange i600 to WM6. Thanks to XIPPON and everyone else involved in making this possible.

Everything seems nice and fast but I'm having one big problem which is bugging me and I thought I should mention it.

I use a software called HTTPMail Provider 1.5 which allows me to access my hotmail account. On WM5 along with POP and IMAP, HTTP was also made available thanks to this software. But since upgrading to WM6 and installing this software again, I am no longer able to select HTTP because it doesn't exist :)

The PPC version of this software works nicely on my HTC Touch which is also a WM6 device but what am I doing wrong here!

Just in case you don't understand what I mean, I'll explain...

When you select NEW EMAIL ACCOUNT in MESSAGING, first you enter your email address etc, then you select the EMAIL PROVIDER, and here you select INTERNET EMAIL, usually only POP and IMAP are available under ACCOUNT TYPE, but after you install HTTP MAIL PROVIDER, HTTP should also become available, so that you can use Hotmail. But it doesn't work, and all you see is POP and IMAP!

This works brilliantly on WM5 and I was wondering is there any way I can go back to WM5 should I not find a solution to get this software to work on WM6?

Any help would be greatly appreciated so please help me out here.

Regards and thanks in advance.

D.C

Edited by Dead Cell

Thanks to you and D for the solid reply and confirmation. Tahnks all. I am ready to upgrade, but one last doubt. Will TCPMP work with WM6. TCPMP is a video player

Yes I confirm TCPMP runs correctly, better than it was in WM5 (There was a bug which makes the homescreen acting strange uner WM5... and now in WM6 problem seems gone)

Guys just upgraded my Orange i600 to WM6. Thanks to XIPPON and everyone else involved in making this possible.

Everything seems nice and fast but I'm having one big problem which is bugging me and I thought I should mention it.

I use a software called HTTPMail Provider 1.5 which allows me to access my hotmail account. On WM5 along with POP and IMAP, HTTP was also made available thanks to this software. But since upgrading to WM6 and installing this software again, I am no longer able to select HTTP because it doesn't exist :)

The PPC version of this software works nicely on my HTC Touch which is also a WM6 device but what am I doing wrong here!

Just in case you don't understand what I mean, I'll explain...

When you select NEW EMAIL ACCOUNT in MESSAGING, first you enter your email address etc, then you select the EMAIL PROVIDER, and here you select INTERNET EMAIL, usually only POP and IMAP are available under ACCOUNT TYPE, but after you install HTTP MAIL PROVIDER, HTTP should also become available, so that you can use Hotmail. But it doesn't work, and all you see is POP and IMAP!

This works brilliantly on WM5 and I was wondering is there any way I can go back to WM5 should I not find a solution to get this software to work on WM6?

Any help would be greatly appreciated so please help me out here.

Regards and thanks in advance.

D.C

Thinks it does not work as WM6 has quite a bit changes on the PocketOutlook side.... (see the HTML Mail reading, more handle on WindowsLive and more on Exchange mail)

i am downgrading back to xxd1.. :)

after a off-on, my soft keys and back keys is freezing. and now with WM5 is same problem. i can use my I600 just if after power on phone and windows loading i am pressing fast (in max 10 sec) start, connection, on to wifi and done. I think, at the start, activesync running in phone and freezing it. do you know about this problem?

Guest zoneman
I already updated mine from Asian(Singapore) to European version with new WM6 version(with Sweden ROM).

And, I set it to UK & BT carrier to use SK Telecom WCDMA network.

No problem.

Hi, I have a SGH-i600 from M1 in Singapore and I would like to know what are the steps your did to upgrade your i600 to the WM6? How did you get pas the "Incorrect Version" error message? Thanks for all assitance.

ZoneMan

Guest sekhar_sarma

Thanks XIPPON and other who confirmed many questions I had in this post. I upgraded ditto to xippon's instructions (15th page) I have a working WM6 now in my i600. I had 3 applications with me earlier and all three work great.

1. TCPMP (you have to copy two dll from some other internet search "WM6 & TCPMP")

2. KeePassSD for smartphone. (You have to use the std version of software)

3. Fring (No issues; one can have skype, SIP, google talk etc) Good one

Thanks all.

Guest dario_s
Hi, I have a SGH-i600 from M1 in Singapore and I would like to know what are the steps your did to upgrade your i600 to the WM6? How did you get pas the "Incorrect Version" error message? Thanks for all assitance.

ZoneMan

To get past the "Incorrect version" message and upgrade any i600 to WM6, just follow the detailed instructions from this very same thread on page 15.

D.

Guest gavinfabl

I followed the guides earlier to upgrade to WM6.

I had version i600xxGC6 and was able to upgrade straight to wm6.

I am in the UK using T-mobile.

The improvements are worth all the hassle of reloading my software etc.

Very very impressed.

Guest Mizzle
Yes I confirm TCPMP runs correctly, better than it was in WM5 (There was a bug which makes the homescreen acting strange uner WM5... and now in WM6 problem seems gone)

Which version TCPMP do you use?

Guest Dead Cell

Guys,

Can someone please tell me if its possible to go back to WM5? If so then do I just attach my device and install GD1 again?

WM6 is ok but there are just too many problems with MSN and synching hotmails etc. I'm always having to turn off the device and turning it on again as the GPRS/3G/HSDPA always stops working even though its connected!

And on MSN it keeps saying "No Wireless Network Available, MSN Is Trying To Reconnect" like every hour or so, and also when I send messages it keeps saying "Message Could Not Be Sent, Please Try Again"!

Bloody annoying!

Thanks

Guest gavinfabl
Guys,

Can someone please tell me if its possible to go back to WM5? If so then do I just attach my device and install GD1 again?

WM6 is ok but there are just too many problems with MSN and synching hotmails etc. I'm always having to turn off the device and turning it on again as the GPRS/3G/HSDPA always stops working even though its connected!

And on MSN it keeps saying "No Wireless Network Available, MSN Is Trying To Reconnect" like every hour or so, and also when I send messages it keeps saying "Message Could Not Be Sent, Please Try Again"!

Bloody annoying!

Thanks

be patient mate. its not a wm6 issue. more like mobile operator.

... i still have problem after restart my phone... the soft keys, and back key is freezing.. who knows about files from startup folder. what about delete_ro ?

Guest linux-ubuntu

Newbe to this forum.

Hi all

I Just updated my I600 from wm5 (I600 XEN i600XXGC6) dutch to wm6 (i600UXXupdater), all went well, Just hit alittle snag, when I try to connect to the net, I get an error message ID or Password are wrong. Being desconnected from provider. :) I use vodafone, but I if I flash it back to wm5 I have no problem. I did not play with the settings, just chose vodafone as the provider.

Any Ideas anyone???

Thx

Guest linux-ubuntu
solved !!!!

Hello :

Is there any version to upgrade my i600 to wm6 tha got english version ? Im from Portugal and is not yet availeble.

Can someone post me a link to download this upgrade ?

Thnks a Lot.....

Hey Galinhazinha ( pinto)

Just flash with I600 XEN i600XXGC6 Dutch (holandes)

then here: http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/i600/net/sub01.jsp

Or just try after you have wm6 this:

depois: Press *#1546792*# in HomeScreen

2. Choose Preconfiguration

3. input the password *#81230*#

4. Choose Portugal and provider.

5. Done

Guest netfreak

Can you please post images of the today sceen of Mobile 6 on i600. Is there still card-view or is it normal.

Is this firmware faster than previous?

Guest kuvulmaz
Hi

My version number is: i600JCGC4

I'm based in SOUTH AFRICA, how can i upgrade to WM6?

Thanks in advance.

First flash it to WM5-GD1 Rom and then to WM6

Read the first few pages of this topic, it has been told how to do it.

Guest nigel07
First flash it to WM5-GD1 Rom and then to WM6

Read the first few pages of this topic, it has been told how to do it.

I would like to confirm that this method worked and i now have WM6 Standard on my i600 (South African version).

Many thanks.

Guest 0reboot0
Nigel from SA

Can yu confirm this update on a SA phone you can still use all your functions? Was it a Vodacom or MTN version?

I'm on Vodacom and I have no problems.