Paul's must have FREE HTC Vox Software!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nedski
I have the ClockOnTop, DoNew for office, SMS InboxExtender and Vito Copy-Paste. All of them are very cool ones.

Only one question: I do not see the clock on the taskbar when Home is active. Is this normal?

Does the same for me so I assume so...

I just found a neat little piece of software: NS Contacts, which can be downloaded here for free.

It allows you to create a backup of your contacts on your Windows Mobile based phone. This single backup database can be moved to any location - your desktop workstation for instance, where the NS Contacts application can be used for editing the contacts.

Edited by ...

Guest danny144

hiya I received my e650 yesterday after a long wait from orange. i was wondering if anyone had software/a hack to allow you to store your text messages to your memory stick instead of the fones memory because with my old phone i was forever having to delete messages to make room for new messages

any help appreciated

thanx danny

Guest ombre33
hiya I received my e650 yesterday after a long wait from orange. i was wondering if anyone had software/a hack to allow you to store your text messages to your memory stick instead of the fones memory because with my old phone i was forever having to delete messages to make room for new messages

any help appreciated

thanx danny

i dont think this would be necessary.. right now i have got 400+ texts on my vox. ;) apparently there's enough space which is automatically allocated..

Guest joemailey

Can't get Q inbox extender to work? its installed but i dunno what it does?

Can i use it on texts messages? or is it for my email inbox or wot?

Said it installed successfully but i can't see any changes

Guest Disco Stu

From the intiial post :

add 'Delete All' and 'Mark All as Read' options to your inboxes.

You should now have those 2 options in all SMS etc folders menu. Was previously only in Deleted Items.

May take a reboot for the options to show.

Paul,

Thanks... all of your tips and software have been great. I'm was loving my HTC s710 and now I love it even more. I was wandering, is opera mobile v8.65 beta worth downloading (would you list it as a 'must have for the HTC VOX)?

Guest wizgnome

Star EnForcer works on my HTC S710

This utility will automatically detect if the SIM card of a smartphone or pocket pc was replaced.

It automatically sends an SMS message to a previously specified phone number containing the new SIM IMSI and current location.

A great progam if your phone gets stolen.

Mike

This utility will automatically detect if the SIM card of a smartphone or pocket pc was replaced.

It automatically sends an SMS message to a previously specified phone number containing the new SIM IMSI and current location.

Mike

Wow thanks for this, I had no idea a program like this actually existed!

Guest ghackett
Paul,

Thanks... all of your tips and software have been great. I'm was loving my HTC s710 and now I love it even more. I was wandering, is opera mobile v8.65 beta worth downloading (would you list it as a 'must have for the HTC VOX)?

I can't speak for paul, but personally, I can't live without it (and I'm really bummed that I'm gonna have to pay for it). It is a lot slower to start it up, and it uses a lot more resources than Pocket IE, but it can render tons of pages that IE could not even dream of. Basically, if I'm browsing to a site I know IE can handle, i use it, but if I'm just browsing or searching, I always open opera (and ive set opera to be my default browser for clicking links in e-mails). And if it gets a little slow in the response time department, I just start over-clocking until I'm done. The only thing I didn't like about it, is that they changed the search box on the home screen from google to yahoo, but a quick edit of the home screen html file can fix that.

Mike

Actually, might have thanked you a bit early for that one because having just replaced the sim card nothing happened on my phone.... Did you fully test?

Guest wizgnome
Actually, might have thanked you a bit early for that one because having just replaced the sim card nothing happened on my phone.... Did you fully test?

Yes, In fact I forgot to deactivate it the other week when I swaped the sim card, and my wife complained that she had a load of sms messages from someone called "Star Enforcer" the next day!!

Hope you find the problem.

Mike

Guest Sniper NL

My Mobiler v1.0

View your mobile screen on your desktop.

Control your mobile by using desktop keyboard and mouse.

Copy/Paste text between mobile and desktop.

Capture mobile screen.

Drag and drop files to your mobile.

Support ActiveSync / IP Connection

http://www.mymobiler.com/board/download.ph...9&filenum=2

I tested it on my Vox and it works good

Edited by Sniper NL

Guest lessirey
My Mobiler v1.0

View your mobile screen on your desktop.

Control your mobile by using desktop keyboard and mouse.

Copy/Paste text between mobile and desktop.

Capture mobile screen.

Drag and drop files to your mobile.

Support ActiveSync / IP Connection

http://www.mymobiler.com/board/download.ph...9&filenum=2

I tested it on my Vox and it works good

Excellent one !! Thanks a LoT ;)

Guest dwostmann
Excellent one !! Thanks a LoT ;)

Hi all, just received my 710 today and got it all set up. Already installed a couple of these programs and so far so good. Thanks for the insight and all the tweaks!!

Guest yorkshiretaff

I'm getting the same problem after just resetting my phone. I've installed all the apps I use and this time round I can't get the options to show regardless of reboots, installs, uninstalls and multiples thereof. My phone is app unlocked so should have no problems.

Does anyone know a fix or which reg keys I should look at to see if the installs gone alright?

Cheers

Edited by yorkshiretaff

Hy,

First, Congratulation for the site and for the excellent sw.

Second:

Removed NoData until I fix it :wub:

Is there any news about noData Vox version?

In fact this morning, playing with connections I saw the "terrifying" small G on the top right of my screen ... thanks god from the call diary no data have been sent ... I pray god that this is true ;)

And wait for Nodata to be available ...

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE

• 2 weeks later...
Guest peterhoar
Removed NoData until I fix it ;)

P

Paul - have you sorted" No Data "- tried to install on my E650 - HTC Vox but no go. What is latest version? Rgds Peter Hoar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest swapnilgyani

Just got my vox today. Have installed some of the apps listed here and boy, is this device shining ;)

Thanks to all!

Edited by swapnilgyani

• 2 weeks later...
Guest C600Madness

Some good ones here!

Having problems with Inbox Extender though - I installed it on my E650 but I dont appear to have the extra delete all and mark all as read options?

Anyone know how to fix?