TomTom on the SPV E650..

Guest markhempstead

Guest wardag21

Can anyone also let us know when you have manged to figure out how to use the up and down keys

plus a step by step setup guide of how to install tomtom and which is the best / working version would be great

I have tomtom mobile 5.2 installed on my E650 with a Nokia GPS device.

Tomtom refused to see the device even when paired and a com port selected, it would tell me to pair the device to my smartphone.

The solution turned out to be simple.

The GPS device must be named 'BT GPS' and on mine is now set to COM 7. Tomtom sees this instantly.

Guest nehvada

why is everybody trying to run TT6 on smartphones? i dont get it! :rolleyes:

whats the problem getting 5.2 and buy the newest maps? it runs perfect on the vox, you can even use the keyboard to type in names and adresses (with minor limitations to some keys). you can add speedcams as pois and everything you need.

so where is the advantage of tomtom 6 ?

Guest wierni

Getting 5.2 spv? only v6 is selled now

I got a version of 5.2 running, but cant select an newer map or a map of another region. ???

Edited by wierni

Guest nehvada
Getting 5.2 spv? only v6 is selled now

you can take any used or allready registered version, because you only need the software itself. ask a friend for a copy. then you buy the newest maps directly from tomtom and register with them. registration relates to the maps, not the software.

I got a version of 5.2 running, but cant select an newer map or a map of another region. ???

no problem here for me, everything works fine.

Guest GolfChick
Hi again

I have now managed to get TomTom Navigator 6 working on the E650.

Simply went to http://spvunlock.rd.francetelecom.com/ filled in the details

Waited about 30 minutes

Copied file from e-mail to phone

Ran installer (cab file)

Reinstalled TomTom

Couldn't get other application unlocking methods to work, but this one worked just fine, just meant waiting for Orange to confirm the details.

Just have to get used to which numbers do what when in the settings menu etc, but also assume these false cursors would also do the trick.

Thanks for the help guys.

im trying this method but how do i get to the start menu using active sync to place it in there?

Guest levanter
I have tomtom mobile 5.2 installed on my E650 with a Nokia GPS device.

Tomtom refused to see the device even when paired and a com port selected, it would tell me to pair the device to my smartphone.

The solution turned out to be simple.

The GPS device must be named 'BT GPS' and on mine is now set to COM 7. Tomtom sees this instantly.

Hi

I didnt have to rename the GPS , but did have to select the outgoing BT port in the BT settings, and its this port that should be selected in TomTom.

n.

Guest avoncoast
Hey

I tried to install TomTom Navigator 6 on my SPV E650 today. I thought everything went fine as it installed OK and came up with the setup screen with the list of languages. However, as soon as I selected "English" it displayed a message saying "Your device is not supported..." and closed.

I think that the application would probably work OK but it's TomTom playing it safe and putting an annoying OS check in the setup rather than letting users try for themselves!

Hope this helps, and if you do find a solution or an update available, please keep this post up to date.

For your reference I have not tried TomTom Mobile 5.

:rolleyes:

WHICH SPV DID YOU TELL TOMTOM YOU HAD,

DURING THE INSTALLATION PROCESS, AS THE

SPV E650 IS NOT ON THE ONSCREEN LIST?

:P

Guest skazz

I was looking around on the TomTom site, and noticed that their new v6.6 maps are stated to be fully compatible with TomTom Mobile 5 as well as with TomTom Navigator 6. So even those people who absolutely need the newest maps have no reason to go for Navigator 6, considering that Mobile 5.2 works perfectly and Navigator 6 requires a lot of annoying work-arounds.

That said, apparently the latest maps are from a new mapping provider (moving from TeleAtlas to Navteq), so there is no guarantee that they are any more accurate than the 5.x or 6.x series map files which were delivered with previous TomTom products.

Personally I don't think just a map upgrade is worth paying another €100 for, but then I've not encountered many incorrect situations while driving around using TomTom Mobile 5 for the last couple of years.

Edited by skazz

Guest conan_troutman
I was looking around on the TomTom site, and noticed that their new v6.6 maps are stated to be fully compatible with TomTom Mobile 5 as well as with TomTom Navigator 6. So even those people who absolutely need the newest maps have no reason to go for Navigator 6, considering that Mobile 5.2 works perfectly and Navigator 6 requires a lot of annoying work-arounds.

That said, apparently the latest maps are from a new mapping provider (moving from TeleAtlas to Navteq), so there is no guarantee that they are any more accurate than the 5.x or 6.x series map files which were delivered with previous TomTom products.

Personally I don't think just a map upgrade is worth paying another €100 for, but then I've not encountered many incorrect situations while driving around using TomTom Mobile 5 for the last couple of years

Your quite right on this matter i updated my TT 5.2 to the latest map of Europe 6.6 works fully with my existing software.

so if you can find the software available you can buy the map updates via TT and you r up andaway.

PS anyone know where benelux is ?

I have two TT 5.2 complete with maps of benelux never been used all legit i am going to ebay them later, but where the hell is benelux I need to know to so I know what audience to taget my sales at.

Guest sgilder1
Your quite right on this matter i updated my TT 5.2 to the latest map of Europe 6.6 works fully with my existing software.

so if you can find the software available you can buy the map updates via TT and you r up andaway.

PS anyone know where benelux is ?

I have two TT 5.2 complete with maps of benelux never been used all legit i am going to ebay them later, but where the hell is benelux I need to know to so I know what audience to taget my sales at.

Benelux = Belgium Netherlands Luxembourg. I might be looking for TT Benelux - PM me with a price and I will let you know!

Guest wierni
Benelux = Belgium Netherlands Luxembourg. I might be looking for TT Benelux - PM me with a price and I will let you know!

V660.1223 maps works with 5.2 spv

Guam or Canary islands also needed.

Newsgroups, Torrent.. etc.

Edited by wierni

Guest Blaufeld

I've finally managet to have TT Navigator 6 working on the Vox using Fakecursor and Xbar - the ONLY prob I have now is that, even having a "voice" folder full of, ahem, voices :P , no voice can be selected from within TomTom... :rolleyes:

Any suggestion?

Thx!

Guest ptwilliams
I've finally managet to have TT Navigator 6 working on the Vox using Fakecursor and Xbar - the ONLY prob I have now is that, even having a "voice" folder full of, ahem, voices :P , no voice can be selected from within TomTom... :rolleyes:

Any suggestion?

Thx!

Ive installed it on my E650 after the application unlock with no problems. Only issue I have is entering locations. Sometimes the keys you press on the keyboard, appear as something totally different in the application. I had the letter G appearing when I entered a W. Even choosing the letter with a mouse via Active Sync remote display triggered the same problem.

Any ideas?

Guest conan_troutman

here is an idea for all of you...try using the TomTOm 5.2 for smartphone (NON TOUCHSCREENS) and not trying to use the PPC version ( TOUCHSCREEN ) you can still upgrade and use the latest maps and its not like TomTom 5.2 is exspensive to buy these days.

Guest peekie

tomtom 6 maps do not work with version 5 , as the map for holland is way out of date its useless :rolleyes: support from tomtom sucks

Guest Blaufeld

Finally found a way to put TT5.2 on my Vox - it works like a charm... :rolleyes:

Edited by Blaufeld

Guest conan_troutman
tomtom 6 maps do not work with version 5 , as the map for holland is way out of date its useless support from tomtom sucks

funny that cos I am using TOMTOM mobile 5.2 with the map of Europe I downloaded from the TOMTOM site a few months back and the map is for version 6.60 so it works fine for me and lots of other people...and yes you sre right support ie customer service is the worst I have ever had in my whole life.

Guest perry185

I've installed TTN6 on my S710 after configuring it in an PPC emulator on the pc and copying the files to a microSD card. It works acceptable for me except one issue:

When TTN6 is in navigation mode the display switches off after 30secs like the phone is in standby mode on the homescreen.

I'd like that TT doesn't switch off the display when TT is running, someone who can help me with this?

Guest nexxexium
I've installed TTN6 on my S710 after configuring it in an PPC emulator on the pc and copying the files to a microSD card. It works acceptable for me except one issue:

When TTN6 is in navigation mode the display switches off after 30secs like the phone is in standby mode on the homescreen.

I'd like that TT doesn't switch off the display when TT is running, someone who can help me with this?

Go to settings - home screen : time out never

Go to settings - security : device lock eg 24 hours