TomTom on the SPV E650..

Guest markhempstead

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mango0411

I had the TT 5.2 version running nicely on the E650 then I had to replace the phone as it died so had a replacement from Orange. When I tried to reactivate the software it said my Device Code was not valid, after contacting TT support they came back asking for proof of purchase and proof that my device had been swapped. I had neither as my TT 5.2 was brought off ebay and apparantly they only allow 2 devices to be activated against one product id. Orange didnt give me any paperwork for the handset swap either.

So I bit the bullet and brought TT Nav 6, copied all of the files of the SD card onto my micro sd card, but cant get tomtom to install or do anything! The 2577 folder has the TTN and TTN2003 and autorun in but cant get either to work properly.

I have tried downloading the Fakecursor and am just getting totally lost.... Please can someone help! I am lost (literally) without my tomtom!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest toda154

Hello guys,following posts above managed to install TomTom 6 on E650 after application unlock and fake cursor installed. The problem now seems to be, that there is no proper connection between the phone and the GPS receiver (GlobalSat BT 338). E650 finds the receiver and pairs it, but only outgoing bluetooth com port is available (com 6 or com7). Can not set incoming bluetooth com port and TomTom says NO GPS DEVICE. Also from TomTom settings, gps receiver must use bluetooth com port 9.

Any help is appreciated

thank you

Guest Paul (MVP)

Good work peeps, but wouldn't it be easier to get something like Route66 that's designed for the device?

I think someone needs to make a really great Nav app for Smartphone...

P

Guest Crashpolo

Ok gonna try Nav 6 again today but I think mobile 5 is the way to go where can I get mobile 5. Cant exactly download it as its for a comercial purpose lol

According to Route 66 there software doesnt work on windows mobile 6?

Well they're wrong. It runs just fine on my Vox.

Edited by Gunde

Do you have to mod it like add Xbar and Fake cursor etc ? or will it just install and run and make cups of tea ? ;)

No need to mod anything. Just make sure to get the Mobile version.

why is everybody trying to run TT6 on smartphones? i dont get it! ;)

whats the problem getting 5.2 and buy the newest maps? it runs perfect on the vox, you can even use the keyboard to type in names and adresses (with minor limitations to some keys). you can add speedcams as pois and everything you need.

so where is the advantage of tomtom 6 ?

Hi,

My Tomtom 5.2 just hangs on aggreement screen. Any advice to sort this problem out? Thank you.

• 6 months later...
Guest birdibird
Hi,

My Tomtom 5.2 just hangs on aggreement screen. Any advice to sort this problem out? Thank you.

place an empty file called CurrentMap.dat in \My Documents\TomTom, that will solve the problem

People, why the hassle with TomTom 6 if you can run 5.2 mobile perfectly with the v660 maps?

(Tris, I completely agree!) :D

Edited by birdibird

Guest jinner

I am having problems getting Fake Cursor to close. Can anyone help with the following?

1) I am using Fake cursor 1.06 - is the the latest? Other users mention cross hairs but I get a large arrow pointer.

2) Cannot see full Fake Cursor setting screen - cannot move to any of the fields on the Assign tab (access Fake Cursor settings with shortcut eg. 53#"\Program Files\Fake Cursor\FakeCursor.exe" /settings )

3) Cannot close fake cursor without clicking fake cursore.exe in explorer. Can't seem to get to explorer with TomTom running. I can only use home key and back key held for 2 seconds. Fake cursor doesn't close when i press home.

4) How do I set up hardware shortcut for the Vox. Long_camera.ink in windows folder still turns on camera. Long_pound or long_home don't appear to work.

Thanks,

Guest jinner

Update: I have now found out I was using Fake Cursor for the PPC - now found smartphone version here.

Works but need to press home to exit - which takes you to the home screen.

Tried to change the PPC version settings so that a softkey exits Fake Cursor and tomtom says active. Changed Fake CursorPPC settings using Fake CursorSP - changed Action key to Exit (not very useful!) but it bombs you out to the homescreeen as well - so looks like Fake Cursor SP is the only solution...

Guest Morelli
place an empty file called CurrentMap.dat in \My Documents\TomTom, that will solve the problem

I have been running TomTom Mobile 5.2 (4450) with two maps quite happily for some months now. I decided to install an update of one maps ‘manually’. But first I used TomTom’s utility, ttmupd520.exe, to make a backup of the phone’s memory to the PC. :o

The install of the map didn’t go as planned so I decided to delete all the TomTom folders from the phone and rely on restoring the backup. Needless to say that didn’t go as planned either (anyone had problems using TomTom’s utility to restore a backup?). So I wiped the memory card and copied back the files etc. from the backup to the memory card. :D

The problem is that that TomTom backup utility only backs up the files on the memory card and not the TomTom folder from the phones internal memory. :(

Could I ask for details of the file structure from your phones memory to see if I can replicate it.

Thanks in anticipation

Morelli