HTC Tornado - Ahead of its time?

Guest Nubbing

Guest mikeeey
This in the context of a Smartphone vs PocketPC discussion is absurd.

http://www.sizeasy.com/page/comp/1779

shows quite effectively that the difference between a smartphone and PocketPC is almost insignificant!

yea, the kaiser is only bigger in width, and smaller in everything else. not to much of a difference in width either.

o sry for being off topic i didnt read the posts ahead of the last one lol

Edited by mikeeey

Guest mikeeey
this thread is not about the diffs between PPC and Smartphones, there's a whole other thread for that lets just leave it be and concentrate on the question

The Tornado - ahead of its time yes or no ?

thank you and good day

yes i think even still now the tornado is ahead of it's time (if you compare it to some of the non-smartphones out there).

take the popular motorola razr/krazr/all of those motorola phones, and none of them have wifi or above a 1.3mp camera. only some phones are "multimedia" and dont support the same things as others. the tornado or any windows mobile device is pretty much ahead of any device now-a-days (except nokia/symbian phones lol)

Edited by mikeeey

Guest Nubbing
I have now owned my Qtek 8300 17 months.

Do you wish you got the 8310 version though. I do as the button layout looks much better. The music buttons on the 8300 are useless and make the rest of the buttons squashed. Plus I think the 8310 looks a lot cooler. I went for the 8300 because I was young and reckless and thought the music buttons looked cool at the time. Also I too have problems with the joystick and its the main reason I went for an upgrade rather than keeping this good'old compact high tech phone for a bit longer.

browseStory.jpg :P

One thing that I enjoyed about the tornado was that no one else had it yet it was a very, very cool phone. Nowadays if theres a cool, top of the range phone, lots of people have it (I have already seen a few who have the N95 and lots of people with that 3.2MP sony ericsson).

People who looked at my phone had never seen it before, and had usually never seen windows on a phone. This made it very exclusive and cool.

I do wish there was an update though, better processor and an amazing camera + all the features it had anyway, same form factor perhaps smaller...I would definately have waited for such a device :D , this is why I have had to make the switch to symbian :rolleyes:

Guest bbrockie

Apart from a few bugs, I absolutely love this phone!

The only real downside to the Qtek 8310 is that I no longer use my PocketPC :rolleyes: