Orange Flat Rate data - the official announcement

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Shaunfarris

Forgot to mention if you want the magical unlimited its £1 per day, but the catch is you have to call them EVERY day to activate it, otherwise any use before activation will be £3 per meg........................gets better eh

Oh well, I've already switched to T Mobile for one contract and I have 3 months to go before I can switch the other, was just hoping that O would come up with a real data package not this mickey mouse one.

Looks like its the death of Pocket PC for me, if I cant use my M5000 on the internet then there is not point in having anything other than a basic phone anymore.

Any suggestions on a decent phone that isnt design for use on the web

Guest Shaunfarris
Look what just dropped in my mailbox!

Kudos to Orange, especially on the 'capping' for those who don't sign up to a bundle!

P

Hi Paul (MVP)

Any chance you can speak to whoever got you the info on their data pricing.

As its not what orange have actually done, so its looking more like a scam to con people into signing up on upgrades etc instead of jumping to T Mobile.

The actuall palns they have brought out are:

1. £5 Evening and Weekend Unlimited. but £3 per meg for out of bundle usage then £1 per meg over 15meg

2. £8 Anytime capped to 30mb per month then £3 per meg over 30 meg then £1 for over 15meg over the 30meg

3. £1 per day unlimited, but you have to activate it with a call to CS satff every day. otherwise £3 per meg.

Doesnt really look competive at all hey??

although £30 a month is better than previosuly allthough the thought of phoning CS staff everyday is enough to make a grown man cry...........or jump to T............LOL

Sorry guys for posting so much........just real frustrated..........although at least you all get a good view of Kylies greatest hit.

Edited by Shaunfarris

Guest Nyami

Is there any way to check your remaining data or current usage if you sign up for on these bundles with Orange rather than having to install something like Spb GPRS Monitor?

Nyami

Guest Disco Stu

Ooh ! Look what's dropped into my inbox this morning.....

]Hi, welcome to this month’s offers email, featuring a bull called Derek

Orange have sent me an email entitled "Spot the bull"

:rolleyes:

Guest Shaunfarris

Cant believe it just seen the Vodafone............yes you heard me Vodafone, data offer

£7.50 for 120Mb

So our options are now:

1st Place. T-Mobile £7.50 for 1GB

2nd Place. Vodafone £7.50 for 120MB

3rd Place. Orange £8.00 for 30MB

For all those people who cant get a decent T signal looks like Vodafone are now the only alternative, Orange are now going to lose out to T & Vodafone.

120Mb would do me especially if I stopped using things like SBSH weather., maybe the Nokia N95 is the one for me on Vodafone now, and flog my Orange M5000

Guest Stuart_f

Do you have a link to the vodafone offering? Can't see anything on their website except some "coming soon" messages without any detail.

Guest Shaunfarris
Do you have a link to the vodafone offering? Can't see anything on their website except some "coming soon" messages without any detail.

Just go through the selction of phone and tariff then you get the choice of data text etc, the data is £.50 for 120mb 1st month free

Guest Neil5459

And just to dampen the spirits of a previous poster- you can only have ONE bundle active on each account, so can't have £13 per month for 30MB day time @£8, and unlimited off peak data @ £5 :rolleyes:

I got the O Bull email, but didn't even read it !

Unfortunately for me, O are the only operator to provide any signal at all where I live, but I've just converted my No1 account to PAYG rather than sign up for another long contract; hoping that Three willo start giving their signal a bit of a boost- I'm only just out of range, and their new tariffs allow non Three UMTS phones to be used!

Guest khurram41

Hi guys! please if anybody can tell me. As l have 1gb unlimited data on 3 network for a 5 pounds extra on my tariff but the thing is that unlike orange & t-mobile to use phone as a modem is not permissible, even if it was permissible 1gb is not enough to use as a modem anyways. But I can use skype (I bought a sim free vodafone vpa 1605 aka spv m3100/vario ii/htc tytn etc. & installed skype using with my 3 sim). Due to small amount of data allowance offered by 3 I want to take orange contract. Not t-mobile because I heard they don't allow VOIP (My 1st question is if that's true that t-mobile doesn't allow VOIP? & what about streaming?) & 2ndly personal no.'s (no.'s starting with 07744) are also not free anymore in monthly allowance with t-mobile. My 2nd question is that "Does orange allows VOIP & streaming like 3 network"? Please if anybody can help me, I'll be very thankful. Please email me at: [email protected]

Guest Shaunfarris
Hi guys! please if anybody can tell me. As l have 1gb unlimited data on 3 network for a 5 pounds extra on my tariff but the thing is that unlike orange & t-mobile to use phone as a modem is not permissible, even if it was permissible 1gb is not enough to use as a modem anyways. But I can use skype (I bought a sim free vodafone vpa 1605 aka spv m3100/vario ii/htc tytn etc. & installed skype using with my 3 sim). Due to small amount of data allowance offered by 3 I want to take orange contract. Not t-mobile because I heard they don't allow VOIP (My 1st question is if that's true that t-mobile doesn't allow VOIP? & what about streaming?) & 2ndly personal no.'s (no.'s starting with 07744) are also not free anymore in monthly allowance with t-mobile. My 2nd question is that "Does orange allows VOIP & streaming like 3 network"? Please if anybody can help me, I'll be very thankful. Please email me at: [email protected]

Are you having a laugh or just deliberately trying to wind up Orange customers.

3's data offerings are as good probably better due to price than T-Mobiles. Orange do not offer any data bundles that can even be considered usable.

for your info, Orange offer........

1. £8 for 30Mb per month

2. £5 for Evenings and Weekends Unlimited (however as Orange have informed me Unlimited means 30Mb cap)

3. £1 a day again capped but not sure what the cap is, but you have to ring them to activate before using.

Modem use is not permitted, VIOP is not reccommended although the data quantity would restrict it anyway.

My recommendation is...................realise when you have a good thing and forget Orange

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Neil5459

The £8 pm AnyTime plan in 30MB per MONTH :) which sucks big time compared to the competition.

The PAYG £1 per day cap is limited to 30MB in any day. This has to be reactivated by a call to CS each day you want it, or you will be charged the full £3 per MB PAYG rate.

Guest Confucious

acording to the guy in the thread i linked to who works for O, th 8 quid a month is for 30Mb per day not per month - can anyone confirm this?

Guest Neil5459
acording to the guy in the thread i linked to who works for O, th 8 quid a month is for 30Mb per day not per month - can anyone confirm this?

This is from the T&C page:

Orange World Monthly Access

1. The Offer is an Orange World Monthly Access bundle ('the Offer') which is available to new and existing Orange Pay Monthly customers from 28 may to 31 December 2007.

2. The Offer provides 30 MB data browsing for £8 per month. Any usage beyond this limit during the month will be charged at your standard service plan rates.

3. Any unused part of the bundle will not rollover to next month.

4. The Offer is for use within the UK only. Any use outside of the UK will be charged at the relevant international rates.

5. The Offer does not include event charges such as for ringtones or games (transport costs for these events are included).

6. Usage within the Offer will not contribute to any rewards or other promotions offered by Orange from time to time.

7. Orange reserves the right to amend or vary these terms or to withdraw the Offer at any time on reasonable notice.

8. Downloading or applying for the Offer may result in the suspension or deletion of any previous data bundle (or data tariff) on your Device.

9. Your application to use the Offer will be subject to Orange approval and compatibility with your current talkplan. You will be notified by text message once the Offer has been applied to your account. Until receipt of such confirmation sms your standard service plan rates shall apply.

See Para 2 :)

Guest spacerace

I think you're right, but the T&C don't explicitly say that the 30MB is per month or any other period. Just 30MB for £8 a month. If you so chose you could interpret it as per day which is maybe where some peoples confusion is coming in.

Guest musicvan
This is from the T&C page:

Orange World Monthly Access

1. The Offer is an Orange World Monthly Access bundle ('the Offer') which is available to new and existing Orange Pay Monthly customers from 28 may to 31 December 2007.

2. The Offer provides 30 MB data browsing for £8 per month. Any usage beyond this limit during the month will be charged at your standard service plan rates.

See Para 2 :)

Do they ever do any market research or actually speak to customers ? T-Mobile "Unlimited" at 1GB, Orange "Unlimited" at 30MB for the same price!

I find it funny that these network companies spent billions between them on 3G licenses, then complain about millions the government owes them for VAT, and they still refuse to offer realistic data plans to customers to get some of this money back? Does not make any business sense....For a company that was the first out there with a Windows Smartphone (SPV) why do they fail to allow customers to access modern technology such as 3G HSDPA etc.. with the phones they sell?

Guest UndeadDevil

I think they will realize once they lose half of there customer's. I left them and couldn't be happier with T-Mobile. You'd think that Orange would have the cheapest Internet Access considering there a ISP as well. (The UK's worst according to DSLZoneUK.net)

I mainly left because I was sick of my credit disappearing randomly and the £1 a day access never working (Always got told there was a problem with there Systems when trying to buy it, and then once it finally started working 2 hours later it would drop the connection every few minutes)

Any UK Mobile Network beats Orange and I feel sorry for any poor soul that is still on Orange.

Guest conan_troutman

I find it funny that no one has chosen to sue them for ilegal representation of there product, or false advertising.

hoe does "unlimited" = 30MB or 1GB would that not be "limited"?

Guest Neil5459

Where does it actually say 'Unlimited' in the £8 per month plan. It says 'Anytime' which has a different connotation. I think the confusion arose with all the rumours preceding the official announcement. (Nb I'm NOT taking O's side, as I think they have totally lost the plot)

Regarding the 30MB confusion, the part of teh T&C saying 'Any usage beyond this limit during the month will be charged at your standard service plan rates.' is pretty unequivocal.

Orange's own website is lamentably out of date when it comes to explaining the Data plans and their T&C. The lack of a genuine search facility doesn't help. All the pages I could find still refer to the old OWA 4, OWA 25 etc, and none references the new tariffs, and my quote above was from the T&C accessible from my M700 logged into Orange World. I was still unable to find a definitive charge for data outside the bundle, though I have seen it somewhere- up to 15MB over bundle is £3 per MB; after that it is £1 per MB.

Guest conan_troutman

I was just using the "unlimited" vernacular that is being touted about these websites to show how absurd this conversation is

sorry i was just feeling a little mischievous

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.