iGO (finally) gets a UK distributor

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hi Mwright to convert TomTom to I-Go see this article

Ignore my message about MioMap on that page as I have upgraded to I-Go now.

Guest mwright
Hi Mwright to convert TomTom to I-Go see this article

Ignore my message about MioMap on that page as I have upgraded to I-Go now.

Nope - fails miserably with a mass of "file not found" messages!

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

I've been using this since Nedge2k released it and I don't have any problems, if you are having problems with the batch file then drop a reply in Nedge's thread

Guest Jasonkruys

I have also been using it with no problems...

Back on topic: I am really liking iGo. The speed is very good indeed, and the instructions more detailed and clearer. What I particularly like is the ability to create customised skins for the program, of which there are some very good ones in the pdamill forums and elsewhere - also in the latest version it is very easy to install such skins..

Now all I need is a gps device with TMC functionality to finish off the package

Guest Swampie
You wait until you see iGo 2008. ;-)

20070226_NavNGo_iGO8_3D_preview_2.jpg

Of course, though, that's a VGA res screenshot. Very nice, but wouldn't be quite as slick on a QVGA device.

/me wishing for a VGA reg Kaiser to be released on T-Mobile in the next month or so at bargain prices..... :rolleyes:

/me isn't holding his breath!

Guest proindigo
Of course, though, that's a VGA res screenshot. Very nice, but wouldn't be quite as slick on a QVGA device.

/me wishing for a VGA reg Kaiser to be released on T-Mobile in the next month or so at bargain prices..... :rolleyes:

/me isn't holding his breath!

Looks almost too good..... Does it work with windows mobile 6?

Guest peacemakesplenty
Looks almost too good..... Does it work with windows mobile 6?

I've used it on an upgraded Wizard. Worked with no problems so far.

Guest proindigo
Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know that stocks are now in the UK, and feedback welcome from all users!

iGO Stocks Now Ready to Ship

Many Thanks!

Bryson

Great job...

are you guys going to make a microsd version available or do we have to wait till 2008 version in November? Also can you confirm windows mobile 6 compatibility?

Guest bryson
Great job...

are you guys going to make a microsd version available or do we have to wait till 2008 version in November? Also can you confirm windows mobile 6 compatibility?

Hi

Getting differing reports regarding WM6, its only sold as compatible with:

Supported Operating systems:

* Microsoft Windows Mobile for Pocket PC 2003

* Microsoft Windows Mobile for Pocket PC Phone Edition 2003

* Microsoft Windows Mobile for Pocket PC 2003 SE (Second Edition)

* Microsoft Windows Mobile for Pocket PC Phone Edition 2003 SE

* Microsoft Windows Mobile for Pocket PC 2005

Hopefully a MicrosSD verison will be available but im afraid no definitive news on timescales, i suspect it will be based upon iGO's success in its current format.

Cheers!

Bryson

Guest Neil5459

I'm afraid my experiences thuis far have been a shambles :P

I've had good advice from DSL, and from iGO, but to no avail until I tried something myself.

First big disappointment is that iGO Western Europe does not have full 7 digit postcodes fopr UK, though apparently the UK only version does.

Then, every time I tried to run iGO, it failed, after 2 info dialogues. The first was due to iGO including non-activated maps on the SD card, which need manually removing. The 2nd referred to the import of Contacts, and that the system would slow while imprting. In fact, the system crashed from 10-30 seconds after starting, no matter what.

iGO suggested WM6 was the problem, so I reflashed back to the official HTC Version for my P3600, and all was smooth- program started with no errors, and no import info box (because I'd not sync'ed at that point)

Later I decided to go home, and test the system. Started, and as before, crashed after 10-20 seconds every time. SO I decided to try iGO's advice to prevent contacts loading (not easy as a file they said was in the iGO folder didn't exist, so I needed to create it first); after doing that, I've got a working system again,. but I still don't know why it is failing at the contact import stage- all my contact are standard Outlook 2007 format.

Sorry if this is negative, but after paying £100 for a European mapping system, I feel things have not been up to the expected standard. Hopefully iGO will be able to narrow down the problems, and hopefully they will release a 7 digit UK postcode system (a lot of my journeys are to small villages, and full postcode search is essential. With the current system I can't even locate my own house because it is out of a village, and the road name isn't recognised :D )

Off on holiday tomorrow early, so I'll have to wait a week for any developments :rolleyes:

Guest proindigo
I'm afraid my experiences thuis far have been a shambles :P

I've had good advice from DSL, and from iGO, but to no avail until I tried something myself.

First big disappointment is that iGO Western Europe does not have full 7 digit postcodes fopr UK, though apparently the UK only version does.

Then, every time I tried to run iGO, it failed, after 2 info dialogues. The first was due to iGO including non-activated maps on the SD card, which need manually removing. The 2nd referred to the import of Contacts, and that the system would slow while imprting. In fact, the system crashed from 10-30 seconds after starting, no matter what.

iGO suggested WM6 was the problem, so I reflashed back to the official HTC Version for my P3600, and all was smooth- program started with no errors, and no import info box (because I'd not sync'ed at that point)

Later I decided to go home, and test the system. Started, and as before, crashed after 10-20 seconds every time. SO I decided to try iGO's advice to prevent contacts loading (not easy as a file they said was in the iGO folder didn't exist, so I needed to create it first); after doing that, I've got a working system again,. but I still don't know why it is failing at the contact import stage- all my contact are standard Outlook 2007 format.

Sorry if this is negative, but after paying £100 for a European mapping system, I feel things have not been up to the expected standard. Hopefully iGO will be able to narrow down the problems, and hopefully they will release a 7 digit UK postcode system (a lot of my journeys are to small villages, and full postcode search is essential. With the current system I can't even locate my own house because it is out of a village, and the road name isn't recognised :D )

Off on holiday tomorrow early, so I'll have to wait a week for any developments :rolleyes:

Good news guys, my mate has tried it out and it seems to work great with the newe windows mobile 6 roms. so I am happy to confirm that it is workingin wm6. I would really love to give it a go on my hermes, however its seems like a real catch 22 situation, if they won't release micro sd, then there is very little chance of success in the market.

It seems to me that they are spending so much time copy protecting the software and implementing their drm, that us users who really want to purchase it are being left in the cold. Its the classic case of making it hard for the customer when the pirate copies are spreading like wildfire.... I really can't see the business case for either letting users install it on their own sd card or worse case scenario allowing users to fill in a form to exchange the minisd version for a microsd.

Guest proindigo
Good news guys, my mate has tried it out and it seems to work great with the newe windows mobile 6 roms. so I am happy to confirm that it is workingin wm6. I would really love to give it a go on my hermes, however its seems like a real catch 22 situation, if they won't release micro sd, then there is very little chance of success in the market.

It seems to me that they are spending so much time copy protecting the software and implementing their drm, that us users who really want to purchase it are being left in the cold. Its the classic case of making it hard for the customer when the pirate copies are spreading like wildfire.... I really can't see the business case for either letting users install it on their own sd card or worse case scenario allowing users to fill in a form to exchange the minisd version for a microsd.

My mate and I raced navigation systems today on our way back from town... i took his igo and he took my tomtom....

I was really chuffed at how good the software looks and how quick it is, however REALLY disappointed with the routing algorithm. It kept trying to take me onto be roads when the good old north circular would take me virtually between town and his place...

The tom tom went the correct route, however I think it is just because it has been out on the market longer and has had more user feedback... Hopefully they will have it sorted in the next version... Just in time for microsd

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

iGo has much more flexible routing options than anything else I have seen so it can be fine tuned to a much higher degree.

But for starters try this, open Settings, Route Parameters then set the route method to easy and set the method to fast then try the route again.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Good news everyone :rolleyes:

PocketGPSWorld now supply the safety camera database in IGo format so no more conversions needed, just download and unzip to your device.

• 2 months later...
Guest jim.mason

How much space is left on the memory card and can you copy stuff to it - I ask because I tend to install programs and ringtones there.

Cheers

Jim

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Jens the Swede

Hi guys

Can anyone confirm the fact that you can not use iGO on another SD-card than the original? If this is the case I can not understand why anyone buys this software!

Or am I the only one that wants to use the program from a descent sized card?

I would be very happy if someone could give me some proper answers on this topic.

/Jens

Guest Jens the Swede
That is indeeed the case.

P

I can’t understand how they can sell a single copy of that if you can’t use it from your normal card! Do users constantly keep switching cards or do they settle for the small card?

I am stunned. ;)

/Jens

Guest Jens the Swede

It’s not only chocking but also sad because I was looking forward to the Eten Glofiish X800 “Deluxe”-edition witch comes with iGO, but now I’ll buy the normal retail version instead.

Dose anyone have any recommendations for similar products (that can be used as normal)? Anyone tried the Nokia-thing?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.