Enable HSDPA?

Guest shandy1948

Guest UndeadDevil
Wow! I'm glad I didn't know this before...

No problem getting HSDPA in mid sussex and woking.

My main icon reads 3G instead of H until I connect (T-Mobile Ameo on WM6) and, apart from the odd blackspot usually when I'm on the train, the whole of the SE of England seams to be HSDPA enabled, not sure of the rest of the country but certainly in the SE it's not restricted to cities!

Or maybe it is and I just haven't realised.... :)

I think jimbouk was talking about Orange and not T-Mobile. I haven't seen anyone with a n95 on Orange get HSDPA anywhere around here.

Guest DeanoSMB
When I got my MDA Vario II it had the same Radio Version. I never got any Indication it was using HSDPA nor any speeds to reflect HSDPA (Maxinum I got was 20kb/s!!!) Once I flashed it to 1.43 and updated to Windows Mobile 6 I was suddenly getting 1.3mbps!

I suggest you do the same, Windows Mobile 6 is a huge improvment from Windows Mobile 5 and the Radio Update solved so many issues. It improved my signal alot making calls crisp and clear.

Your protocol version does indicate it supports HDSPA just like mine did, but because its so old I think it does not realiably support it.

jchamier: I'm pretty sure that test is a Image Based Test which will never be accurate because of T-Mobiles Transparent Image Proxy, Install Flash 7 and use Speedtest.net or use your PC/Laptop to the test the true speed from speeedtest.net!

Thanks for the tip - I'm supposed to have HSDPA but half the time my Vario 2 fails to even connect. Bloody annoying seeing as I upgraded in May purely for 3G, knowing the Kaiser was round the corner but choosing not to wait.

One question - where do I get 1.43 and Windows Mobile 6 for the Vario 2 from?

Guest markdotpeters5

Hmmm. I've got Wm6, using radio 1.50 and I have the 'H' protocol. I've run the patch above, but still don't get my 'H' icon, and the speed test gives 62kbit/sec

I definitely used to have the H icon in this area on my old rom (Black Majick). Anything else I can try?