BoyGenius unboxes the HTC Kaiser

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest leshemnoam
HTC Touch was the big thing.... I want the Kaiser instead :rolleyes:

strange that none of the unboxed HTC Kaisers out there have HTC Touch... do you think it will be only on part of the "coming soon" phones or are the Kaisers out there still with beta roms?

on a side note: on t-mobile t-zone there is a reference to vario III but nothing about t-mobile touch...

Edited by leshemnoam

Guest mikeeey
strange that none of the unboxed HTC Kaisers out there have HTC Touch... do you think it will be only on part of the "coming soon" phones or are the Kaisers out there still with beta roms?

on a side note: on t-mobile t-zone there is a reference to vario III but nothing about t-mobile touch...

what do u mean that "unboxed HTC Kaisers out there have HTC Touch"?

Guest leshemnoam

i mean "none of the unboxed HTC Kaisers "

looking deeper into TouchFLO and the kaiser i think that since the Kaiser has a beveled screen it will probably not have Toch..or am i way off on that?

Edited by leshemnoam

Guest Webreaper

I think he's actually meaning "none of the Kaisers have TouchFlo" - i.e., referring to HTC's new GUI, rather than HTC Touch (which is the new device).

Paul, while you were there did you speak to anyone from HTC about the Kaiser, to see if there's any hints on carrier availability? I mean, the Touch is a cute device, and TouchFlo looks very pretty, but it's not particularly interesting from an device point-of-view.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Since it was the touch launch, nobody really wanted to talk Kaiser, which kinda makes sense.

I do hear T-Mo and Voda are definitely going to take it, O are likely to take it in it's HTC form, O2 - unknown.

P

Guest Webreaper
I do hear T-Mo and Voda are definitely going to take it, O are likely to take it in it's HTC form, O2 - unknown.

Sounds fair. Given I'm moving to the south-east, T-Mobile might be a reasonable prospect (coverage-wise). Have you heard about dates? Is August (as mentioned on pdadb.net) still looking likely?

Guest mikeeey

"I do hear T-Mo and Voda are definitely going to take it, O are likely to take it in it's HTC form, O2 - unknown."

haha it gets really confusing when we start to talk about to phones. were u refering to the kaiser or the touch here?

Guest funkychicken9000

Did no-one think to check the EXIF data embedded in that pic xxnoelziexx posted?

I think you've been suckered.

Edited by funkychicken9000

Guest mikeeey
The EXIF tells us it was taken with a Samsung S5k3C1FX, which is a 3 megapixel phones camera offering - http://www.samsung.com/products/semiconduc...FX/S5K3C1FX.htm.

Doesn't mean it's taken with a Samsung device...?

P

thats why i was wondering about the resolution, i thought it should have been a bit smaller. 2.8mp. the size he had was a 3.1mp pic.

what's EXIF mean?

Guest n20nine

i believe that it is a samsung cmos sensor in the kaiser, maybe we weren't suckered after all. it also says max. frame rate is 15 fps at QXGA, from the site Paul linked to. So, no 30 fps video recording I guess..correct me if I am wrong.

Guest mikeeey
i believe that it is a samsung cmos sensor in the kaiser, maybe we weren't suckered after all. it also says max. frame rate is 15 fps at QXGA, from the site Paul linked to. So, no 30 fps video recording I guess..correct me if I am wrong.

haha one can only hope. QXGA? thats like 2048×1536. the qualcomm chip is supposed to allow it to take 30fps VGA videos.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Exactly.

The Touch has a Samsung camera chipset (lower res obviously), so I think we now know what camera is in the Kaiser :rolleyes:

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

I think the poster thought that because the EXIF data pointed to a Samsung camera chip (as found in the Kaiser), it was taken on a Samsung phone or something?

P

I think the poster thought that because the EXIF data pointed to a Samsung camera chip (as found in the Kaiser), it was taken on a Samsung phone or something?

P

ah okay I will sort out a pm for you paul.

Guest mikeeey
ah okay I will sort out a pm for you paul.

hey xxnoelziexx ur back. have u tried any games or emulators on the kaiser yet?

Guest mikeeey

wow thankyou :rolleyes:

i didnt know there were videos of it now. im sending bengal boy a PM on bengalboy.com asking him stuff about it

Guest nuttyphilt

i didnt know there were videos of it now. im sending bengal boy a PM on bengalboy.com asking him stuff about it

Please post any replies you get back here, thanks!

Guest GordonTGopher

interested to hear what he has to say, I wasn't too sure about some of the content on his site, so didn't post a link to his forum, but there are a few mentions there. There are also a few more Google videos taken with the Kaiser.

Gordon

interested to hear what he has to say, I wasn't too sure about some of the content on his site, so didn't post a link to his forum, but there are a few mentions there. There are also a few more Google videos taken with the Kaiser.

Gordon

Yes, I just discovered, "the wireless gentleman's club" apparently..

Edited by Ovie

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.