GBA emulator for wince - GBACE 0.1

Guest masterall

Guest ndiguy5
First test version, using dynamic translation, good speed for some games.

Landscape and other display modes are not supported yet.

tgetfile.dll is needed.

More optimizations are about to add, especially for memory handling.

Games reported unable to run:

Double Dragon Advance

Robotech

Star Wars Episode 3

XCOM, Anyone who has gotten this working could you please tryout Rebelstar and tell me if it works.

I am sadly the owner of an unsupported dash. Thanks

Guest KoNeko

Hey, I'm kinda new here and I installed tgetfile.dll onto my Samsung Blackjack but whenever I try to load a GBC rom using this, it just crashes and brings me back to My Documents, and when I tried to load a GBA rom the screen just stays black and the rom doesn't seem to load, can somebody help me out here? Thanks :]

Edited by KoNeko

Guest Dinth
XCOM, Anyone who has gotten this working could you please tryout Rebelstar and tell me if it works.

I am sadly the owner of an unsupported dash. Thanks

GTA also dont work. When I input my initials and read startup dialog, game kicks me out to the main game menu.

Guest ndiguy5
First test version, using dynamic translation, good speed for some games.

Landscape and other display modes are not supported yet.

tgetfile.dll is needed.

More optimizations are about to add, especially for memory handling.

Games reported unable to run:

Double Dragon Advance

Robotech

Star Wars Episode 3

Any word on landscape devices? Namely the Dash and Backjack. Thanks for all your work.

Guest ndiguy5
lol... dash and my blackjack is unsupported

I read the intro topic but I was wondering if masterall will make a copy that supports landscape devices? Or if people with portrait types of displays are the only ones who will be able to utilze this amazing piece of software.

Please Masterall make this emulator so it supports Landscape displays. Please.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bopchie
Pretty Please with sugar on top

Ditto :) landscape/smortphone landscape would be great. i use the nes emu from here...its fun to play classics :P

i can set it to landscape, but its not actually rotating it like pocket nester does

Edited by bopchie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest F David

I would also be eternally grateful for a smartphone version. I would even offer you my 2nd born child(The first one is under contract to someone else)

I can play Final Fantasy I with my nes emu, but i would strongly perfer to play the GBA version. :)

Guest nothin

i would also be grateful for X360 emu for timex watch(1994).

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Great job, Masterall, as usual.

Edited by nothin

Guest mikeeey

Great job, Masterall, as usual.

hahaha timex watch.. :)

Guest dijital

Nothin, why do allways come out with this crap? you make it sound like landscape support is some sort of impossible mission, its not. Masterall has done it with finalburn and picodrive. Stop being so bloody condescending and patronising, its not as if people are asking for n64 emulation ont heir 200mhz device.

Guest nothin
Nothin, why do allways come out with this crap? you make it sound like landscape support is some sort of impossible mission, its not. Masterall has done it with finalburn and picodrive. Stop being so bloody condescending and patronising, its not as if people are asking for n64 emulation ont heir 200mhz device.

sorry, true..

but i do not remember my statement, that landscape devices cant use emus, just people couldnt imagine to rotate screen before try...

is it my problem?

Edited by nothin

Guest dijital

Its seems to be different with smartphones that are nativley landscape, they might be using a different gx.dll to pocketpc's and portrait smartphones, just using the rotate screen option in the menu's does'nt work and even the rotatei320.exe does'nt have any effect.

Edited by dijital

Guest nothin
Its seems to be different with smartphones that are nativley landscape, they might be using a different gx.dll to pocketpc's and portrait smartphones, just using the rotate screen option in the menu's does'nt work and even the rotatei320.exe does'nt have any effect.

ahh, i wonder what gx.dll file change may do then..hm..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ndiguy5
I read the intro topic but I was wondering if masterall will make a copy that supports landscape devices? Or if people with portrait types of displays are the only ones who will be able to utilze this amazing piece of software.

Please Masterall make this emulator so it supports Landscape displays. Please.

Just wanna refresh this topic

Guest ndiguy5
there are refrigerators, that have displays...too.

i am serious now:

BUY landscape thingy to masterall, then whine.

imagine how hard is to make sth for machine you can't even see.

How about shut the hell up. If you are not going to add something creative or solve the problem. Stay out of the topic.

Guest marker11

alllright...

Before this becomes an itching fight on a subject I am very interested it and a thread I check almost daily for updates (sad)

I can only assume its difficult yes, as is configuring a new Active Directory forest to encompass the global merger I’m working on today.

You may think “there are many global companies out there, it can’t be hard” and you would be wrong.

As a noob PDA program writer, I (or someone else here) may think

“they had the PS1 emulator for PDA for years in both landscape and portrat along with may other emulators that support both formats. They made a N64 emulator for PDA and they only run at 32-bit, it should be easy to make a GBA emulator for smartphone since the device is more powerful their predecessors, but the GBA is not.”

Just a guess here, but we would be DEAD WRONG right?

Any help to make a fully functional GBA emulator for Smartphone is greatly appreciated, you guy rock!

Guest mikeeey
alllright...

Before this becomes an itching fight on a subject I am very interested it and a thread I check almost daily for updates (sad)

I can only assume its difficult yes, as is configuring a new Active Directory forest to encompass the global merger I’m working on today.

You may think “there are many global companies out there, it can’t be hard” and you would be wrong.

As a noob PDA program writer, I (or someone else here) may think

“they had the PS1 emulator for PDA for years in both landscape and portrat along with may other emulators that support both formats. They made a N64 emulator for PDA and they only run at 32-bit, it should be easy to make a GBA emulator for smartphone since the device is more powerful their predecessors, but the GBA is not.”

Just a guess here, but we would be DEAD WRONG right?

Any help to make a fully functional GBA emulator for Smartphone is greatly appreciated, you guy rock!

whats the name of this N64 emulator for PDA that you speak of?

• 3 weeks later...