GBA emulator for wince - GBACE 0.1

Guest masterall

Guest NeoChux
First test version, using dynamic translation, good speed for some games.

Landscape and other display modes are not supported yet.

tgetfile.dll is needed.

More optimizations are about to add, especially for memory handling.

Games reported unable to run:

Double Dragon Advance

Robotech

Star Wars Episode 3

can this run in a HTC 620??? anyone tested?? its for smartphone isnt==??

Guest NeoChux
Why dont you try and tell us, according to your profile you use one... ;-)

tested with Avatar the burning earth a 4mb rom (uncompressed) and the screen close itself..

do i need anything else to run any rom???

thanks in advance!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest raul_lp4

Hi, this emulator doesn't work in Motorola Q, only work in half-screen, but I'm looking someone that work in Full Screen, Can you help me?

Sorry For the bad english,

Thnks

Guest Luisito

May you send me the files you are using, the rar with the needed things PLEASE, i've used various archives but none worked well.

I'd be glad at least with half screen jejeje

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest coolkid47

i downloaded the emulator but when i load a ROM nothing happings, can anyone give me some links to find ROMS that will work? or does it have to be a certain type of file??

Guest dijital
i downloaded the emulator but when i load a ROM nothing happings, can anyone give me some links to find ROMS that will work? or does it have to be a certain type of file??

You can get all the roms you will ever need here :- http://tinyurl.com/yrld2r

Edited by dijital

Guest wowassault

hey i have downloaded this prgram and it worked on my mpx220 but when i start an file my mobile just shuts down. and when i restart it it just works fine and the batery isnt empty either. the emu still doenst work... gbc emu do work.

plz need help

• 2 weeks later...
Guest goander

just wondering if there was any update to the landscape view yet...loved the emu on my 2125...just upgraded to the 8525 and it runs GREAT...only hard to play since it wont go landscape.....GREAT WORK THO

Guest vagar0

does this work with the blackjack?

when i select a rom the screen is black for a couple of seconds and then goes back to my storage card menu. i jave tgetfile.dll or w/e its called.

Guest 1000101

I have a blackjack, but it dont work for me either. Dunno what to say. Tried many roms and all just close out. Some people are saying that it works in half screen (Moto Q), but I dont know how its so for them but not for us awesome badass blackjack users. Moto Q users, how do u get it half screen? Do you guys add something else to the file or is it just the GBACE 0.1 file? Its coming up on a year since since the birth of this post and i dunno if masterall is doing this anymore

Edited by 1000101

• 1 month later...
Guest Young KING

OKy, like this.. I have HTC s710, and I do al the things that you said, maybe... It won't work :'( I don't know why, It opens, and when I load the ROM-s i doesn't work, the screan is black... can someone help me, please... can this even work on my s710 :D

Guest Joab Farias

Hello, Everyone.

In my device (an old iPaq h3950 with PPC 2003) the emulator runs, but I only get a column of one pixel of width. The roms I have loaded seems to be running ok, because that one pixel column shows exactly the colors of the games in question. I tried every configuration possible, but the problem persists. Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks in advice.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest trippenz

Ok been testing this emu for about 3 days now with Castlevainia (All 3). Funs pretty good for the most part. little laggy without sound on but its to be expected for a new emu. but i do see great protential for this emu. once it gets good enough and i finsh makeing a capability list for SmartGear. I will work on one for this as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cas61692
Hi, this emulator doesn't work in Motorola Q, only work in half-screen, but I'm looking someone that work in Full Screen, Can you help me?

Sorry For the bad english,

Thnks

Only some games work. I have to have them compressed (.zip) in the root directory of my Q. I can only load a game once then i have to delete the 2 .cfg files from my gbace folder.

The screen is at a 90' angle on the right side of my screen, but the screen options dont change that.

Guest Hitman0769
now Chankast isnt the same emulator that was ported on that german website was it?

well i think anything can happen, i mean, theres a PS1 emulator for ppc and if you have a fast enough device you can run it at a good speed, i would assume dreamcast wouldnt be too different? it just takes a good porter and lots of time. also it depends which pc emulator your porting from, some are faster than others. since this one is "PocketCast" it may be different than Chankast

EDIT: damn!!! just read below it was an april fools joke. wow. ahhh.

dreamcast too different? dude its got about 10 years on the ps1 i think its too different. not even comparable really considering dreamcast has the grafix of a ps2 and ps1 has the grafix of a sega saturn... your gonna have to wait until the next business cycle or possibly next few business cycles go by to get a smartphone/pocketpc strong enough to emulate dreamcast.

Guest Hitman0769

to the Original Poster the esteemed Mr Masterall, is this intended to work on my blackjack2 w/windowsmobile6 ?

it wont work as-is and i believe its because my windows is not compatible with the winCE version u made GBAce for so i was just wondering if theres any plans for a WM5/6 release..

i could be wrong but anyways the thing wont even run

PS-> most stuff that works on WM5 works on WM6 at least in my case.

Edited by Hitman0769