T-Mobile Launch Mobile TV Service in the UK

Guest jamesvdv

Guest jamesvdv

T-Mobile have just launched their Mobile TV service in the UK, just in time for all the Big Brother Fans :P

To get the service you must have a compatible 3G phone and be in a 3G area (obviously).

The channels available are:

• Big Brother - 24/7 live from the Big Brother house
  • Channel 4 favourites - with 3-5 minutes made-for-mobile clips of Skins, Desperate Housewives, Hollyoaks & more
  • ITN news, sport and financial updates every 15 minutes
  • Live Eurosport
  • MTV back-to-back full music videos
  • MTV made for mobile programmes like Pimp My Ride
  • Pocket Comedy - featuring everybody from Mighty Boosh to Lee Evans
  • Paramount Comedy - stand-up, bloopers, specials etc
  • Nickelodeon - animated content and live action programming

There are two cost options:

1. A 24-hour pass for £1

2. A 31-day pass for £3.50

T-Mobile are inviting you to use as many 24-hour MobileTV passes as you like for FREE between now and 30 June 2007.

For more information head on over to Internet and Mobile TV - T-Mobile.

Personally, I still prefer my slingbox/PVR setup but if you want mobile TV with a bit of light entertainment or news without paying for a Web'n'Walk Plus connection then this may be for you. :rolleyes:

[Edit by Paul: Thanks JamesVDV for the submission!]

Guest RazorD

Absolutely bloody awesome :rolleyes:

Big brother live, whereever i go! Its a student dream! :P

Edit: And for a bit more technical review: I've got an N95 and the service is perfect here (Uxbridge, London) its just like watching the live web stream from channel4.com on my phone (which i did try, but its a windows media stream, not realplayer compatable).

I am so glad i left Orange for t-mobile. And as far as i can tell, this data usage isn't counted in my web n' walk cap, right?

Edited by RazorD

Guest Rob.P

Blimey !!!!

Just watched the ITN news headlines, quality is a lot better than I expected, video is a tad jerky but continuous with no data drop outs.

Moderately impressed, well done T-Mobile :rolleyes:

Guest Happy Dave
Who's gonna be first to try it and report back then? :rolleyes:

No 3G service where I live :P

P

i've been trying to since last night, i can sign up and get the free pass but it always says station not found. I'll tery again tonight

Guest Rob.P

Big Brother stream is squashed to 4:3, anyone know how to get it landscape without pulling the keyboard out?

Not that I'm interested in Big Brother, but the boss has just gone to lunch and Ren & Stimpy are on Nicklodeon :rolleyes:

Guest Rob.P

This is what I have saved on my favourites http://10.111.189.31/servlet/download?page...lates/onNow.jsp

That's the EPG homepage.

Sorry just realised that the link is truncated on the forum, can also get to it via www.t-mobile-favourites.co.uk and then clicking on the TV tab at the top.

(Good episode of Ren & Stimpy :rolleyes:)

Edited by Rob.P

Guest Lordsmiff

I'm on a Vario II and I don't get the TV tab on the homepage - any ideas?

Fortunately, the link above works a treat so watching Ren N Stimpy now ;-)

Cheers,

Smiffy.

Guest jamesvdv
I'm on a Vario II and I don't get the TV tab on the homepage - any ideas?

Fortunately, the link above works a treat so watching Ren N Stimpy now ;-)

Cheers,

Smiffy.

Lordsmiff, have you tried clearing your IE cache and reloading the homepage?

Guest psionandy
Lordsmiff, have you tried clearing your IE cache and reloading the homepage?

Its not there on my vario II either... just home and games...

anyone got the full url?

Guest jamesvdv
Absolutely bloody awesome :rolleyes:

Big brother live, whereever i go! Its a student dream! :P

Edit: And for a bit more technical review: I've got an N95 and the service is perfect here (Uxbridge, London) its just like watching the live web stream from channel4.com on my phone (which i did try, but its a windows media stream, not realplayer compatable).

I am so glad i left Orange for t-mobile. And as far as i can tell, this data usage isn't counted in my web n' walk cap, right?

According to the Ts & Cs only some browsing associated with navigating the service should come off your W'n'W 'allowance' but the main program stream will not.

The £3.50 monthly charge seems quite reasonable.

I think that the quality of the stream is comparable with that of the Virgin Mobile Lobster TV but it is certainly more reliable if you are in a good 3G area. I did detect some very small drop outs at times and very occasionally I had to re-connect a dropped stream. I think that the battery life will not be as good as the Lobster TV, however, because the 3G radio is on all the time. My Vario II can empty a full charge in about an hour when streaming 3G slingbox video and I don't see that streaming this mobile TV will be any different.

I also found that I could not connect to the service via a WiFi connection. In hindsight, I suppose that this is quite obvious because otherwise non T-Mobile customers would be able to access the service and also the charging of the day/month passes is carried out automatically through the 3G data connection.

Guest psionandy
Its not there on my vario II either... just home and games...

anyone got the full url?

Having borrowed the url from the properties of the truncated link I can get to the EPG, then buy a day pass for £0.. and open a link.. Streaming media starts and it says...

'Failed to find network'

any ideas?

Guest PayableOnDeath
Having borrowed the url from the properties of the truncated link I can get to the EPG, then buy a day pass for £0.. and open a link.. Streaming media starts and it says...

'Failed to find network'

any ideas?

i am getting the same, Vario II in good 3G signal, shame i really wanted to give this a try :rolleyes:

Guest Markda2000

I am using a MDA PRO and I like the Vario II users do not get the tab on the Tmobile page.

When I use the correct address everything comes up fine though.

However, when I try to "watch" I get the message "Live stream is not Supported"

Anyone else any joy on a Pro?

Guest PayableOnDeath
i am getting the same, Vario II in good 3G signal, shame i really wanted to give this a try :rolleyes:

just got home and its working, maybe it was a tempary problem

Guest markdotpeters5

WICKED!! :rolleyes:

Got a free 24 hour pass, and Big Brother stream is perfectly watchable, which is fantastic as i'm working loads of boring hours at work this weekend.

THree cheers for TMobile!

Guest Happy Dave

still the same here, on a vario 2

I've cleaned out my cache and temp files as well

Guest PayableOnDeath
still the same here, on a vario 2

I've cleaned out my cache and temp files as well

have you tried again as its working fine for me at the mo

Guest UndeadDevil

'Failed to find network'

any ideas?

I to had to use the URL posted on my MDA Vario II. And I get the exact same as above ^^^

"Failed to find network" :rolleyes:

Can you keep getting a day pass everyday for free till 30th June? I'm going to be annonyed that I can't use my day pass.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.