HTC reveals the P3450 'Touch' - and it's coming to Orange and T-Mobile!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jim.mason

Expansys do a contract with Vodaphone Anytme 200 + 250 txt for £30/month and the phone costs £52.95. If I take this up, can I then take on the unlimited data plan that Vodaphone are looking to bring out or is this only available on new tariifs when its released???

Guest Paul (MVP)

I think elReg are unnecessarily harsh. It's not perfect, but overall it's pretty good at what it's trying to do. Biggest disappointment: amount of free memory after hard reset.

P

Guest jim.mason
I think elReg are unnecessarily harsh. It's not perfect, but overall it's pretty good at what it's trying to do. Biggest disappointment: amount of free memory after hard reset.

P

God help it when Orange get their hands on it and fill it with orange related junk!!

Ah great to hear! I will be ordering this from the UK this week:) Pricing has gone down £10 too so thats great. I simply can't wait for it to be released in Spain.

I need to Touch it. NOW! :rolleyes:

Guest pd.ryder
Does it really get so much fingerprints that it becomes annoying? :S

I read the Register's review with a 'raised eyebrow' too :- fingerprints - wash your hands a couple of times each day and its amazing how less grubby gadgets get :rolleyes:

I can (sort of) appreciate their comments especially after the Nano, but come on lads, if your hands are remotely clean and you haven't just been picking yer nose (!) I'm sure it won't be that much of a problem :P

Hmmm, that review has put me off slightly! I wonder if it's worth sticking with my Trinity and waiting for the next release with TouchFlo which should hopefully be an improvement?

Guest trevormuk

I'm more interested in how it actually performs. If it gets fingerprnts on it when I am using it I'm not going to dismiss it as a poor phone (spare a thought for the poor chaps in Taiwan who have spent months and months developing the product as well as trying to make it as sexy as possible!)

This release from HTC is getting a little closer to my ideal phone, and I am very tempted.

Orange upgrade due in a month - hopefully they will have released some more info by then. At the moment I'm just trying to work out where they will stick the orange logo! Hopefully not inside the screen (as per the D900)... and will the case be suitable for "sugar cubing"!

Look forward to an authoratative, well considered review by Paul - that my friends should be your benchmark!

I've heard rumors that the Touch supports MicroSD SDHC (4GB). Can anyone confirm that?

Just ordered the Touch today and should arrive by monday. Can't wait!!

I've heard rumors that the Touch supports MicroSD SDHC (4GB). Can anyone confirm that?

Just ordered the Touch today and should arrive by monday. Can't wait!!

Well, HTC's website it says 2.0 compatible which is SDHC, but I've not read about anyone trying out cards beyond 2GB although I'd imagine they would work. Is 4GB MicroSDHC out then?

Edited by Ovie

Great. If it says so on the website then it probably supports it :rolleyes:

Looks like the cards not available yet but norwegian shops are getting them mid-july (unconfirmed).

Guest nevawlkalone
It's the usual PPC keyboard :P

P

gutted, that is the only thing putting me off ever buying a PPC without a keyboard....is it too hard to put in a number pad style keyboard????? :D :D :rolleyes:

Guest Paul (MVP)

Yeah, if ever there was a device that needed PhonePad or whatever, this is it :rolleyes:

I've yet to try Tengo on mine, but could be a good option.

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.