htc TOUCH theme for VOX

Guest Looby

Guest Pr0sper
@Looby:

This is a really great HS, especially since I'm using the S710 to cover the time until the Touch is being released here... :rolleyes:

One thing I really like about the Touch's HS is that it displays the time in a LCD style format. Would it be possible to create a variant of your HS (which would then probably require LCDPlugin) that does the same?

Many thanks in advance!

Something like this... ? Rope, the creator, is working on a Portrait version - and also on a version for the Vox :P

Guest Joost39
HTC Touch LCD. This is the full version, you will need the LCD 1.54 plugin (included) for this to operate. :rolleyes:

Fantastic m8 - thx!

Guest BigBlue007

But then again it wouldn't really be a HTC Touch alike HS... :rolleyes:

@Looby: Magnificent - thanks alot. In the meantime I had found your upload on nectun.com but couldn't get it to work. I just had a almost empty, black and messed up screen. This version here works fine. Great work!

Guest Looby
But then again it wouldn't really be a HTC Touch alike HS... :P

@Looby: Magnificent - thanks alot. In the meantime I had found your upload on nectun.com but couldn't get it to work. I just had a almost empty, black and messed up screen. This version here works fine. Great work!

Thanks BigBlue, the original concept was to try and keep the theme faithful to the original as it is a clean and classy design. As regards to the LCD from Nectun it is OK (they will quickly tell you in the comments if otherwise) it's just that the LCD plugin is designed for Mobile 5.0 and running it on 6.0 can be a bit buggy ( as read in Nectun forum) ie if it doesn't load properly the first time switch to another scheme and then back again. That is the reason I didn't upload it here originally, however personally I think the LCD version looks so good it's well worth it. Many thanks..Looby :rolleyes:

NB. I have included the alarm icon ( from the device alarm ) on the homescreen should you choose to use that instead of the LCD.

Edited by Looby

Guest Bunecarera

What would also be really cool is to have the FIZZ weather plugin appear when you select the little sun next to the profile.

But not when you have to press down from the clock to the message, to the profile, to the sun to select it. More like: press down from the clock to select the messages, then down to the profile, then left to the sun. This way it doesn't always appears.. If you get what I mean.. :rolleyes:

And perhaps FIZZ monitor for the little house? Or a Task plugin of somekind.

Any chance that this is possible? Or is it impossible?

Guest rperalta

Hi Lobby,

I have a S710, which one do I download?

1st page beginning of post - I noticed it only shows the next appointment instead of "all day appointments"

or

Final version that you mentioned with Paul's debrander on 1st page - I wasn't sure about this one because I don't use the Paul's debrander since my S710 is SIM version.

Great homescreen!!!! I hope you can improve it with more features.

Thanks,

Robert

Edited by rperalta

Guest johim

Hi Everyone,

Great theme Looby :rolleyes: Thanks.

Does anyone know where can i get all of the menu icons of the HTC Touch ?

Thanks.

Edited by johim

Guest Looby

Hi all, after spending more time I am uploading the two definitive versions of the HTC Touch. The homescreen is improved with a nicer hue of grey and better resolution. I have managed to make a little more room for the plugins so it now runs more smoothly. This has enabled the full view of the lower parts of the letters (ie. p,g, y) in the second row of appointments. I have also moved the Windows logo to a central position for a more balanced look. I hope you like it, I would love to add more features but there is no room with keeping to the original design brief. Thanks. :rolleyes:

post-116892-1182452782_thumb.gif

Smartouch.zip

Edited by Looby

• 3 weeks later...
Guest echolock

Nice theme :)

One question though - my start menu still has a dark blue selector over a light blue background which looks a bit silly with all the grey elsewhere. Any chance of this homescreen changing that?

Also may be worth editing the first post with the latest version :P

Good job!

Guest Looby

Hi, the start menu background should be grey. Have you an Orange E650? If so you want to install Paul's debrander and fix CAB and that will remove the blue background in the start menu. The latest versions are available on www.nectun.com

Thanks...looby :)

Guest Looby

OK, I,ll put the latest grey version here. It has an enhanced LCD clock display more akin to the real Touch. It also has the background digits showing faintly which seems to be the latest trend..... :)

* The alignment of Profile in widescreen has been fixed.

NB: There is a blue and a green version on Nectun.

htc_touch_LCD_3.zip

post-116892-1185465563_thumb.jpg

Edited by Looby

Guest echolock

Hmm looks like I had an old version of Paul's debrander (0.3 rather than 0.5). Got it from here:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=255845

I've retried your homescreen after running the debrander and the background is now white on the start menu. However the program selection is still a garish shade of blue :P Any ideas? I'm hoping Paul's debrander worked ;)

Also tried your LCD one and it's not working for me, a shame as I quite like the look of it. Do I need an LCD plugin or is that included?

Good job anyway :)

Edited by echolock

Guest Looby
Hmm looks like I had an old version of Paul's debrander (0.3 rather than 0.5). Got it from here:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=255845

I've retried your homescreen after running the debrander and the background is now white on the start menu. However the program selection is still a garish shade of blue :D Any ideas? I'm hoping Paul's debrander worked :D

Also tried your LCD one and it's not working for me, a shame as I quite like the look of it. Do I need an LCD plugin or is that included?

Good job anyway :)

Hi echolock, I think you are right the so I have changed the program selection to a shade of grey in the above file. You will fi nd a LCD plugin CAB file in one of the above zips, just copy it to my documents(or anywhere) on your device, find it in File Explorer and run it, you will then be able to have the LCD version. ;) :P

Guest echolock
Hi echolock, I think you are right the so I have changed the program selection to a shade of grey in the above file. You will fi nd a LCD plugin CAB file in one of the above zips, just copy it to my documents(or anywhere) on your device, find it in File Explorer and run it, you will then be able to have the LCD version. :D :)

Brilliant - that worked a treat :P

Thanks again Looby ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest Bunecarera

In attachment is the theme I'm using.

Is anyone able to put the smartmonitor plugin and/or the Fizz weather plugin in the xml file so I'll have it on the bottom of my screen? Or tell me how...

I'm a complete noob in xml...

You can use the background with the road or the regular grey one..

No need for an mru.

Thx!!

smarttouch.rar