SPV E650 de-Brand + Fix Pack 0.5

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest looneyjupiter
I have installed pre cab file ok but when I try installing fix cab phone freezes at 27kb whilst installing? clears after a while but no restart message :unsure

I received my phone yesterday and have the same problem, have you managed to get your phone de branded since you posted this message and if so, how? If anyone else can help it would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Guest Kasim7

I spoke to Orange about these issues before I had read these topics. The problems I had on my loved SPV E650 are as follows:

-unable to access contacts and Calendar on occasions. Just hangs

-When doing SMS messages or text entry it defaults to number entry (unless u use the k/board)

-Just hangs occasionally

-Keyboard use caused it to slow

-Windows update feature dont work

Orange told me, it may have been me uploading music to my phone hence leaving it a little sluggish. I tried the reset they advised me to do and still I had the same symptons. They said there were no known issues ! Eventually an accident led me to getting a replacment E650 for which I was kind of grateful as I thought I may get a bug free one. Did I heck... same symptons and issues. :)

So after I read this its ''HALLELUJAH & PRAISE TO THE PAUL''

What Orange have so far failed to rectify or even recognise you have addressed, and most of the issues. WELL DONE, Paul Good Job !

Guest TheOnlyIanWood

Hi - is it recommend to do this without a hard reset? I don't want to lose my text messages or call history...Outlook things are synced so no problem there, but I don't want to lose other things.

Cheers

Ian

Guest kidinspace

Um.... i work for Orange, and no we don't know about the problem..... Shocking i know! But i hey not as if i can change anything! This fix works wonders on the device, just installing my TomTom now to see if it had fixed the problem i had before. Which was that the phone phone never ever went onto standby....

Edit: Nope, the phone still just hangs there. It runs the TomTom no bother but, it doesn't switch onto to standby, the screen light always stays on although dimmer, it's like installing TomTom has changed the power management settings.

Any ideas guys?

PS. its not a real TomTom, but the map is, if that makes any sense.

The program is a hooky one with a crack to get past the activation, but the map is a genuine version from TT5 for my M500.

Edited by kidinspace

Guest ramir0quai

Hello… hears modaco I have samsung i607 and installs your program Fix Pack, when installing it resumption and when to ignite key which enters the one that it had. But me the acceptance like 5 times and later I do not send me window to another that says the following thing

Several incorrect passwords have been introduced. A1B2C3 writes in the following square. in order to confirm that the attempt of beginning of session not accidentally must to an error when touching another key.

It gives the option me to write password A1B2C3 but at the moment that I write A1 the BUTTON where this letter B is part numerically of the 8 which in you see of B puts 8 and also the C puts 7.

It has the Fn key to change of numerical alphabetical but in this case it does not accept that key to me and I cannot leave there. Create to be able to help me

Guest nowimboard
FINALLY, I would ask that if you find this pack useful (or indeed not), you reply in this topic. Doing so will make it easier for me to show Orange that they really should try and furnish MoDaCo with the devices they promise.

thank you so much Paul, Installed it all on my replacement E650 last night. Went with out a hitch and it perfect. Only thing it seems I have to do know is sort out the AD2P settings as I thought the de-brand might fix the issue of Orange taking it off! Which, in your defense it HAS, just the sound is a little crakley, but neither the less, phone still paired with the sony headphones.

Thanks again!

Guest ceesar

Outstanding! Worked flawlessly - THANK YOU!!

Now I just need to figure out how to sim unlock it, so I can use it on other networks. Anyone got any ideas?

Guest spitfiresun

Hi Paul,

If I install the 'Fix pack 0.5' only (will probably 'de-brand' at a later date), do I need to install the 'Prep.cab' file beforehand?

Also I have previously installed 'NoData.exe' with limited success. Limited in that I can't view the app. screen but can still run the app. as long as GPRS is not connected.

Will the fix pack help with this?.....should I uninstall 'NoData' then re-install after installing the 'Fix Pack'?

Sorry for all the questions!! :)

Regards,

Ian

Guest Paul (MVP)

You need the prep first.

NoData is PPC only IIRC - not looked at it for a while, but I will check it out and also release source code when I get a chance :)

P

Guest Piloff

It works on a Dutch spv e650 also. :) Thanks!

Pity this does not remove the tedious orange splash screen at the beginning... does anybody have a fix for that?

Guest greenie

Quick question: Is there a way to switch between the green and blue comm manager colours? I have found myself grown a liking to the green theme but I'm stuck with the blue Comm Manager after installing the de-brander.

Guest spitfiresun
You need the prep first.

NoData is PPC only IIRC - not looked at it for a while, but I will check it out and also release source code when I get a chance ;)

P

Paul,

Installed the 'Fix pack' only, after a hard reset. This had the effect of causing an error when trying to access the internet as in not allowing a connection. Everything else functioned properly. As i coud not restore a connection I did another hard reset to return to Orange defaults.

Does this suggest I should use an all or nothing approach and just go for a full de-brand?....presumably then I would have to re-install all the connection settings anyway.

Regards,

Ian

Guest jamesalty

This is the first time I have ever tried this type of update to a smartphone.

Prep and Fix worked first time and exactly as described.

My E650 does seem faster now (though I haven't seen anyone explain why in this thread).

Thanks for a nice patch.

Perhaps Orange should provide you with their new kit before release so you can check it for them!

JA

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.