SPV E650 de-Brand + Fix Pack 0.5

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest cyberjunk

Thanks for the tweaks Paul, they worked a treat.....

The problem is I sent my E650 back after just under a week.

(I dare anyone to try a M600 for a year then try and go back to a non touch screen! no chance! ;-)

And replaced it with a lovely shiny M700, got TomTom satnav working, got a pair of stereo bluetooth headphones to get over the horrible sound from the usb/headphone socket...

Gorgeous! :wub:

But it's still butt ugly with Orange icons and branding.

Don't suppose you know how to get rid of em do you? ;)

Hi.. thanks for software.. phone looks much better now!

I just have one problem.. the screen never times out (back light always dimmed). Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix?

Thanks.

Guest Jasonps

Hi, i have changed to the E650 from a M3100, i was happy with the M3100 but the size of the e650 was too tempting to miss on. There are 2 main things that i miss from the M3100 and would like to change on the E650 but cannot find it anywhere to change the settings, hopefully someone can help.

1.) when in email and text the word predicter on the M310 used to immediately drop down 4 word options and using the main navi wheel you could simply scroll down to the desired word. On the 650 it is much more complex and non user friendly, does anyone know how if there is a way i can switch back to this format or download it or something?

2.) on the today screen (i have disabled the orange screen) the top icon bar show links to certain programs. the problem is it doesnt stay consistent, it adds new icons in when you open new applications and deletes out other that you may prefert to remain. It also changes the order that they are shown in. Does anyone know how to select which of the phones functions are displayed in this top section of thetoday screen.

many thanks Jason

Hey Paul,

Just got the e650 and ran the de-brands and worked a treat, what a great phone - did I read somewhere that you had a way of un-locking from Orange as well? I am just looking into it as it came locked. Any help would be much appreciated.

Paul

Guest BoundToBlunder

Hi Paul - Just posting to say a big thank-you for posting your debranding fix. I've only just bought my phone and I installed you fix straight away. What a vast improvement.

Once again - * CHEERS *

Guest graham coad

Thanks very much. I'm a bit of a newbie, but it worked fine for me (without the hard reset).

One minor niggle, though...On the 'desktop' there is now a shortcut (just a white paper sheet with the Windows logo) that the system cannot start or identify, and I don't know what it was or how to delete it.........

Graham. Thanks again people.

I bought a E650 today, and i am a little confused with the debrand fix... there an option in the menu to change the colouring back to windows. when i do this it look the same as the debranded (after looking at the posted pictures). the only difference is that the icons only are not debranded and the camera is still orange. do i still need to apply the debrand and more importantly, do i still need to apply to fix so it wont crash when i install stuff?

Paul

Just a quick 'thanks' for a superb fix - I wasn't particularly fussed one way or another with the Orange themes, but the speed improvement from getting rid of them is well worth it.

Thanks again

Paul

Thank you for the fix! Got my E650 yesterday and decided to run this as the Orange modifications weren't great. It's worked fantastically and the phone seems quicker that before too. So far things are working exactly as i'd expect.

Great Work!

Guest unitzero

Thanks Paul, only had my phone for 2 hrs until i de-branded it with your .CAB

Keep up the good work dude. ;)

Now all i need to do is get that bloody "orange" box off from above the screen!!

Hi.. thanks for software.. phone looks much better now!

I just have one problem.. the screen never times out (back light always dimmed). Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix?

Thanks.

Hi I really need a fix for this, i'm having to charge my phone at least once a day. Else I'll have to revert back to the horrid Orange software!! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dizzy_besser

Update: Orange app unlock no longer required!

Hi Paul...

Thanks for the brand fix - I have Unlocked and de-branded my New Orange SPV E650, however, I am having trouble connecting to GPRS. In the connection Manager options 5 & 6 aren't available (they are grey). I've spoken to T-mobile and HTC who have both given me the T-mobile Internet and WAP settings but I still can't access it.

My WI-FI is fine, but the guy at HTC said he can only imaging my phone software hasn't been un-locked?

Please help - The whole reason I purchased this phone was to access my e-mails on the move.

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks, not because it debranded my phone but because it speeded it up by quite alot. I am not sure why this is but it did. It was nice and easy to do and worked like a charm, first time! I just ran the unlocker again and I was away....

Just one little thing. I had reorganised my menus before hand and saved a copy of them before I ran the debranding. Once I had debranded it I deleted the new menu and put my own menu back. Before I did this I forgot to keep a copy of the Microsoft folder icons. The icons that were in my old menu must be pointing to the now missing Orange icons. Any chance someone can post the Micosoft folder Icons for me so I can finish of my phone.

Many, and I mean meny thanks

Funem

;)

Guest benssson

Hi all!!

I've just got a new E650 (after my previous one got the speakerphone problem) and installed your de-brander (thanks Paul!! the Orange theme is really bad).

I've got a slight problem with it. The new ROM has a new "add word" option for xT9 which the debrander gets rid of. Does anyone know anything about it??

Thanks!!

Joe

I have tried everything and nothing seems to application unlock my E650. I have run around 10 cab files with hard resets between each one and nothing works. I have just hard reset and tried the debrand cabs and nothing. I have even run the Orange cab, and the MoDaCo_E650_ExtraUnlock.cab, no luck. I am trying to run regeditSTG as a test to see if it the mobile is app unlocked. Could anyone suggest anything? Tomtom 5.2 just hangs on Aggreement screen.

Guest mtorlow
Please note that this pack is intended ONLY for UK SPV E650s. Installation on other devices may produce unexpected results.

I install this pack at Polish SPV e650 (with polish lang WindowsMobile6) and worked correctly ;) Thanks.

I have question: how unlock radio?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.