SPV E650 de-Brand + Fix Pack 0.5

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Prof. Yaffle

No probs.

I couldn't find the cab the other night for love nor money (was still very hungover). Never thought to look in the pinned bit at the top of the Vox forum. :D It's here.

Guest Prof. Yaffle
Thanks for your help Prof. Yaffle - don't think I would have been brave enough to try the Dr Gonzo ROM without your reassurance.

Cheers!

Now you've got it all working there's an altered version on XDA developers. :D It's the same Dr Gonzo ROM but with some bits altered for newer versions that seem to make it snappier. I've just given it a go. Because it's only the XIP bit that's altered and not the rest of the ROM you can do a backup with Sprite Backup (I used the demo), install the new ROM and then do a restore with Sprite. Ever so easy and quick to do.

Now you've got it all working there's an altered version on XDA developers. :D

Nice one, thanks again. Will have to check that out. Never heard of the Sprite stuff - will look into it.

BTW thanks for your link to the CAB for the GPRS/MMS settings etc. - didn't actually use it in the end - I managed to resolve my MMS funny an easier way that might be of interest to anyone else who reads this and trys the Gonzo ROM and then needs to input their network connection settings.

The ROM includes an HTC program called "Connection Setup" - I ran that and selected Orange and UK and it set up all the neccesary - the "Connects via" Orange MMS setting that I mentioned earlier is now as it should be.

Guest colin huxter

Hi Paul,new to this,just installed e650 debrand software,can i stop the orange start up sequence when trning on phone,or not,cheers,Colin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest sparkyuiop

This is turd. It screws around with the bluetooth amoung other things. Anyway how can you debrand an Orange phone thats made just for Orange? What are you debranding it to?

This is just your own custom written firmware which isn't very good at all.

Don't give up your day job!

Guest Prof. Yaffle
This is turd. It screws around with the bluetooth amoung other things. Anyway how can you debrand an Orange phone thats made just for Orange? What are you debranding it to?

I had no problem with Bluetooth when I used the debrand pack. Worked fine for me. And it's not made exclusively for Orange. It's a HTC Vox with Oranges shocking colour scheme added. It's also known as HTC S710, Vodafone V1415 and some other names I can't remember (the Vox Wiki seems to be down as well). The debrand pack isn't a firmware, it just replaces the crappy Orange graphics with the original HTC ones.

Edited by Prof. Yaffle

Guest Paul (MVP)

Haha, muppet!

- doesn't screw around with bluetooth

- debranding to the generic HTC phone

- it's not a firmware

Don't give up YOUR day job :D

P

Guest CamboUK
FINALLY, I would ask that if you find this pack useful (or indeed not), you reply in this topic. Doing so will make it easier for me to show Orange that they really should try and furnish MoDaCo with the devices they promise.

Great pack Paul, very useful

I had some problems with the ability to add words to my SMS dictionary disabled (the Add Word option does not come up). Anyone else had this?

Cam

• 1 year later...

Hey MR Paul i have a SPV e650 phone i have bought it from someone in Romania and i want to apply your debrand patch!!!! The phone supports regional setting and languange in Romanian, in other words my phone can use Romanian as a display languange!!! SO can i install your patch? I'm asking this question because you told that this patch is ONLY for UK ROMS!!!!

And also how can i check that is a UK ROM???

Please help ME!!!

Thank you!!!

Edited by LucyIX

• 4 weeks later...

I have debranded my Orange E650, but still find the application lock appears to be in place. I need to disable the GPRS connection using PHM Regedit, but get the error, "Unable to perform this operation" when changing the Enabled value to 0 - Any suggestions please, or the GPRS is going to cost me a fortune.

Thanks.

Edited by T.F.S.

• 1 month later...
Update: Orange app unlock no longer required!

The HTC Vox derivatives are great devices, and it's no secret that i'm a fan.

I was lucky enough to have a pre production HTC S710 for a while and when the device was released, I was first in the queue to splash out my hard earned on a production unit. I know that many readers also own a HTC Vox based device, particularly the SPV E650 variant from Orange.

While the E650 has been generally well received, there has been overwhelming feedback from the community that the device has 2 faults. Firstly the ugly, half-baked and non-removable Orange customisation (colour scheme, icons, start menu layout etc) and secondly the problem with installing software on the device that would cause it to hang.

Ever since this feedback came to light, I have maintained that when I got hold of a SPV E650, I would do my best to provide a fix for these issues. I'm therefore proud to present the MoDaCo SPV E650 de-Brand + Fix Pack 0.5.

Firstly, an apology - this pack has been a while coming, and there is a very simple reason - I only got a E650 last Friday. Despite repeated assurances from Orange that they were doing their best to get me a handset (and an Orange Samsung i600 for that matter), nothing has materialised. It seems that unless you're writing for a broadsheet and can get something in print, you're low down the pecking order. Go figure! As I know members are desperate for this package, I bought a SIM free unit in order that I could deliver as promised.

So, what does the de-Brand and Fix Pack do? Changes include but are not limited to...

• Reset of icons to default Windows style
  • Reset of icon layout to a more traditional Windows layout
  • Reset of colour scheme and home scheme to default Windows style
  • Reset of icons in call related screens to default Windows style
  • Reset of Camera dialogues to grey
  • Reset of Security policies to match that of the HTC S710
    • Fix install bug (installs hang when keyboard is out or input is not in XT9 mode)

• Fix TomTom device ID bug (TomTom reports changed device ID after Orange app unlock)

...it's a very extensive tweak! I'm proud to say that the CAB file to install the tweak is my most advanced yet, however due to the fact that absolutely everything has been accomplished using registry tweaks, shortcut tweaks and one small compressed file update, it comes in at under 60k!! :)

Installation Instructions

To install, carry out the following steps. Please note that this pack is intended ONLY for UK SPV E650s. Installation on other devices may produce unexpected results.

[*]Hard reset device (using the 'Clear Storage' option on the Start Menu, or by tapping the power key from off while holding the two soft keys, then pressing 'Green'). This step is highly recommended, although nothing terrible should (theoretically) happen if you do not hard reset before install.

[*]Install the PREP CAB by copying to your device and launching using File Explorer: MoDaCo_SPV_E650_de_Brand___Fix_Pack.PREP.CAB

[*]Install the MAIN CAB by copying to your device and launching using File Explorer (be patient, after clicking it takes a short while to get going!): MoDaCo_SPV_E650_de_Brand___Fix_Pack_0.5.CAB

[*]Reset (power off / on) your device when prompted - This step is essential.

It's as simple as that :D

I've included some before / after screenshots below. Please note that this pack has performed as intended in my testing, however if you find some remaining branding or continue to have install problems, please let me know so I can provide an update.

FINALLY, I would ask that if you find this pack useful (or indeed not), you reply in this topic. Doing so will make it easier for me to show Orange that they really should try and furnish MoDaCo with the devices they promise.

Thanks and enjoy! :D

P

PS This pack does not have an uninstall option - you can reverse it's effects my hard resetting again.

PPS I have also attached below a Pack to fix, but not de-Brand, for those that like the Orange icons, or perhaps don't want to do the app unlock (it shouldn't be required for the fix only).

MoDaCo_SPV_E650_Fix_Pack_0.5.CAB

post-1-1181552833_thumb.png post-1-1181552855_thumb.png post-1-1181552875_thumb.png post-1-1181552883_thumb.png

post-1-1181552905_thumb.png post-1-1181552925_thumb.png post-1-1181552942_thumb.png post-1-1181552950_thumb.png

• 1 month later...
Guest LucyIX

Hy mr. Paul

I have a problem: I tried to install an app unlock pack from elswhere (not Paul's one) and the phone becamed useless the battery runned out at after half an hour. I tried this pack and the same problem...

any Idea???

• 3 weeks later...

IT WORKED!!!!

Ive flashed alot of sony ericssons and they have always taken me hours but this took no less then 5 minutes!

Finnaly got rid of them horrible orange icons

Thankyou sooo much :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.