SPV E650 de-Brand + Fix Pack 0.5

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest blowdart
You should have left the wheel spinning and just switched the phone off. It can take up to 10mins but it will. It's pulling the battery that causes the problem. Anyway, look on the bright side, after a good hard reset and a fresh installation your phone will run better than ever :rolleyes:

After 15 minutes I gave up and pulled the battery (this was an "upgrade" from the previous version). No harm appears to have been done, and it's nice to see the highlight square isn't black any more. Although it is orange *grin*, so I don't think that got debranded this time around.

Guest lsainsbury

I got "application does not have permission to run"...

Yes I did download / install the Orange Partner security unlock....

Ideas? :rolleyes:

Guest paholman
same here.

Getting slightly off topic, but still related to TomTom.

I'm having a 'mare' with TomTom as they are currently refusing to provide me with a new activation code.

I haven't activated it since replacing my device, but TomTom are telling me the License for this Software is for one device only, and is not transferable. I had it activated on my QTEK 8500, which I've now replaced with the E650.

They are also being difficult because neither the QTEK 8500 or SPV E650 is certified as a compatible device with TomTom Mobile 5.

I can't see them adding new compatible devices to their list for TT5, and TT6 is not compatible either, so currently I'm stuffed.

I've had to send a scan of proof of purchase of TomTom, and they also requested proof that I'd replaced my device with a new one. I don't have that, as I bought the phone of a colleague (unwanted upgrade).

Waiting for their response.

BTW: I requested a new activation code before I installed the De-Brander, after TomTom activation failed and gave my the Device ID.

I've since checked TomTom again, and the same Device ID is listed AFTER the De-Brander (0.3). So mine hasn't changed

Guest Blue Bluderbus
It's weird, I'm not sure what could be causing it, but i'll have a play tomorrow.

Which version of TomTom is this with?

P

I'll do some testing tonight. Does anyone know if a hard reset puts the app lock back on or not?

Testing will be:

Hard reset

Install Tomtom, record Product code and see if I can activate

Hard reset

App unlock

Hard reset

App unlock

If can't activate TT or Prod code changed, run app lock and try again

Hard reset

App unlock

Run debrander

If can't activate TT or Prod code changed, run app lock and try to install TT again

Hard reset

App unlock

Run debrander

App lock

This should cover the combinations of app lock / app unlocked and debranded / not debranded.

Will let you know the outcome tonight.

Guest DAK ATTACK

Paul, you are a true star my friend!

Ran it, soft resetted it, smiled from ear to ear...goodbye orange icons, hello WM6 trueStyle!

Many thanks.

I got "application does not have permission to run"...

Yes I did download / install the Orange Partner security unlock....

Ideas? :rolleyes:

I had several problems with this.

When I tried *#06# I got the same IMEA as on the inside of my 'phone but with an extra 01 on the end - the IMEA that I had to enter into the orange france web site which worked was the one without the 01 on the end.

Hope this helps

T

Guest Blue Bluderbus
I'll do some testing tonight. Does anyone know if a hard reset puts the app lock back on or not?

Testing will be:

Hard reset

Hard reset

App unlock

Hard reset

App unlock

If can't activate TT or Prod code changed, run app lock and try again

Hard reset

App unlock

Run debrander

If can't activate TT or Prod code changed, run app lock and try to install TT again

Hard reset

App unlock

Run debrander

App lock

This should cover the combinations of app lock / app unlocked and debranded / not debranded.

Will let you know the outcome tonight.

I've done my testing and my problem is caused 100% by the app unlock not the debrander. If I hard reset my phone and run app unlock, the Tomtom Device Code comes up different. If I run the app lock, it doesn't fix the problem. I'm guessing that the Tomtom Device Code contains a hash of certain registry values and these change when I run the app unlock.

So, my choice is between Tomtom and decent icons. 'Fraid Tomtom wins this one.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Nice one Orange! :rolleyes:

I'm gonna do a registry compare before and after the unlock, to see what exactly it changes.

I've attached a CAB to this post, which ONLY fixes the T9 bug, it doesn't de-brand. You should be able to run this without needing the Orange unlocker.

P

[Edit: Download now added to first post]

Guest Paul (MVP)

Can you...

- install app unlock

- install debrander

- uninstall app unlock

- install TomTom?

...and get the desired effect?

The unlocker seems to affect some weird things...

P

Guest Blue Bluderbus
Can you...

- install app unlock

- install debrander

- uninstall app unlock

- install TomTom?

P

No luck, I'm afraid. Tomtom device code remains something other than it used to be.

BTW, I have tried to run the app lock app from Orange. The file name starts activate_ rather than remove_ . When you run it, it tells you that security has been removed. Not sure if this is a dialog bug or if the message is actually true. Either way, TT doesn't activate after running the app lock.

Why do Orange do this to us?

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'll check the Windows Live thing out.

Tomorrow i'll try and find my copy of TT5 and try and figure that out too.

Looks like i'm not quite ready to sell on the E650 yet... really need to push O for that unit! :rolleyes:

P

Guest Blue Bluderbus
I'll check the Windows Live thing out.

Tomorrow i'll try and find my copy of TT5 and try and figure that out too.

Looks like i'm not quite ready to sell on the E650 yet... really need to push O for that unit! :rolleyes:

P

Thanks for all the assistance, it really is appreciated... and good luck with finding these last fixes.

Guest incognitolad

I had the same issues with WLM. Its almost like the T9 Engine doesn't engage on the numeric pad and only get numbers.

I hard reset my device this evening and found out if you install and activate WLM before you install the de-brander everything works fine.

Only small niggle I have found, and I have to admit its almost nit-picking, is when you're in a text message and change to numbers from any other text entry method at the top where its says Xt9 or ABC the numbers read 12# where it used to be 123. But like I said, its just nit picking!

Guest Looby
Can you...

- install app unlock

- install debrander

- uninstall app unlock

- install TomTom?

P

Hi Paul, it's the application unlock that changes the device ID number not the debrander. I run Handy Weather on my E650 and had to send them the new number to enable registration.

Guest tazevil666

maybe it is a dumb question... :P

but I've already installed 0.1 fix, and I was asking myself what are the differencies between 0.1 and 0.3 ???

Guest Blue Bluderbus
Confirmed as an issue, will get onto it first thing tomorrow!

P

I can't try this until tonight, but I wonder if this would work:

hard reset

install and activate Tomtom

run app unlocker

run debrander

Not sure if Tomtom checks the activation code against the device code every time it runs or if it checks the first time and sets the phone to activated. Will try this tonight.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.