Official de-cert problem sorted! Update 11

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

Guest BigLee1
Perhaps they are just busy with projects. I hope you can get your 'decert' tool guys. Be patient.  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just thought i'd try the dev webpage one more time and bugger me it worked. So all you guys waiting it might be time to give it another go :D

EDIT: I'm so happy, so happy, so happy and bright!!! I finally got install the lovely Alienware homescreen found in the download section. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Edited by BigLee1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest vbrowning

Hi everyone,

I have a problem - after running the de-cert process, I get a message saying 'your handset has had its certificate security disabled', but it has not ;)

CheckLock is still showing 'locked' and I can't install some .cab files. It has passed about 36h since I got the first message.

I have e200, 2.7.1.1

please, help

• 5 weeks later...
Guest turbo-man

That worked beautifully thanks.... I am in the UK on Vodafone and it worked a treat!!!!

I am a little confused though. I have previously installed home screen and apps without any trouble, and then it stopped working.... Any ideas why this could have been?

Guest usdiver

Is it possible to do this if I am using an o2 sim card with gprs settings? and if not, and I have to do the settings back for orange, what benefits will I have by having the phone app unlocked and decertified?...? Thanks for any help in advance

Guest prank_de_devil

hi there...i m in india n i have an orange spv e100....so there is no way i can use ur technique to unlock it...but i serioulsy need 2 unlock it...theres so much stuff out there n i cant decert my phone...isnt there some other way 2 it?? if there is i d b grateful if u could helpme out..thnx

Instructions for de-certing if you're experiencing problems

--

Edit 19.05.2003: Dutch users may find this link helpful:

http://www.developers.orange.com/forums/sh...php?threadid=22

Thanks to Martin for the tip.

--

Edit 23.04.2003: A (seemingly) UK-specific update from fozzie here:

Decert site can now be found here

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdef.aspx

So all you UK-types that have been having problems: give this a try.

--

This guide was mainly written for those who've been having problems with getting the official de-cert process to go through; I'm not especially an expert, the hints posted here are simply the best results of a lot of my trial-and-error attempts to get a couple of SPVs de-certed  :)

Note: It may be necessary to establish a GPRS connection before you start trying this de-cert process - Action Register needs to make a short data call to register with Orange's SPV-database, I assume, and it doesn't always do this on it's own. Be sure to establish a new GPRS connection after you've done with the de-cert process.

First of all, disable any popup stopper apps you have running. If you're using Norton Internet Security, temporarily disable this too.

Go to the normal Orange Official De-cert link.

When asked for your details, try typing the number in this format:

+45[space]xxxxxxxx

Type your IMEI in the appropriate field.

Press OK.

If you get the error, go to the phone number field, type in some text nonsense, do the same in the IMEI field.

Press OK.

You'll get taken to a page where you can download a registration app (Action Register) to your SPV. On this page you'll need to type in your phone number in the format:

+xx[space]xxxxxxx

Do this and then run Action Register, following the instructions on the above page. 

N.B. It seems that there are some inconsistencies with the format of the telephone number required by Action Register - it may be that you don't need to type the country-code at all as this seems to get added automatically. Obvious, really, though I used the country code on my own SPV and the process went through OK.

Action Register should then report "Phone registered"

Go online via GPRS to any webpage.  <- Thanks to Torben for this

Next, back to the de-cert page, type the phone number, not forgetting the space, and make sure it's exactly the same as the one you typed on the previous page!

Type in your SPV's IMEI; it's written on a sticker on the side of the Orange packaging, on the receipt and you can also get it by typing *#06# on your SPV.

Press [OK], et voilà - it goes through! You should get a confirmation sent to your SPV within a minute or so. This confirmation means that your SPV is *definitely* no longer application-locked. Ace  :D 

Now you can restart your popup stopper app and get to work configuring your NIS settings properly :D

If the above doesn't work for you within 5 minutes, try again - check that *all* the phone numbers you type in are the same.

Once you've done the above, you'll *not* need to use this method again to de-cert, for example when you hard reset or install an update. After completing the above, the phone will be registered with Orange and the de-cert page will work properly every time thereafter.

EDIT: Easier to read, more precise & Torben's correction. GPRS tip. Number format request. Title change, the problems don't only occur in Denmark.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ssb@mail

I think I have tried every thing on this thread but with no luck.....any help would be very much appreciated!

1. connected phone to internet via GPRS, browsed websites

2. went to http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdef.aspx

3. Uk based so input +4477791***** then tried a space between +44 and 77 ( still would not recognise) This was after switching off all firewall & popup blocker

4. Installed Registry application & tried to register....no luck

5. Emalied the developers enginnering help

• 2 weeks later...

i reaaly want to unlock my C550 !!

ive downloaded an app called Orange Register

is this any good?

it says that my phone is registered on the network and it also says Lock : Running

in the options i can clik launch lock but that doesn't change anythin :S help anyone please?

i reaaly want to unlock my C550 !!

ive downloaded an app called Orange Register

is this any good?

it says that my phone is registered on the network and it also says Lock : Running

in the options i can clik launch lock but that doesn't change anythin :S help anyone please?

ive unlocked my C550 !! i feel so proud im only 15 and only had a smartphone for a week :) any ideas on what i can install on it now to see what this baby can realy do?

• 2 months later...

this thread made me think, and, at first i thought it was sim unlock, becuase my spvc550 came application unlocked and i got it from orange, no sim or anything, and i thought it was strange, any ideas why it was app unlocked ?

Guest Disco Stu

Since the C500 the SPV range has never been fully application locked. Instead you just get a warning / confirmation screen when installing software.

There will still be some things you cannot install though.

• 4 months later...
Guest dolphinsmile

I have seen a program that allows you to unlock and lock the c500 for programs (decertify) I'v lost it now though. Could someone direct me to this?

Thanks.

Edited by dolphinsmile