Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest leoiden
I've just learned that production P4550's have a rubberised back instead of the shiny back... and I should have one in the next day or so. Hurrah! :D

P

good day paul

do you know something we don,t in regards to obtaining these unit?

or its the old saying is not what you know but who you know? :) :P ;)

Guest Troxelke
I've just learned that production P4550's have a rubberised back instead of the shiny back... and I should have one in the next day or so. Hurrah! :P

Hi Paul, that sounds like you are one lucky guy! So you get the latest production model including the "touchflo" features as we saw on the picture I posted (from expansys)? Great....!! Are you going to tell us a bit more on the sofware side? Could you also do a GPS check (cold start and hot start times etc)? I am really curious what (and of what quality) HTC has put in this beatifull device....

>>> I C A N ' T W A I T A N Y M O R E :)

I now have the production handset with the rubber back.

Could you take some pictures of it? What are the differents from the pre-production model?

Thnx in advance.

Guest mikeeey
The only difference is the HTC logo and the rubberised back.

P

i thought i already posted something about the rubberized back? maybe i accidently posted it in the wrong part of the forum lol.

i said that i thought the shiney back looked cool but then again you would need to polish it quite often. does the rubber back look good? does it look more like rubber or leather?

Guest mikeeey
It's nothing massively exciting, but it works.

P

well alright.

so when u told me that Q3 would keep rebooting your device, did u ever manage to run it first and then it would reboot? how far into the game could u get before it did that?

Guest wilmah

hi there everyone,

i'm am new to ppc phone....and this kaiser really catch my attention....i have some questions here, especially to Paul....really hope that you guys could answer me...

1. is the kaiser comes with a dedicated music player like those comes with the Touch

2. when we put the ppc to standby mode, do we still able to listen to mp3 through A2DP

3.how is the speaker quality? when we are in a busy street or noisy environment, is the ringtone loud enough to alert the users

4. i understand that kaiser has build in GPS...then what type of mapping software that the kaiser has

i know there's lots of question....really sorry to pose all those noobie question but i really wanted to get the kaiser as my next replacement...therefore hope that you guys who expert in ppc phone could help me..

thanks

William

Guest alienwcy

I got a few questions for Paul regarding the production unit:

1. Is the production unit you got there the final version (including software) that will be selling to us?

2. How long it takes for the phone to be usable from a cold boot?

3. What is the nearest range to take a clear macro picture?

4. Will they include a car charger or a holder for the phone (GPS) to be used in car?

Thanks.

My hands are too itchy to get one now. :)

Guest burrzoo

I have to admit that I've been living in the Palm OS / Treo world for years and am totally new to Window Mobile. I was so disgruntled with Palm and their lack of a truly new product that I started looking elsewhere. So, that being said, I need some suggestions from everyone's favorite/essential appl list (I'm not a big gamer though). I also need to prep for accessories like a case (I need one with a belt clip) and whatever else you can suggest. I already have a nice BT Stereo headset (BlueTrek ST1) but what else is an absolute must?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

(Just trying to plan ahead for my P4550/Kaiser purchase :) )

Guest Paul (MVP)
1. is the kaiser comes with a dedicated music player like those comes with the Touch

Yes.

2. when we put the ppc to standby mode, do we still able to listen to mp3 through A2DP

Not tried.

3.how is the speaker quality? when we are in a busy street or noisy environment, is the ringtone loud enough to alert the users

It's fine IMHO.

4. i understand that kaiser has build in GPS...then what type of mapping software that the kaiser has

It will ship without any in base configuration, and with TomTom as an option.

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
1. Is the production unit you got there the final version (including software) that will be selling to us?

Final hardware, software is still being refined.

2. How long it takes for the phone to be usable from a cold boot?

I haven't timed it, it is pretty quick tho.

3. What is the nearest range to take a clear macro picture?

VERY close!

4. Will they include a car charger or a holder for the phone (GPS) to be used in car?

Unknown.

P

Guest stesa

hi Paul , your new unit in setting\system tab has the TouchFLO applets ? if yes what this applet does ? thx

Edited by stesa

Guest Troxelke
My must have accessory is a Brodit car holder, that's about it :)

Definetely true, brodit holders really do the job AND look very nice. Normally Brodit is quite fast with releasing a new holder for the new phone models. It will probably be about the same as the one for the TyTN etc...

But what I understand Paul, is that you have now the final hardware, but still not the "closest to final" software version (as the one in the Expansys video) with the TouchFLO features? But IF you have, could you inform us a bit more on the software side? Would be VERY nice... Thanks!!

Roy.

Guest alienwcy

Thank for the reply Paul. A few more questions for you, sorry for my curiosity, :)

1. What is the battery capacity? Is the battery you got there the final version also?

2. Are there any problems with the device so far (screen alignment, unresponsive buttons, etc)?

Thanks.

Guest Skeese

Will the final HTC release come with the rubberised back? I prefer it over the shiny back as it isn't prone to scratches.

Edited by Skeese

Guest wilmah

thanks Paul for your answer, it clears lots of my doubts...

regarding the dedicated music player....wat i mean is a special and new music player which is the first seen in the Touch....and not the window media player...can you please double confirm this with me...thanks

William

Guest Paul (MVP)
Will the final HTC release come with the rubberised back? I prefer it over the shiny back as it isn't prone to scratches.

It will.

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
thanks Paul for your answer, it clears lots of my doubts...

regarding the dedicated music player....wat i mean is a special and new music player which is the first seen in the Touch....and not the window media player...can you please double confirm this with me...thanks

William

That was in device before the Touch...

P

Guest rebecker
Weirdly I can't get them to sync atm, nor my favourites. Not sure why!

P

Are you using Outlook 2003? Could it be Microsoft's way to get us to buy Office 2007 :)

Seriously, I would be very disappointed if I couldn't use Notes with the Kaiser. I use Notes with my HP hx4700 several times a day. It was the deal-breaker on the Toshiba G900 for me. I might have kept the G900 even with its lockups (assuming a fix) and poorly designed reset concept (Although I wasn't aware of the Kaiser, so it was a stroke of good luck). Let's hope HTC deals with this issue before the final release.

Thanks for all your information. I check out your site several times a day.

-Bob-

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.