Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mikeeey
As you can see, the video quality isn't really worth getting excited about yet :)

isnt worth getting excited about? just seeing this tells me how much better coolcamera will make it.

what was the framerate on that video? 25fps?

Guest johnyysmith

From your experience guys what sort of price would you GUESS this beauty will be - based upon the price of the best previously

Edited by johnyysmith

Guest Paul (MVP)
isnt worth getting excited about? just seeing this tells me how much better coolcamera will make it.

what was the framerate on that video? 25fps?

Er, dunno, I suppose so, it is only 320x240 tho :)

P

Guest Troxelke
TT6 works great in Landscape, and switches on the fly as you open / close the device :D

P

;) :D :) YEAHAA that is nice info.... come on Paul.. you didn't have a chance to post a picture of it? And with the GPS status screen.... B)

can't wait.... can't wait.... can't wait.... can't wait.... can't wait....

:P

Guest mikeeey
Er, dunno, I suppose so, it is only 320x240 tho :)

P

but the specs of the qualcomm chip state it supports up to 30fps VGA video recording. i would just assume htc didnt let you record VGA cuz people would complain the videos take up too much memory.

Guest Paul (MVP)
:D :D :) YEAHAA that is nice info.... come on Paul.. you didn't have a chance to post a picture of it? And with the GPS status screen.... B)

can't wait.... can't wait.... can't wait.... can't wait.... can't wait....

:P

Er, why? ;)

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
but the specs of the qualcomm chip state it supports up to 30fps VGA video recording. i would just assume htc didnt let you record VGA cuz people would complain the videos take up too much memory.

That doesn't make sense to me as a reason TBH.

I think they just haven't got round to implementing it in the client because it's lower priority than some other stuff.

P

Guest Michael Pang

I think it is too early to say that whether the camera can capture QVGA or VGA video. Even though the spec states that without software support it is still QVGA. Also, we cannot control the s/w vendor to support which device. It is just an open end discussion.

Guest mikeeey
That doesn't make sense to me as a reason TBH.

I think they just haven't got round to implementing it in the client because it's lower priority than some other stuff.

P

so do you think when coolcamera is supported and you switched to 640 x 480 resuolution it would have bad framerate then?

Guest Paul (MVP)
so do you think when coolcamera is supported and you switched to 640 x 480 resuolution it would have bad framerate then?

Er, no? I didn't say that?

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'm saying maybe HTC haven't implemented that in the camera software yet because they're busy fixing other stuff. Or maybe it doesn't work very well. Who knows, it's all pure speculation :)

Bearing in mind that GPS position on pictures isn't even in the camera client, looks to me like they haven't really done much work on that for the Kaiser.

P

Guest mikeeey
I'm saying maybe HTC haven't implemented that in the camera software yet because they're busy fixing other stuff. Or maybe it doesn't work very well. Who knows, it's all pure speculation :)

Bearing in mind that GPS position on pictures isn't even in the camera client, looks to me like they haven't really done much work on that for the Kaiser.

P

o alright i gotcha.

i guess we'l just have to see when it comes out.

(off topic from the camera)

would quake 3 even start up before it reboot your device? if so how far did it make it into the game?

Guest Paul (MVP)
Expansys UK is no longer has Kaiser on their website!!! Neither you can pre-order via the phone!

Any ideas?

I really want it... :)

I'm looking to line up a special deal on the Kaiser with Expansys for MoDaCo members, as well as on contract via the MoDaCo Shop when the time comes, so don't fret :P

P

Guest Syphon Filter
I'm looking to line up a special deal on the Kaiser with Expansys for MoDaCo members, as well as on contract via the MoDaCo Shop when the time comes, so don't fret :)

P

Seriously? Awesome man...that'd be seriously wicked.

I cant wait for this device. Its going to be a seriously kick ass

Guest GordonTGopher
You're right!! I was only looking at it on Wednesday

strange :)

It could be they have "sold" their first shipment allocation and effectively closed the list. But then again I could be wrong :P

Gordon

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'm checking with Expansys on why it's disappeared from the site.

With regards to preorders, it's looking like that orders placed via MoDaCo are likely to include a free add on pack including such goodies as MoDaCo CamerAware (fully tested and running schweet on the Kaiser), MoDaCo Ad Free (so you can hang out here and chat about your new toy!) and possibly 1 other item (still under negotiation).

Watch this space for a preorder link at the start of next week :)

P

With regards to preorders, it's looking like that orders placed via MoDaCo are likely to include a free add on pack including such goodies as MoDaCo CamerAware (fully tested and running schweet on the Kaiser), MoDaCo Ad Free (so you can hang out here and chat about your new toy!) and possibly 1 other item (still under negotiation).

Watch this space for a preorder link at the start of next week :)

P

Can I pre-order my Kaiser through MoDaCo and have it shipped to Australia? And if so, do HTC offer an international warranty on the Kaiser, seeing as though the Kaiser device is being released globally under the HTC brand?

Loved the review BTW Paul!

if you check other country, you get it for less money, like here in switzerland, 1100 CHF, it mean normally the pound is about 2.5, would mean something like 1500 CHF, but only 1100 also with expansy.fr, it's about 800 euro, so again a little bit cheaper...but now with the customes and other things, and sometimes with the contract, we can spare some dollars...or pounds, or CHF ;-)

Bye the way, it mean seriously, that the machine will be delivered soonly ;-) that's a goog point, isnt it?

Guest Syphon Filter

Watch this space for a preorder link at the start of next week :P

P

Awesome, that is going to be a nice little package. Make that last item a 4GB microSDHC card :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.