Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul, i dont want to confuse the issue about the GPRS...this is General Packet Radio Services and NOT GPS (Global Positioning System). Does the Kaiser come with GPS as well built in? I am not concerned about the GPRS but definately the GPS as a built in GPS Receiver.

BRILLIANT phone, cannot wait to get my hands on one!!

Guest alfakilocharlie

Arny, it has both GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) and GPS (Global Positioning Service) with an inbuilt GPS reciever.

Guest Special2k3

Perhaps a stupid question, but will there be also a version with a qwrtz keyboard layout?

I know that the Vario III has a qwertz layout, but the "original" kaiser from htc woul be much more interesting for me.

Special2k3

Guest Swampie
Perhaps a stupid question, but will there be also a version with a qwrtz keyboard layout?

I know that the Vario III has a qwertz layout, but the "original" kaiser from htc woul be much more interesting for me.

Special2k3

I'm a bit confused - the Kaiser and Vario III all appear to have identical keyboards - ie. QWERTY.

Guest badbandit

i am sooooo hot and horny to get the kaiser. im am tired of my bad working se p990 and i really would like to play arround with a good wm6 phone. at least i want to give wm6 a chance and the kaiser seems perfect for an entry into the wm6 world.

i am going in my first holidays after 7 years in the second week of september. my biggest hope and whish is, that i can get the qwertz htc kaiser till then, to have something playing arround with (when the childrens are in bed, we can't do a lot). so something new to explore would be more than perfect.

is my hope just a dream or is there a slight chance to get the kaiser before i leave?

Guest ghaith_d
i am sooooo hot and horny to get the kaiser. im am tired of my bad working se p990 and i really would like to play arround with a good wm6 phone. at least i want to give wm6 a chance and the kaiser seems perfect for an entry into the wm6 world.

i am going in my first holidays after 7 years in the second week of september. my biggest hope and whish is, that i can get the qwertz htc kaiser till then, to have something playing arround with (when the childrens are in bed, we can't do a lot). so something new to explore would be more than perfect.

is my hope just a dream or is there a slight chance to get the kaiser before i leave?

Well they said that the Vario III will be released in the UK on Sep. the 8th, so hopefully :)

Guest ghaith_d

now this has nothing to do with the Kaiser, but it's a general question that is related to it.

What are the differences between Windows Mobile Pocket PC Second Edition (which my original jam runs) and WM 6 (which my future kaiser will run :) )

Guest badbandit

well, i do not want a t-mobile branded phone and on the 8th of september i am alrady in my holidays.

i want a htc kaiser and this should before the 7th of september...

Guest ghaith_d
well, i do not want a t-mobile branded phone and on the 8th of september i am alrady in my holidays.

i want a htc kaiser and this should before the 7th of september...

the HTC kaiser will prob. be out B4 then because the original comes out b4 the 'clones'

Guest burrzoo
I'm checking with Expansys on why it's disappeared from the site.

With regards to preorders, it's looking like that orders placed via MoDaCo are likely to include a free add on pack including such goodies as MoDaCo CamerAware (fully tested and running schweet on the Kaiser), MoDaCo Ad Free (so you can hang out here and chat about your new toy!) and possibly 1 other item (still under negotiation).

Watch this space for a preorder link at the start of next week :)

P

Hey Paul,

Will this offer also apply to the US sister-site "MobilePlanet?" If so, that would be outstanding! If not, it still sounds like a great deal for those that can take advantage.

Thanks!

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'll look into that.

re: 8925, nothing has been confirmed yet, not even that it exists officially (although of course it does) :)

P

Guest irgins

can somone take pics with the Kaiser's 3MP camera and upload them?

Seems like nobody has included sample pics of the camera.

Let see if it can compare to my 903sh :)

I'll look into that.

P

Can you also enquire as to Expansys Australia's plans.

If I can get it earlier from Expansys UK (compared to Expansys AU), do they ship internationally? Alternatively, if I jumped in on MoDaCo's deal, can you ship it do me Down Under?

Guest stesa

rumors here in italy (may be out from dangaad , htc distributor) it seem Kaiser will be in the shops (phisical storees) for 20 august :)

Edited by stesa

Guest ghaith_d
rumors here in italy (may be out from dangaad , htc distributor) it seem Kaiser will be in the shops (phisical storees) for 20 august :)

i REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that is true *drool*

Guest gregersdk

Yes, let it be! It is hard to wait for something that awesome for over 4 months...

Well, Paul, if you haven't got sick and tired of all our questions, could you please tell me:

Watching movies on this device, how well does that work? Can it play non-converted video files (in .avi most)?

Have you tried Smart2Go on this device? Just for an alternative GPS interface...

Hope your not too over flooded, and thank you in advance

Gregersdk

Guest Andy_S

Hi, I'm new one there, but i've never seen answered one question i have in mind... I heard, that Kaiser is focusing via ultrasonic precise measurement of distance. Is that true? If so, will be there app which will allow us to use that ultrasonic meter to measure distance and display it (aka dedicated measuring tools)? Thanks for reply.

Guest Phil_UK

Hi

Hi, I'm new one there, but i've never seen answered one question i have in mind... I heard, that Kaiser is focusing via ultrasonic precise measurement of distance. Is that true? If so, will be there app which will allow us to use that ultrasonic meter to measure distance and display it (aka dedicated measuring tools)? Thanks for reply.

These tiny camera's have auto focus but only a few zones, for example near, medium and infinite focus settings so there is no need for precise measurement of distance. The camera simply judges the best setting to use by analysing part of the image and chooses the setting that gives the sharpest reading.

If you want a precise measuring tool, then I think you will need to buy one.

Regards

Phil

Guest ghaith_d

wow....i have not even heard of that, if it's true that would make it pretty extra sweet lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.