Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Le Chiffres
Hi All,

Just got an update from Expansys.nl. the Dutch site states "Woensdag 5 September" So presumably we should be seeing the kaiser by the first week of September. 1 month to go....

Source Visit Website

Same dates on the French and German expansys' sites. :)

Same dates on the French and German expansys' sites. :)

Same at expansys Hungarian site. But WTF? This is not pre-order this gets me to checkout with PayPal. So i think the 5th september is the final date.

Guest Michael Pang
Hi Paul,

I was wondering if you ever did the Core Media Player test of Matrix Reloaded??

Thanks,

Clarkster

Yeah, support. Really want to have the brenchmark on TCPMP playing Matrix Reload

Guest burrzoo
I thought the Qualcomm issue is over and FCC approved it?

Oh, I must have missed that info somewhere. That's great then! One less thing to think about..

Thanks!

Guest Kchrpm

FCC approval is not related to the legal issue, it is only a technical test verifying that the device and all its radios are ok and won't interfere with...stuff (I don't know the details :) ). The legal battle is still going on, I just think the import stores are assuming/hoping it will be taken care of by the time of release. Nothing says they can't take pre-orders for them, they just aren't allowed to actually sell them to anyone in the US yet.

Guest Paul (MVP)

The Qualcomm issue isn't over, not sure how it affects the P4550 tho... it depends if it infringes the patent(s?) in question...

P

Guest badbandit

damn, the 5th of september might be a little late. i leave on the 7th in my hollyday and wanted to take it with me to have something playing arround with. ok, then i have to play arround with my wife :)

Guest moparman

Hehe it sounds like you rather would like to play around with youre Kaiser :)

But who am i`m to blame you heh

Edited by moparman

Guest badbandit

hehe, with beeing 8 years together and two small children at our side, i do not have the hope, that i will get a lot to play with, unless i have the kaiser with me :)

Edited by badbandit

Guest moparman

:P ;)

Can i move files from my pc to kaiser with wlan ?

Can`t do that with my SE P990 and it would make me a happy man :)

So if anyone can say if it`s possible i would buy you all a beer heh

Guest ghaith_d

I talked to a separate retailer here in Ottawa, and they told me that the HTC branded Kaiser (unlocked) will be available on August the 25th! !@#$ YESSSS

Edited by ghaith_d

Guest xricex
I talked to a separate retailer here in Ottawa, and they told me that the HTC branded Kaiser (unlocked) will be available on August the 25th! !@#$ YESSSS

is that for sure? cause I live in ottawa also.. do u kno how much it will be?

Guest badbandit

one question because i never had a htc- or wm-phone:

are there usually different revisions of one phone (with hardware-/rom-bugfixes) or are all phones of one series (like htc tytn or htc kaiser) the same? firmware updates would not be a problem.

i ask this, because i would like to know if it might be a problem to be an "early adaptor" or is the only risk, that i might have to update the firmware?

25th? On Saturday?! Funny ^.^ :)

Guest ghaith_d
is that for sure? cause I live in ottawa also.. do u kno how much it will be?

Well i asked the retailer if i could pre-order it or if they can somehow hold one for me because apparently their actual store is in Mississauga and i didnt want to go there to find them sold out. The reply that i got was that they will have the kaiser on August 25th.

Their website is www.sntradersonline.com, it's a great website and it has prety good prices. As for how much it will be, i'm guessing around 800-1000. That's what we are seeing from pre-orders and putting into consideration how much the TYTN is.

Guest ghaith_d
25th? On Saturday?! Funny ^.^ :P

They told me it'll be available on that day so i dun kno...maybe they are getting the shipments and such on the 23rd and 24th and they will begin seling on the 25th. I really dont get how it's funny :)

Guest badbandit

@ xricex

anyway i would always use a sreen protector. i have a p990 and use a brando screen protector. i do not use my phone as if it would have been made out of porcellain. i just put it in my pocket, also, if there is money, keys or whatever in it.

in my brando sreen protector there is now a quite deep scratch. if i would not have used it, the scratch would have been in the screen.

i will always use a screen protector, because you will not see, that you have one and it helps. of course you should use a high quality screen protector and pay a little bit more than for the cheap onces.

one question because i never had a htc- or wm-phone:

are there usually different revisions of one phone (with hardware-/rom-bugfixes) or are all phones of one series (like htc tytn or htc kaiser) the same? firmware updates would not be a problem.

i ask this, because i would like to know if it might be a problem to be an "early adaptor" or is the only risk, that i might have to update the firmware?

Because there are differences in hardware there would be updates for each device but not to all. WM6 has the feature to update the OS (like many new SE and Nokia and Nokia Symbian phones) but yet there were no cases using it as i know... so i think this bulit-in WM update (like Windows update on desktops) is just superflous. IMHO.

Guest xricex
@ xricex

anyway i would always use a sreen protector. i have a p990 and use a brando screen protector. i do not use my phone as if it would have been made out of porcellain. i just put it in my pocket, also, if there is money, keys or whatever in it.

in my brando sreen protector there is now a quite deep scratch. if i would not have used it, the scratch would have been in the screen.

i will always use a screen protector, because you will not see, that you have one and it helps. of course you should use a high quality screen protector and pay a little bit more than for the cheap onces.

thats true I probly will get one but wasnt sure how scratchable the screen was, but I never put stuff in the same pocket as my phone. I guess its better safe than sorry later on.

I used a brando screen protector on my camera's LCD and even on my n93i but i didn't saw the screen outside when the weather was shinny so i removed it. I admit that it's useful and yes, it helps prevents the scratches but then i wouldn't see the screen well on shinny days when using it in some angles and yes i'll buy another brando protector when i get my new phone.

I really dont get how it's funny

Because the release dates usually gets between Monday-Friday but more usually on the middles of the week. I'm really hoping that the 25th is THE release date but i'm so sceptic because there were and there are so many release dates now.

Guest ghaith_d
Because the release dates usually gets between Monday-Friday but more usually on the middles of the week. I'm really hoping that the 25th is THE release date but i'm so sceptic because there were and there are so many release dates now.

I see, well we have heard that it will be released on august 23rd before (i dont remember where but i read it somewhere), so it being released here on the 25th is not so far off, especially coz this is a small shop so it would take them a couple of days to get it from HTC compared to the rest of Europe.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.