Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest linooliveira

Hi Paul.

The HTC TyTN II Modaco offer is only available through Expansys UK or it is possible through through others, p.e. Expansys PT ?

Regards from Portugal

Guest Syphon Filter
Come on o2! I want this and I want it now! I've been holding off upgrading for a year and a half ;)

A year and a half!! You could have had a new device in that time and still be ok for upgrading now!!!

My finger is almost on the trigger to place that order...I wonder what my chances of making it into the first batch are?!

The less chance what? I'm so confused :D

Syphon Filter: Sorry, my bad, What I meant was it's been a year and a half since I upgraded ;) My Wizard(Mini S) has started to do weird things :D Still the longer I wait the cheaper it gets (technically :D ) I really hope it comes soon as I'm going insane waiting. Don't want to pay like £400 for it from HTC though! No matter how good your deal is paul! :wub:

Guest matt sb

Paul,

In the lead-in to this thread you stated "I understand that for the HTC unit at least, this (with the addition of a soft case) is what is expected to be in the retail package, together with the normal documentation and software bundle of course."

According to the MobilePlanet description, it does not list a carrying case as being included. I'm debating whether to include one in my order and was wondering if you had any further info about whether a case is included. I am guessing it does not since the "Value Pack" they sell includes a case. Thanks and regards.

Hey Paul or anyone else, like everyone here I am eagering anticipating the HTC TyTn II (Kaiser). I am in the U.S. and my carrier is AT&T I was going to order from them put dates keep getting "confirmed" and pushed back" so I am looking to order it unlocked from the UK.

www.devicewire.co.uk has it in stock and I had a few questions before ordering it

1. can I order from this site being that I am in the U.S.? If so how long do you think I could have it in my hands?

2. will this device work 100% with AT&T....3g? the gps, etc....

Thanks!

Guest burrzoo
Hey Paul or anyone else, like everyone here I am eagering anticipating the HTC TyTn II (Kaiser). I am in the U.S. and my carrier is AT&T I was going to order from them put dates keep getting "confirmed" and pushed back" so I am looking to order it unlocked from the UK.

www.devicewire.co.uk has it in stock and I had a few questions before ordering it

1. can I order from this site being that I am in the U.S.? If so how long do you think I could have it in my hands?

2. will this device work 100% with AT&T....3g? the gps, etc....

Thanks!

Why order from the UK? With the conversion rate and shipping, wouldn't it possibly cost more than ordering from US? I ordered mine from www.elite-electronix.com. They will have them in stock this Thursday (9/6). They are in Florida and I'm in Calif. so no sales tax like MobilePlanet, who is now charging sales tax. I'd rather save the $70+! Good luck and I hope you can order yours too.

Why order from the UK? With the conversion rate and shipping, wouldn't it possibly cost more than ordering from US? I ordered mine from www.elite-electronix.com. They will have them in stock this Thursday (9/6). They are in Florida and I'm in Calif. so no sales tax like MobilePlanet, who is now charging sales tax. I'd rather save the $70+! Good luck and I hope you can order yours too.

well for one devicewire.co.uk is offering free shipping and with tax the total comes out to $650. The site that you are ordering from its $800! Plus Ive never heard of www.elite-electronix.com.

Id rather order from a reputable site

Guest Kagenryu
well for one devicewire.co.uk is offering free shipping and with tax the total comes out to $650. The site that you are ordering from its $800! Plus Ive never heard of www.elite-electronix.com.

Id rather order from a reputable site

http://www.google.com/search?q=%C2%A3479.9...amp;startPage=1

Uh, according to Google's conversion rate, UK£ 479.94 = 967.655028 U.S. dollars

But maybe I am missing something? ;)

--

Kage

Guest Paul (MVP)

Expansys have the MoDaCo order showed as 'order on request' due to a technality with the MoDaCo flyers that go in box ;)

Rest assured they're first stocks are shipping today, like everyone else - including MoDaCo preorders!

P

Paul, could you please compare the speed of the 400MHZ Qualcomm processor with the speed of the 624MHZ Intel ARM processor? (like the one found in the Athena).

It seems that the 400 Qualcomm is the new platform of choice for the new HTC devices, and i wonder if it compares favourably to the best (but quite old) intel processor out there..

Could you try for example playing a highbitrate movie in a device with the 400 Qualcomm (like the Kaiser) and in a 624MHZ Intel device?

Oh, and maybe some test that is not video card dependent...

Thanks!

I no longer have an Athena i'm afraid!

P

id be grateful if you could compare it with anything you have :-)

i think this will be breaking news, as this is a totally new platform

i'm sure everyone wants to know how well it does

i think this will also the platform of choice for the next universal, that is rumored to pack a 800x480 screen

so the performance the platform is vital, IMO :-)

the specs look quite good, i must agree... http://www.cdmatech.com/products/msm7200_c...et_solution.jsp

Edited by ubik

Guest FlangeArtist

On MoDaCo offer from eXpansys UK it says for delivery: Estimated 1 Day

New underwear please! Will post AS SOON as it arrives (assuming I'm in the first batch)!

Expansys changed the availabilty now to "Ordered on request". Not a very clear shipping date ;)

yup, but the order tracking says 1 day as estimated. Yesterday, it was 2 days, so i don't really understand expansys.... but the Modaco offer was always "on request".

Guest Paul (MVP)

Yes, the MoDaCo offer was always 'ordered on request' due to a technicality with how the MoDaCo flyer is including in the package, but that makes no difference to the actual shipping date.

eXpansys are getting stock today, and will ship a quantity of orders today.

Here's hoping lots of MoDaCo Special Offer orders make it in ;)

P

Guest Syphon Filter

Interestingly,

Both the modaco special and the vanilla version are now "ordered upon request" at expansys.

EDIT:

Just placed my order...when will it ship, nobody knows...;)

Hopefully sooner rather than later!

EDIT 2:

Ah sweet...

On my tracking thing the TyTN II is now showing as in stock, the only item still in limbo is the following:

"eXpansys Services MoDaCo Offer - Ordered on request "

Could it really be here by tomorrow?!

Edited by Syphon Filter

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.