Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

To the guys who've been using smartphones over the last year or so, do you know how much your average usage is? Do you end up using more than 120mb a month?

sorry to ask this again, but this would be the deciding factor as to whether I commit to a new contract with vodafone who are offering 120mb net usage.

thanks again

Guest Syphon Filter
Yes, the MoDaCo item shows as 'ordered on request' due to the part of the process that means putting my flyer in the box. Fear not ;)

P

Yeah I figured as much...I hope the TyTN II comes in as nice a package as I think the Touch comes in.

Guest Webreaper

Two things.

1. Spoke to Voda today, they said that the v1615 will be available from the 17th Sept, and (I'm sceptical about this) the handset will be free for £35 tariffs (but he wasn't 100% sure).

2. Paul, did you see my message about the Modaco/Expansys/Voda contract deals? Can you find out what the deal is on the data with the tariffs?

I'm thinking that I may just plump for the Voda deal if it's that much cheaper than Expansys (on the basis that having waited 8 months, another 2 weeks won't matter).

Guest Special2k3

Paul, please, i need your help.

According to this arcticle http://www.dreisechzig.net/wp/archives/944

Can you please see if you have a hidden file called "XXXXXXXX.kmap.txt" in your windows dir in the kaiser?

Perhaps you need Total Commander to see this hidden File.

If this file is there, i know, if i can buy a UK Kaiser and patch the file to a german keyboard layout ;)

Thank you

Special2k3

Edited by Special2k3

Not any more. Just spoken to them, they've all gone out now. Next delivery on the 14th....

Your joking....Its showing as 179 tytn II's and 70 for the modaco offer on the site.

I'm just waiting on an official line from Expansys head honchos, watch this space! I'm doing everything I can to get them in your hands people ;)

P

Nice one:D

Cheers Paul

Guest Webreaper

Okay, the contracts lady at Expansys has confirmed, you can add a 120MB/month bolt-on to all of the voda contracts listed on the site for £7.50.

My only decision now is whether I want to tie into a £42/month contract for 12-18 months. ;)

Guest steveoidm

All cancelled with expansys and gone with devicewire.. I pre-ordered as soon as it appeared on expansys but it seems it isn't first come first served... Must be random then! Was told on the phone mine definitely wouldnt be sent today.. Hope Paul can sort it out for everyone else!

All cancelled with expansys and gone with devicewire.. I pre-ordered as soon as it appeared on expansys but it seems it isn't first come first served... Must be random then! Was told on the phone mine definitely wouldnt be sent today.. Hope Paul can sort it out for everyone else!

Are devicewire next day delivery?....Never orderd from them before .what are they like with delivery?

Edited by J273

Guest Syphon Filter
Ive just checked my order tracking again and mines showing:

Ready to ship

This order has completed processing and is waiting to be packed and shipped.

Ah shhhhhhhhveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, mine is showing "Ready to Ship" as well.

Surely this means despatch today for arrival tomorrow...blingin' baby.

Ah shhhhhhhhveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, mine is showing "Ready to Ship" as well.

Surely this means despatch today for arrival tomorrow...blingin' baby.

Hopefully.

Ive got my finger on F5 on the tracking page ;)

Damn.. Jumped too quickly ;) Dont listen to what expansys lady tells you on the phone! Hopefully we will all have tomorrow...

Whats yours saying on the tracking page?

Edited by J273

Guest Syphon Filter
Is there a way to write characters like ü,ö,ä,ß with the english keyboard?

Special2k3

There;s a "symbol" mode that allows you to enter such characters, there's always a way of holding one of the function or shift keys that lets you do it too I believe.

EDIT:

ok just tried it. Basically you press the letter shape you want for example "U"

Then you hold the function key and press the space bar...that will change the normal U into the variation that you spoke of...

Edited by Syphon Filter

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.