Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Special2k3
There;s a "symbol" mode that allows you to enter such characters, there's always a way of holding one of the function or shift keys that lets you do it too I believe.

Now, i have the German vario I and when i push o and then FN+Space, i get an ö.

I would like to know if this is also possible on an englisch layout without having to use the symbol mode with the stylus.

EDIT:

Syphon Filter: You tried it with an UK Kaiser?

Special2k3

Edited by Special2k3

Guest Syphon Filter
Now, i have the German vario I and when i push o and then FN+Space, i get an ö.

I would like to know if this is also possible on an englisch layout without having to use the symbol mode with the stylus.

EDIT:

Syphon Filter: You tried it with an UK Kaiser?

Special2k3

No I tried it on my UK M3100/TyTN. Seems to work fine, I dont see why it would be any different on the TyTN II. Relax, I reckon it will work ;)

My expansys order has shipped too :wub:

Guest Paul (MVP)

MoDaCo preorders are shipping!

There is no guarantee they'll all go out today, but around 80% have already shipped and i'm optimistic the rest will make it in ;)

P

Guest Syphon Filter

There is no guarantee they'll all go out today, but around 80% have already shipped and i'm optimistic the rest will make it in ;)

P

I think mine made it, I have a Royal Mail tracking order, should be here pre-9am tomorrow I guess...

Guest Syphon Filter

P

I think mine made it, I have a Royal Mail tracking order, should be here pre-9am tomorrow I guess...

Guest FlangeArtist
I'm just waiting on an official line from Expansys head honchos, watch this space! I'm doing everything I can to get them in your hands people ;)

P

Thanks Paul...Will keep you posted as to the delivery of my MoDaCo order :-) Bring it on!

Mine is shipped. Placed a pre-order on Modaco Pack via PayPal on 2nd September.

Waiting for it and hoping for the next 2 days (DHL ships to Hungary about 1 business days (same as FedEx) if it's really shipped yet and will fly with the night flight).

BTW... is there any tracking ID for the package?

Guest Hightech

Has there been a phone in History that has had so much buzz around it like the Kaiser has and with this many pages in a forum.... I will have to wait to the second batch to get mine... In Mobileplanet is states 5 in stock..

Guest Paul (MVP)

I think both this thread and what I hear from the stores confirm this is probably the most anticipated device ever?

Maybe because it seems like we've waited so long.

Maybe because we knew so much about it for so long before it launched. ;)

P

I think both this thread and what I hear from the stores confirm this is probably the most anticipated device ever?

Maybe because it seems like we've waited so long.

Maybe because we knew so much about it for so long before it launched. ;)

I think this is one of the cheapest PRing that HTC made:

1. Prepare a promising device.

2. Publish an useful beta device.

3. Wait.

4. Publish after a several months.

And you don't have to pay for marketing in the early states :wub:

Paul, on the order page there is no DHL tracking ID, so i will contact with expansys.

Cheap PR? Free PR! They didn't even give me the device!

they have to made a webpage for the TyTN and do a 3D image from it as you can see on their webpage. That costs money ;)

Guest Syphon Filter

Its a combination of the build up and the promise of having such a fully loaded device...

Ok, so it lacks a couple of things that other devices have, VGA screen etc....but overall...its so well spec'd and feature rich, in a package size/weight that wont destroy the cut of your suit. It's a great device from a company that has been doing this for a long while.

Paul,

Does the new homesceren plugin render SPB Mobileshell a bit useless?

I currently have SPB Diary, mobileshell and pocketplus installed onmy M3100...which in conjunction with rltoday and a small clock/shortcuts thing I made for it make my device really usable day to day....

EDIT:

do you fancy doing a quick "must have apps/tweaks" thread as you did for the Hermes when that came out? It was really useful to have...also do you stilll need the tray tweaks to remove the com manager and battery monitor from the bottom tray on the screen?

Edited by Syphon Filter

Guest RSVRover

Wow - Expansys are really on the ball. Order placed @ 04/09/2007 11:56 London UK Time, status shows as shipped !

I really dudn't expect it to be that quick !

Guest Paul (MVP)

Yup, i've had a line of commnication open with eXpansys all day just making sure everything ran smoothly.

Huge credit to all at eXpansys for getting the MoDaCo preorders out at the earliest possible opportunity!

P

Yup, i've had a line of commnication open with eXpansys all day just making sure everything ran smoothly.

Huge credit to all at eXpansys for getting the MoDaCo preorders out at the earliest possible opportunity!

P

Hey thanks again Paul for setting all this up

If i lived closer to Norwich id buy you a pint or 2 ;)

Guest Syphon Filter
Order Placed - 04/09/2007 14:30 London UK Time

Now for possibly the longest 24-48 hours of this whole ordeal ;)

lol,

Expansys are still showing over a 100 units in stock.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.