TomTom on Kaiser how to

Guest sc0user_75

Thanks Mandt. Erm, where do I find the Root of the card?

I'm guessing I'll need to use a registry editor to place in Root of Folder?

Or is the Root of the folder where ALL the other folders have been placed? (My Documents, Programe Files, Others etc?)

Or is the Root of the folder where ALL the other folders have been placed? (My Documents, Programe Files, Others etc?)

Exactly, just put it straight on the card, and not in any sub-folder

Guest sc0user_75
Exactly, just put it straight on the card, and not in any sub-folder

Thanks Mandt. Did that... but still no luck :(

I may have installed something incorrectly.

When I get a chance later, I'll list all the files I have for tomtom. Would you be able to then guide me through the installation process please, dude?

Guest fsum242

I just bought a 8925 and tomtom 6.203 but i am installing it from the SD card. i cant get it to work at all. i copied the tomtom info on to the sd card and can install it on to the phone but it does not work - says 'no maps found' and it doesnt give me the same options as listed in this post - it doesnt offer to 'configure the GPS select other NMEA GPS receiver Click select' its like it skips that step. i dont know if this is even an issue but locating maps are! my friend has it working on his 8525 with the external receiver in the same format.

i created 3 folders under the tomtom folder on the SD card - total size is 1.6gb

1. north america 675

2. tomtom 6.2 cab file

3. alternative voices

i've tried installing the map folder in various locations - 1. the root folder on the SD card (first folder on card - shared with program files and tomtom folders) 2. to leave the folders in that order on the sd card and 3. put everything into the tomtom navigation (once it was installed) just to see if tomtom is looking in a direct folder. nothing!

i have installed tomtom to storage card not the device (but i did try that as well and same thing obviously leaving the tomtom info on the SD card)

Any ideas? any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Sean

Getting TomTom to work on the Kaiser.

1) Install Tom Tom on your device the version I used was 6.030

2) When configuring the GPS select other NMEA GPS receiver Click select

3) GPS baud rate should be left on default which is 4800 click done

4) Kaisers GPS works on com4 if setup correct you will see a orange led light which flashes every 6-8 seconds.

There you have it enjoy TomTom on your Kaiser 

Screen captures below. I was in my house and it picks up two satellites which is pretty good.

You will require a GPS enabled rom, I had some good news this morning it looks like HTC are trying to get a deal with TomTom and the Kaiser will be released in to flavours standard/pro. Standard will included no GPS software but GPS enabled and the Pro will included TomTom and maps for you region so there will be two prices. This deal is not set in stone but very close. This deal will be great for HTC and TomTom :-)

Well I was out most of last night in the car testing it and it works perfectly HTC are on to a real winner. This phone is in a different league to the Iphone.

8925_2.bmp

Edited by fsum242

Guest sc0user_75

Finally!!! I got it installed :)

Now, one more question please folks... Can someone please explain the safety camera options and the differences: Single, Consolidated, and Zoned. Also, which would be best to use :D

Thanks

Guest andythomas1

Guys,

thinking of buying the orange version of the Kaiser

does this come with the taster tomtom on the cd?

if not does anyone no the link to get it from the htc site?

at the moment i have tomtom 5 on my m600 with all the europe maps

I am\presuming that i cant use these maps with tt6

i have used up my activations on the tt5 so i cant get the upgrade

if i can get tt5 working on the kaiser would i be able to use the inbuilt gps?

or would i be best off just getting the whole new tt6?

if i can get the cd or the link i am presuming that i will save some pennies

many thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question about the "One free City" Download. If I install TTN6 from the Kaiser disk and download one free city, but then clear my memory card can I get it back, or if I install a new ROM can I download it again? Basically, is there anything to prevent you from downloading a city more than once?

Has anyone else had a problem with the performance when routing on TomTom 6? I have the Orange TyTn II version.

When I first installed the software I noticed when travelling along the display looked a little smoother than when I had it installed on my trinity but then when I tried to plan the first route it took between 5 and 10 minutes to figure out a 250 mile route whereas on the trinity it was less than a minute. Also, if I attempt to do anything while it is routing, the menus are all very slow

When travelling down the M6 the other day I asked it to avoid an accident and again it took about 10 min to re-route. Luckily I knew enough of the detour not to get lost but I can imagine this would be a nightmare if I didn't know where I was going.

• 2 months later...
Guest SuebyDoo

Hey fsum242

Did you managed to resolve this problem. I had everything working fine on my HTC TyTN II for the last year. TomTom has been great with no problems. Then last week I upgraded my SD card from 4GB to 8GB. I copied all the folders over (which when I did this from my 2GB to my 4GB card it worked fine). The TyTN II can see all the files through the file manager but whenever I try and run tomtom I am suddenly getting the same error message as below.

Any ideas?

I just bought a 8925 and tomtom 6.203 but i am installing it from the SD card. i cant get it to work at all. i copied the tomtom info on to the sd card and can install it on to the phone but it does not work - says 'no maps found' and it doesnt give me the same options as listed in this post - it doesnt offer to 'configure the GPS select other NMEA GPS receiver Click select' its like it skips that step. i dont know if this is even an issue but locating maps are! my friend has it working on his 8525 with the external receiver in the same format.

i created 3 folders under the tomtom folder on the SD card - total size is 1.6gb

1. north america 675

2. tomtom 6.2 cab file

3. alternative voices

i've tried installing the map folder in various locations - 1. the root folder on the SD card (first folder on card - shared with program files and tomtom folders) 2. to leave the folders in that order on the sd card and 3. put everything into the tomtom navigation (once it was installed) just to see if tomtom is looking in a direct folder. nothing!

i have installed tomtom to storage card not the device (but i did try that as well and same thing obviously leaving the tomtom info on the SD card)

Any ideas? any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Sean