HTC TyTN WM6 ROM released by HTC Europe

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest finisterre

If I flash this to my Vario II will there be any way I can reinstall (the supplied free by T-Mobile version of) Spb GPRS Monitor?

Guest hotphil

Doesn't that come on the CD with the handset? It did with my Vario - you should be able to resintall it. Don't know whether it will work with WM6.

Guest Bozze
Finally... it's here... the Windows Mobile 6 ROMs for the HTC TyTN (Hermes) have been posted by HTC Europe!

The official statement...

The following files are available immediately by logging into the HTC e-club...

Enjoy :)

P

Have anyone managed to download the Swedish version yet??? HTC_TyTN_SVE_3.54.263.2_102_6275_1.47.00.10_108.exe

It only tells me that I´m not logged in.

Tryed on HTC homepage and registerd but ther is no files for TYTN it says.

Guest finisterre
Doesn't that come on the CD with the handset? It did with my Vario - you should be able to resintall it. Don't know whether it will work with WM6.

It's not on my CD. I'm pretty sure it installed itself on first power-up of the Vario II. Does that mean it would have been in the Extended ROM?

I've now flashed the Tytn WM6 WWE ROM and all seems well. Does this mean I've overwritten the Extended ROM? If not, is there any way I can reinstall Spb GPRS Monitor from it?

Thx.

Guest NikLP

Can we get some clarification on this?

This is for a Hermes-type device, for sure - does it WORK on non-HTC BRANDED devices? Is it a legal upgrade path, for e.g. Orange users?

If the upgrade can be applied, what other steps must be taken in order to accomplish this successfully?

Any other information gladly received (in lieu of the fact I am now on my SEVENTH M3100, and have another fault already (brand new unit!))

Guest psionandy
It's not on my CD. I'm pretty sure it installed itself on first power-up of the Vario II. Does that mean it would have been in the Extended ROM?

Thx.

It is on the CD... it's part of the optional stuff you can install

Guest finisterre
Can we get some clarification on this?

This is for a Hermes-type device, for sure - does it WORK on non-HTC BRANDED devices? Is it a legal upgrade path, for e.g. Orange users?

If the upgrade can be applied, what other steps must be taken in order to accomplish this successfully?

Any other information gladly received (in lieu of the fact I am now on my SEVENTH M3100, and have another fault already (brand new unit!))

It will work on any device if the device has been made SuperCID. Mine became SuperCID when I SIM unlocked it. If yours isn't, I believe HardSPL will make it so. Google for MrVanx's site which has a HardSPL guide. I flashed HardSPL to mine, and then just ran the Tytn download. Then I ran a CAB that put the T-Mobile settings back. There's also a CAB for Orange operator settings (see the xda-developers.com WIKI to find it). Good luck!

P.S. I am very much a novice at this, but that's what I did. Don't blame me if it goes wrong!

Edited by finisterre

Guest finisterre
It is on the CD... it's part of the optional stuff you can install

Maybe you have a different version of the CD to me. Mine is Version A 08/2006. Could you tell me the directory path where it resides. Thanks.

Edited by finisterre

Guest sketchmasterx

Well i used the free SuperCID link and it worked so i flashed my m3100 with the HTC ROM and it works fine, it was a toss up between having WM6 or a warranty and to be honest if this phone breaks again im changing it so i thought what the hell and gave it a go. Just got to find the orange settings and im sorted.

If Orange do release a ROM in to future im guessing i can just flash that back over the top, prior to sending it back on any warranty claims? (unless it's really dead.

Guest florincostescu
This is for HTC TYTN DEVICES ONLY.

P

Paul,

can you offer me a hint for using it on my M3100(with the latest Orange UK WM5 upgrade on it)? I have SIM/CD unlocked it yesterday but still error 260(connection lost).

Guest RAJMARLD

Hi Paul,

I tried downloading the new WM6 rom for the HTC TyTN from the list you gave but it now asks for a username and password which it did not yesterday. Also when I did manage to get it to downlad yesterday it kept failing half way through and was very slow (probably because to many people are downloading it).

I would really appreciate it if you could send me another link where I can download the the english version of WM6 from. I live in the UK and use the T-Mobile network on my phone (MDA Vario II).

Regards

Raj

Guest finisterre
the link gives a 404 - has anyone got the new url for this page assuming it exists still? Sounds v useful as none of the cab solutions seem to have everything nailed.

I just clicked the link and got taken to the page.

Guest weeerob
Paul,

can you offer me a hint for using it on my M3100(with the latest Orange UK WM5 upgrade on it)? I have SIM/CD unlocked it yesterday but still error 260(connection lost).

I kept getting this issue yesterday on my Vario II. Did the unlocking deinfetly work? I found it took several goes and a bit of messing about to get it going. I think what happened was that the instructions for the unlock wasn't clear and at one point where the programme it runs says create an active sync connection after you've booted up with the tri-colour screen, you don't actually do that, just check the check box and proceed and I think that worked.

Then when I did the ROM update I did the same process again with the tri-colour boot before running it and that got it working. I hope that makes sense. Keep trying and I'm sure you'll manage it. The unlock programme seems slightly hit and miss.

Rob.

Guest steven levy
You might be waiting for ever for that one...

P

HI all

I have upgraded my SPV 3100 using one of the roms that you can find out there and there was no problem if you do a search for Mrvanx he provides all the info you need

Guest redwoodsnemesis
I don't know what country you are in but the individual files by operator and country are further down that page. Forget the first link to the HTC page.

Im in denmark - and there is no link listed for denmark :)

Guest captindude

Can anyone provide me a mirror link for de dutch (NL) version, My download gets stuck every time between 75 and 80 or so %. Thanks

Guest dreamweavel
I don't know what country you are in but the individual files by operator and country are further down that page. Forget the first link to the HTC page.

non of those seem to address all operator settings issues

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.