The official 'I got my TyTN II thread'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Everton1878
As a TomTom reseller, you can buy full version UK & IE, Western Europe, Australia, or USA & Canada from me. All full version 6.75 (latest) and street level detail with Navigator 6 software (included as free with the maps). I may be able to cut you a deal as a fellow Kaiser fanatic!

Before you ask, I don't cover anything else! If you need something weird like Hong Kong or South Africa, you'll have to pay the full price from TomTom.

Chris

By the way, when I finally get hold of the Kaiser on the 18th, I'll test all the TomTom maps in it and review the performance here if you think it's helpful.

What can you do UK&IE for? ;)

Argghhhhhhh, got mine today, green stuck pixel just off centre! Running a video pixel clearer overnight, anyone know HTC's policy on pixels?

I would go to a vendor for replacement straight away.

Guest pestekkorna

Do someone know if there are main differences between the US and the European versions of the device?

Just curiosity (I'd like to purchaise mine on a US site but I'm in France...).

Thank you!

;)

Peste

Guest Hightech
Do someone know if there are main differences between the US and the European versions of the device?

Thank you!

;)

Peste

If I were you go with the EU vision I have it and it is great.. The US one will need to buy from a carrier like AT&T and it will not have the same feature so I have been told. Must of the time carriers take out feature and place there branding on the phone which mean it is crap.. Just to give you example I have the HTC Star Tek thats what was call when it was fist release now it is call Clamshell Smartphone ( I just went to the HTC and they are calling it that) the same phone but at&t one which is the 3125 and it was full of software crap.. AT&T for what I hear may take out one of the cam it comes with two cam the EU one. I say it is worth the money to get the EU one..

Guest pestekkorna
If I were you go with the EU vision I have it and it is great.. The US one will need to buy from a carrier like AT&T and it will not have the same feature so I have been told. Must of the time carriers take out feature and place there branding on the phone which mean it is crap.. Just to give you example I have the HTC Star Tek thats what was call when it was fist release now it is call Clamshell Smartphone ( I just went to the HTC and they are calling it that) the same phone but at&t one which is the 3125 and it was full of software crap.. AT&T for what I hear may take out one of the cam it comes with two cam the EU one. I say it is worth the money to get the EU one..

Thank you for your anwser!

Actually I think it is an unbranded unlocked phone and the price, even including shipping via fedex, remains interesting.

630€ instead of 750 in europe (and including memory card, car charger and screen protection).

I don't know...

Peste

Guest Syphon Filter
They refused to switch it. Guess I'm stuck with it

Call HTC, its a long shot but they may be able to help you directly...I don't know what their policy is on stuck pixels.

Thank you!

;)

Peste

As far as I know there is no "US" version for sale here yet. The US websites selling the unlocked TyTN II are selling the UK model. I got mine from Elite-Electronix (in Florida) for USD $799.95. It was scheduled for delivery on 9/13 but I got it a day early on the 12th and it's wonderful! They shipped a UK to US A/C plug adapter with it (free of course). I know others have had some bad customer service but my experience with them has been great (so far).

Guest zachto_man
I absolutely love this phone ... my only gripe is that the ActiveSync keeps launching on the phone ... it seems that whenever I check the task manager (every few minutes) this program has started (the phone is just sitting on my desk) ... is there anyway to disable the activesyn from automatically turning on? ... I am thinking may when I lose GPRS or Edge or 3G service and re-gain it that the activesyn kicks in?

Anyone else experiencing or noticing this?

I see this happening also. Every time I look at the task list active sync is running and I keep turning it off. I don't know if it is a problem but it is annoying.

Guest Everton1878
I see this happening also. Every time I look at the task list active sync is running and I keep turning it off. I don't know if it is a problem but it is annoying.

I find that I often have to close it before I try to sync with the Windows Mobile Device Centre ;)

Guest zachto_man
I find that I often have to close it before I try to sync with the Windows Mobile Device Centre ;)

Does any one out there have a way to turn activesync off until it is wanted? I have looked throught the menus and nothing sems to touch on that.

Call HTC, its a long shot but they may be able to help you directly...I don't know what their policy is on stuck pixels.

Surely a stuck pixel is a valid reason for a refund/exchange!!!

I thought that products <7 days from purchase had to be exchanged by the vendor in the event that it was faulty.

Kick up a fuss about it - you don't want a stuck pixel on a brand new device.

Guest xklipschx
Does any one out there have a way to turn activesync off until it is wanted? I have looked throught the menus and nothing sems to touch on that.

I've looked everywhere as well and I can't seem to find anything to turn it off

Has anyone received a TyTn II with no TomTom? I looked through both CDs and couldn't find the software. Neither of the CDs were labelled with TomTom either. Bought mine from handtec.co.uk

EDIT: uploaded photo of the Applications CD. No TomTom listed! Also, I noted that the box seal was broken when I received it, I didn't check until later because it was all nicely courier wrapped and I had to rush off... should I send it back?

post-14235-1190155899_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dooks

Guest Syphon Filter

Is that the only CD that came with yours? I'm not at home but I am pretty sure mine came with two CD's which look almost identical except one has a little tomtom logo on it.

Also how long has it been since you receieved it? The vendor may say you've left it too long to report the issue?? Give them a call and see what they say, the fact that the seal was broken is a little worrying.

I received two aswell. One with all the applications (TomTom Taster, GPRS data monitor software, sprite back-up) And the WM 6 disc

i did receive the wm6 cd as well, neither had tomtom labelled on it. calling them soon!

Guest Barbican

I received my TyTnII yesterday from Handtec having oredered it on Monday and the seal on the box was also slit and although there were two CDs in the box, neither included TomTom, in particular the additional applications CD with Sprite, etc did not do so. I notice Handtec has just reduced the price by £25 since I bought it - now £440 with free delivery. I will also ring Handtec tomorrow to ask what happened to the TomTom software - as they say on the website for the phone currently:

"GPS

- Internal GPS antenna

- Standalone GPS and A-GPS mode

- TomTom Navigator 6 Taster Edition"

If it is hidden somewhere, please let me know.

That apart, so far I have been very happy with the TyTnII, having moved from a T-Mobile MDA Pro. I do miss the screen resolution of the MDA Pro but applications such as e-mail have worked very well and much faster than before. TomTom apart I have no real gripes - the screen resolution can hopefully be cured in future with an upgrade.

Crazy off-topic OCD question:

The TyTN II is the Kaiser, no? And soon to be the Tilt?

I'm just trying to wrap my head around these forums - if I were to look for news about this device, or post a question about this device, would I do that under:

"Newsroom -> Pocket PC (Professional) News"

or

"Pocket PC/Windows Mobile Professional (Touchscreen) -> Pocket PC Device Specific -> HTC Kaiser - Kaiser.MoDaCo.com"

or...?

Guest xorangefirex

I just got my TyTn II today, and it is absolutely fantastic. No missing pixels no nothing. I do need help in changing the weather to Fahrenheit since it is in celcius now. I can read celcius just fine, but I would prefer it to be in fahrenheit. I really appreciate any help you can give me.

Guest NuShrike

xorangefirex:

page 36 of your manual.

Has anyone received a TyTn II with no TomTom? I looked through both CDs and couldn't find the software. Neither of the CDs were labelled with TomTom either. Bought mine from handtec.co.uk

EDIT: uploaded photo of the Applications CD. No TomTom listed! Also, I noted that the box seal was broken when I received it, I didn't check until later because it was all nicely courier wrapped and I had to rush off... should I send it back?

You got ripped somehow:

post-284804-1190251143_thumb.jpg

Edited by NuShrike

Guest tassos avramidis

i got my TYTN II on friday from superiorgadgets.com and i didnt get the tomtom cd on mine either only sprite backup and gprs monitor i tried using my tomtom from my tytn but it wouldnt let me ,it wont activate the maps on my tytn II i guess i have to buy them again which really sucks .

Not sure if this will do what you want, but you can set your active sync to manual this way:

Open Active Sync,

Choose Menu and Schedule,

Set Peak Times and Off-peak times to manual.

Alternatively you can adjust your peak times so active sync is only on at the times that you want it on.

Perhaps this is not what you're looking for, but it is a nice way to keep your phone from alerting you to new emails before you get up in the morning if you charge it on the night stand like I do.

I just got my TyTN II from Superior Gadgets as well and TomTom is nowhere to be seen either. I was looking everywhere for it too and the manual says nothing about it. Could this be a demographics issue? and depends on where our suppliers got their stock???

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.