The official 'I got my TyTN II thread'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Manni01

Hi and congrats to the happy owners of the new toy!

A few questions which have not been answered yet (AFAIK):

- How does the Tytn II play videos with TCPMP? Say a DivX in 640x480 @ 1500k/s like the Matrix trailer in high quality? I guess most people coming from a VGA pda would like to know if they have to forget about watching films or if it's an option on the Tytn II.

- What's the battery life like?

- More feedback on GSM reception/call quality (after all, it's primarily a phone!)

- Benchmark of the 4GB HDSC (r/w speed)

- Does the voice dialing work well, and does it work through a BT handset?

Thanks for all the info!

Howdy. Mike here from Hamilton Ontario Canada. I have my TyTN II now (yay!) and I'm charging it up for the first time. I was in meetings in Toronto all day or else I'd have skipped out to play with this puppy sooner.... I bet I'm one of only a handful of people in Canada to have chased one of these down so early... I find being an early adopter isnt such a bad thing... technology is something that actually pays you if you are an IT professional. :-)

The phone detected the Rogers network no problem and immediately came up with 3G indication. I live in an area that supports the higher HSDPA speeds.. so I'll be placing a phone call to Rogers right now to get on a data plan.

First impression is 100% drool factor. :-)

stanchion, where did you order your TyTN II?

Guest stanchion
stanchion, where did you order your TyTN II?

I purchased mine through Clove.co.uk.... delivery time was <48 hours through DHL... i did not get a bill for duty or customs fees, either. :-) (in fact the DHL waybill says $0.00 ...) a nice surprise for me actually...

Edited by stanchion

Guest Hightech
The eagle has landed... finally! Here in Seattle, Washington, all is well :wub:

Got mine this morning around 10am!

John J ;)

Hehehe good one the eagle has landed. Come guy we need pic for us the poor guy who do not have it yet. give us pic specially of the different screens and the nice wallpaper....

Guest mikeeey

John J ;)

lucky you. im waiting here in Everett for it to come out on AT&T.

Guest UnicornKaz
Managed to sync 4.5 to Tytn2 over Active Sync and wireless. No problems there!

:D

do you want to confirmed that ??? ;)

ever since WM5.0 ... NOBODY could activesync wireless ( BT yes, but not WIFI ) !!! MS crap ! :wub:

:D

Edited by UnicornKaz

Guest Sonicr360

Hi UnicornKaz

Err... yes - Can confirm it. I have also been able to sync with exchange for WM5 too. (using XDA Exec)

Never had a problem. and that is using wireless connection. If its not working, then how am I getting emails syncing every 15 mins ;)

Can anyone clarify about the "Remote Desktop" being in the Pro version of WM6 - is this meant to be present, or am I meant to be doing a download?

PAUL !!!! Anyone !!

Guest kathryncheng

hello paul,

Got mine yesterday... very happy... couldnt get rid of my hw6915 yet at the moment as iam waiting for any suggestion from you about the geotaging.... anything? TYTN II is fantastic though so far.. ;)

dennis

- What's the battery life like?

Hard to say after 2 days of hard-core playing with the phone, but I suspect it would be something like Hermes, which is around ~2 days while on 3G and ~3 days with 2G-only.

- More feedback on GSM reception/call quality (after all, it's primarily a phone!)

No problems so far.

- Does the voice dialing work well, and does it work through a BT handset?

As above. Voice dialling through headset works great.

Other questions skipped, as I don't know the answers. :)

just 3 Questions

1) can it do usb2 ?, as my m3100 is so slow at transfer data i end up using a memory card reader for big files

2) can i use my m3100 home charger with the tynt2 safely?, id imagine i should be able to

3) if the GPS is as bad as some seem to make out can i still use an external bluetooth GPs reciever?

ps .. http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/765/h...f00947eae919452 its the cheapest i could find and im very tempted

but still weighing up if the modaco special offer is worth the little extra or to wait and see what orange can do for me (only 2 months till my contracts up)

pps .. http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/14359.htm , for a few quid more you get a home charger

Edited by crusti

Guest Manni01
Other questions skipped, as I don't know the answers. ;)

Thanks very much for the reply! :wub:

Hope someone will be able to test video performance...

EDIT: Matt seems to be pretty happy with video perf: http://www.tracyandmatt.co.uk/blogs/index...._tytn_ii_review

Anyone able to test micro SD perf and confirm if voice dial works from a BT headset (ie no need to get the TytnII out to make a phone call)?

Edited by Manni01

1) can it do usb2 ?, as my m3100 is so slow at transfer data i end up using a memory card reader for big files

I don't know - I never use USB to transfer files. Only Bluetooth or memory card reader.

2) can i use my m3100 home charger with the tynt2 safely?, id imagine i should be able to

Haven't tried, but should work. It's just USB, which mean the voltage/current should always be the same, regardless if it's charger or regular USB cable.

3) if the GPS is as bad as some seem to make out can i still use an external bluetooth GPs reciever?

Should work, but... why? I think GPS is really OK. I've tested iGO satnav software today on my way to work in the morning - no problems at all.

ps .. http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/765/h...f00947eae919452 its the cheapest i could find and im very tempted

but still weighing up if the modaco special offer is worth the little extra or to wait and see what orange can do for me (only 2 months till my contracts up)

Wow, they went down with price already! I've bought mine from handtec for £474 incl. postage. I was also tempted with MoDaCo+expansys offer, but frankly - it was £497 incl. delivery, and I don't really need all these extras inluded in the offer... Sorry Paul. ;)

Guest burrzoo
I've tested iGO satnav software today on my way to work in the morning - no problems at all.

hey Evad,

Do you prefer the iGO software over TomTom? Whichever you feel is better could you please list a few reasons why?

Thanks so much for allowing us to live vicariously through you and your new TyTn 2!

Guest GordonTGopher
I looked and I could find nothing similar at :

http://www.america.htc.com/work_play/default.html

And entering Tom Tom into the search bar gives no result.

:D is it possible that the US version of the device won't have the taster version? I guess going direct to TomTom.com is next best plan :wub:

Hope you find them ;)

Gordon

I can't see the kaiser on the US site, maybe the appropriate links will appear when it's on the site :D

Edited by GordonTGopher

Guest James Muir

John J ;)

I imagine you are on AT&T. What settings are you using to connect? Or did you just slip in your previous SIM?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.