The official 'I got my TyTN II thread'

Guest PaulOBrien

wowwwwwwwww, please, more photos with the kaiser camera at maximum quality settings!!

Here you go.. just a few from my way back home, and the last at home. I am really impressed with that camera!

There is only one annoyance with camera I've noticed - each picture taken is by default rotated 90-degrees clockwise, so I need to manually rotate them after exporting to computer but before publishing. Is that a bug or a feature???

post-206478-1189024010_thumb.jpg

post-206478-1189024037_thumb.jpg

post-206478-1189024070_thumb.jpg

post-206478-1189024101_thumb.jpg

post-206478-1189024133_thumb.jpg

Edited by evad

Guest Paul (MVP)

That's a camera bug. Still no geotagging camera function in the final ROM either ;)

Unfortunately I couldn't feed this stuff back to HTC pre launch because I wasn't testing on their behalf, and had no way to get info back to them!

P

Guest NuShrike
Here you go.. just a few from my way back home, and the last at home. I am really impressed with that camera!
Looks like the sensor is a bit noisy, low-res (hence the low edge detail) due to lack of good lenses, and contrast is off. Wouldn't do too well at dpreview.com, but looks very usable for a cellphone camera; absolutely fabulous for those "need a picture of this" pictures, and destroys what I've seen from my cellphone on a good day. Edited by NuShrike

There is only one annoyance with camera I've noticed - each picture taken is by default rotated 90-degrees clockwise, so I need to manually rotate them after exporting to computer but before publishing. Is that a bug or a feature???

Thanks for posting some photos..

The last photo seems the best one, and the light conditions are possible the worst...

Did you setup the camera for use finest jpeg compression?, The fact is that pauls review photos seem much better in therms of quality!!... have the lens been changed!

Edited by Pepeto

Did you setup the camera for use finest jpeg compression?

Resolution max, quality super fine. Regarding the last photo - white balance set to 'bulb' light (I don't remember correct term).

Guest sc0user_75

Has anyone tried syncing there phone to a Mac? I know Paul has.

Question I want to ask is, how good is the sync? Any problems? My N95 syncs quite well, but Anniversaries don't sync across too well. EG if I put in an Anniversary on the phone and then synch everything over to my Mac, and then back from Mac to phone, the Anniversaries then show as Meetings - where the start time is 0:00 hours and end time is 0:00 hours. So the message comes up on screen for all of 1 minute!!! (hope what I just said made sense ;) )

Guest Jonne70

Sorry, but I personally think those and other pictures I've seen taken with the final version of Kaiser look rather awful. :wub: They are are very blurry, the colors are totally off, contrast is very bad, and they lack detail. Actually I think the camera is one of my biggest disappointments with Kaiser. Compare for example with pictures on Flickr taken with Apple Iphone. Iphone has a 2 megapixel camera and no options, and still it takes pictures with way better color accuracy, detail and sharpness. ;)

Sorry, but I personally think those and other pictures I've seen taken with the final version of Kaiser look rather awful. :wub: They are are very blurry, the colors are totally off, contrast is very bad, and they lack detail. Actually I think the camera is one of my biggest disappointments with Kaiser. Compare for example with pictures on Flickr taken with Apple Iphone. Iphone has a 2 megapixel camera and no options, and still it takes pictures with way better color accuracy, detail and sharpness. ;)

I agree with you, pauls photos seem to be GREAT, but the photos from the kaiser final version dont feel the same.... will it be the photograper?? ;-) , configuration??

Guest desmondiwang

Hello everyone..

This is a little bit off the topic.. Sorry..

I am currently a T-mobile USA customer so, I would like to know whether T-mobile USA will release HTC Kaiser(T-mobile Vario III?) this year in US? If yes, when?

I think if the release is before 10/15, then I will wait for the T-mobile. However, if not, I am gonna buy a unlocked one. Thanks.

Guest codemann

I'm from Belgium but pre-ordered a UK TyTN II (more and easier firmware upgrades).

Just one question, can someone here from the UK check if the dictionary on your device has the Dutch/Nederlands language?

Thanks a lot!

Sorry, but I personally think those and other pictures I've seen taken with the final version of Kaiser look rather awful. :o They are are very blurry, the colors are totally off, contrast is very bad, and they lack detail. Actually I think the camera is one of my biggest disappointments with Kaiser. Compare for example with pictures on Flickr taken with Apple Iphone. Iphone has a 2 megapixel camera and no options, and still it takes pictures with way better color accuracy, detail and sharpness. :mellow:

Don't get me wrong, in general I think cameras in mobile phones are just crap and would never be as good as regular cameras (at least as long, as they have plastic and crap lenses). However, comparing Kaiser's camera quality with Hermes, or literally any other phone I've had - it's really great. And while I will always favor regular cameras over camera-phones, there are situations and circumstances when camera-phone is quite useful, so regarding that kind of need Kaiser's phone is impressive (IMVHO, of course ;).

still no review from any user that has the phone? how come no one talks about the touch flo technology?

Kaiser has TouchFLO limited to finger scrolling only, no 3D cube - which is quite ok IMHO, as I found 3D cube feature quite useless, frankly (I've been playing a while with TouchFLO a bit on my HTC Wizard, after flashing to WM6).

Guest m3100tony
Dear All,

I am intreaged that so many of you appear to be buying these devices. What contracts are you all on?

I figured most people on here would be on a contract, and hence get these devices free when they are up for an upgrade (typically in month 9 of a 12 month contract for £35/month contracts on orange). Whats the deal here - why are you all buying your Kaiser when you could get this free (probably)?

If you are on SIM only deals or on pay as you go, are there any good unlimited data deals out there.

P.s. anyone know when the Kaiser is on orange!!

Thanks

Evad - nice pictures. Much better than the TYTN camera, though it will not replace a real camera!

ARE ALL YOU GUYS ON PAYG OR SIM ONLY DEALS?!?! (sorry for shouting, I really want my Kaiser and orange are still denying all knowledge of this phone ;) )

Guest Mikeyb50
http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/HTC_Kaiser#Hardware

http://www.htc.com/support/pdf/htctytnII/K..._Manual_web.pdf page 261 (SD 2.0 = SDHC)

It is weird HTC doesn't label it explicitly as SDHC, but calling it "compatible".

I got my TyTN II yesterday having ordered it the day before, must say it's an awesome bit of kit got my microSDHC card prior to phone & it works fine. Can't fault the phone so far, build quality, weight, look & feel....HTC have the best looking variant of the phone, T-mobile, Orange etc can't improve on the looks i'm afraid but the HTc version if you can

Evad - nice pictures. Much better than the TYTN camera, though it will not replace a real camera!

It's a little bit off-topic, but the moment when I've started to actually see advantages of camera-phones was recent Notting Hill Carnival in London. I didn't bring my camera there, so I've ended up taking pictures with my wife's Sony Ericsson S500i - 'better these than nothing', I thought. But later on, while checking these pictures on my computer I was quite impressed, actually. I was expecting real crap, but in fact these pictures were excellent enough to resize them a bit and send off to friends and family back in Poland.

ARE ALL YOU GUYS ON PAYG OR SIM ONLY DEALS?!?! (sorry for shouting, I really want my Kaiser and orange are still denying all knowledge of this phone :angry: )

I am on T-Mobile UK contract and my upgrade is due next January - I was thinking to get Vario III of course, but I wasn't patient enough to wait such a long time for upgrade... ;)

Guest m3100tony
I am on T-Mobile UK contract and my upgrade is due next January - I was thinking to get Vario III of course, but I wasn't patient enough to wait such a long time for upgrade... ;)

Thanks Evad. Do you use one of the Web n Walk packages? If you use the 7.50 is it possible to conect via a PC via bluetooth (I know you are not meant to on this tarrif). Thanks

Thanks Evad. Do you use one of the Web n Walk packages? If you use the 7.50 is it possible to conect via a PC via bluetooth (I know you are not meant to on this tarrif).

T-Mobile's fair usage policy excludes that kind of usage, but technically it is possible. I think as long as you don't abuse it, like sucking lots of data each day, they don't mind. Well, at least I use it occasionally, and never had problems. Works the same also for pay as you go £1/day deal.

Guest damianbyrne

ARE ALL YOU GUYS ON PAYG OR SIM ONLY DEALS?!?! (sorry for shouting, I really want my Kaiser and orange are still denying all knowledge of this phone ;) )

Currently on a O2 PAYG (Rip-off) but I'm in the process of moving everyone at work over to Vodafone, we have 400 handsets so have bespoked pricing. but as a prsonal user I'd have done this anyway for the £25 per month unlimited data tariff

Guest m3100tony
Currently on a O2 PAYG (Rip-off) but I'm in the process of moving everyone at work over to Vodafone, we have 400 handsets so have bespoked pricing. but as a prsonal user I'd have done this anyway for the £25 per month unlimited data tariff

Thanks. Is there a concensus on who has the best coverage, and who has the best HSPDA (and HUSPDA) coverage out there?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.