(NOW AVAILABLE) New QVGA "PAH Vista" Homescreen themes

Guest paholman

Guest paholman
Hi paholman, did you know when your cab files are downable? It takes a long time to be signed a Modaco. If it takes longer pls send a mail. Thanks a lot! ;)

Hi,

It's approved and available for download now :wub:

Thanks

Hi, Thanks for the tips on the facade program earlier!!

Just one question: you said you updated the homescreen with a alarm off and icon on the same horizontal line as the carrier and wifi status. Also there is the text/voicemail/email counter NEXT to the time/date.

I've downloaded your latest CAB on the download page and it gives me the homescreen that looks like your first post and not the one in your updated one, which I described above.

Can you please upload that CAB or tell me how to configure it to look like the updated version??

THANK YOU!!!!!

Guest paholman
Hi, Thanks for the tips on the facade program earlier!!

Just one question: you said you updated the homescreen with a alarm off and icon on the same horizontal line as the carrier and wifi status. Also there is the text/voicemail/email counter NEXT to the time/date.

I've downloaded your latest CAB on the download page and it gives me the homescreen that looks like your first post and not the one in your updated one, which I described above.

Can you please upload that CAB or tell me how to configure it to look like the updated version??

THANK YOU!!!!!

Hi there Dyu,

The latest released version is the one in the 1st post, which I updated with all the latest screenshots.

As people requested a non-phoneAlarm version, and I had the feeling there would be more requests, I wanted to create both versions that looked more or less identical.

The previous version you saw was a "work in progress" when I was testing the Alarm display.

It shows the Alarm off/in icon between Carrier and Wifi. I didn't like it as the text was too small, and decided to add the "Alarm Info" plugin instead. With that plugin you can click on it to go directly to the Alarm settings and set the Alarm. Once set, it will display the Alarm time on the homescreen.

The original "Alarm On Icon" will be still be displayed next to the time on the non-PA version ONLY because the Time is displayed using the Time plugin (Carrier).

It is not display on the phoneAlarm version because the time is displayed in the phoneAlarm plugin skin instead.

So I decided to add the "Alarm Info" plugin in both versions.

It is not possible (without an old Orange plugin) to display Mail, Email, Voice plugin and Carrier/Wifi/Time on the same line in a non-PA version, so the background on the previous version proved difficult to use for both formats.

Also, with the previous version above, using phoneAlarm, I created two different phoneAlarm skins, one for Portrait with Large Time, and Message counters in two rows; and the landscape version, with smaller time font and the message counters on one row. Again, as a non-phoneAlarm version was requested, the same layout is not possible as it all wouldn't fit in Landscape mode. I had to reduce plugin sizes and re-order them so they would display correctly in both Portrait and Landscape mode. It took several attempts to get this right.

If I were creating homescreens for just Portrait mode, or just Landscape it would be much easier, as I could have a homescreen XML for each display mode, but with the VOX it's more difficult as both modes share one XML file.

The released version in the 1st post was the best way to cater for both phoneAlarm and non-phoneAlarm versions, making them more or less identical (except the iconbar). This meant I only needed to create one set of background images, and both formats can share these backgrounds. This makes it easier to release more background in the future if this homescreen proves popular. I do really only want to maintain these versions, and this background layout.

With my "Endless" homescreens, all plugins were not aligned to any image on the background, so it was much easier to amend, but this homescreen does need to align.

If I send out previous versions, I would have to maintain the previous XMLs too, and maintain multiple different background layouts. Especially if I need to make any amendments or tweaks to this "PAH Vista" homscreen, or when I release more images in the future.

I hope you understand.

Thanks

Thanks for releasing the non-phonealarm version!! I actually started getting fed-up with phone alarm.

1) I hate the repeating alerts

2) My alarm wasn't working properly, it would turn itself off

3) It made my phone sluggish almost, and it annoyed me everytime I wanted to change a setting. Not userfriendly at all.

I will miss the automatic profile switching though!

The homescreen is awesome though, you've really done an excellent job! Even the non-PA version looks so good and has alot of information on the homescreen. You do lose the ability to turn BT/Wifi on from the homscreen, but you can just select the carrier which takes you to comm manager. I also like how the Messages is selectable!

Great work!

Guest paholman
Thanks for releasing the non-phonealarm version!! I actually started getting fed-up with phone alarm.

1) I hate the repeating alerts

2) My alarm wasn't working properly, it would turn itself off

3) It made my phone sluggish almost, and it annoyed me everytime I wanted to change a setting. Not userfriendly at all.

I will miss the automatic profile switching though!

The homescreen is awesome though, you've really done an excellent job! Even the non-PA version looks so good and has alot of information on the homescreen. You do lose the ability to turn BT/Wifi on from the homscreen, but you can just select the carrier which takes you to comm manager. I also like how the Messages is selectable!

Great work!

Hey there!

In response to point 1, you can actually set the number of repeats for the alarm to 1, or even "Silent" :wub:

I also think including both pA and no-pA versions was a good suggestion, and am pleased I actually managed to create them to look very similar.

P.S Thanks for your input and testing my BETA versions of the homescreen and start/shutdown screens

;)

Paholman, you the man, love your homescreen on my HTC Vox. However, I have two quick probs:

1. The time display is left justified rather than centered, and seems to only display 24 hr format time. I've changed this in regional settings but it doesn't seem to stick. How can I bring it into the nice little center box?

2. When changing to landscape the toolbar at the top of the screen stays the same length as in portrait mode, causing a weird box of squiggle to appear in the upper right corner.

I don't use the GPRS monitor and everything else works like a charm, any advice?

Guest paholman
Paholman, you the man, love your homescreen on my HTC Vox. However, I have two quick probs:

1. The time display is left justified rather than centered, and seems to only display 24 hr format time. I've changed this in regional settings but it doesn't seem to stick. How can I bring it into the nice little center box?

Hi dada669,

Yes, you need to use the latest phoneAlarmSP 1.11 (BETA3 Build 66) as the Clock alignment is using a new attribute that is not found in previous versions. Did you install the version that came with this PAH Vista.zip?

2. When changing to landscape the toolbar at the top of the screen stays the same length as in portrait mode, causing a weird box of squiggle to appear in the upper right corner.

I don't use the GPRS monitor and everything else works like a charm, any advice?

Again, this could be the version of phoneAlarm you are using, as the automatic screen rotation does not work with previous versions. (it loads PAH Vista.skn on Portrait mode, and automatically load PAH Vista_L.skn in Landscape mode)

BTW: To change the Clock to 12 hour, you can edit the two phoneAlarm skins:-

\Program Files\phoneAlarm\PAH Vista.skn (Portrait)

\Program Files\phoneAlarm\PAH Vista_L.skn (Landscape)

Change the line:

Image_Clock=1,0,27,Clock320.PNG,HH:mm,140,33

To (Change "HH" to lowercase "hh"):

Image_Clock=1,0,27,Clock320.PNG,hh:mm,140,33

Hope this helps

Thanks

Guest paholman
It says, when I select it as my homescreen:

Warning

'paInt' could not be found.

Hi,

That indicates phoneAlarm has crashed.

Try selecting another "PAH Vista" homescreen or color scheme, and see if it resolves it.

Guest paholman

v0.97 update:-

- WM5 Color Schemes for black soft keys on WM5 devices for color schemes: Lake, Sky, Dark Cloud and Ultimate

- phoneAlarm BETA4 (Build 99) now included - which fixes Wifi on i600

Guest Espensodal

hey! im must say the work you do on these homescreens is amazing!

i miss a little thing though, the facade launcher, its kinda one of the most important things on my homescreen i was wondering if there was a way to get that to the right of the clock, fitted into that little box where the battery icon appears when charging? or even above the calendar, just make the callendar a bit smaller... I usually customize those homescreens i use that doesnt have the launcher with facade, but this homescreen wont let me add the launcher in facade plugin settings.

that would be really great, it would be a perfect homescreen... i use the PA, facade, fizz, gprs homescreen!

Edited by Espensodal

Guest paholman
hey! im must say the work you do on these homescreens is amazing!

i miss a little thing though, the facade launcher, its kinda one of the most important things on my homescreen i was wondering if there was a way to get that to the right of the clock, fitted into that little box where the battery icon appears when charging? or even above the calendar, just make the callendar a bit smaller... I usually customize those homescreens i use that doesnt have the launcher with facade, but this homescreen wont let me add the launcher in facade plugin settings.

that would be really great, it would be a perfect homescreen... i use the PA, facade, fizz, gprs homescreen!

I agree and also wanted to use all, including Fizz Weather, so customised it again for my own personal use, and came up with this one:-

It uses the latest Fizz Weather addition "4 Day Large" setting:-

post-54173-1191576094_thumb.png

Anything larger would force the screen to scroll, I wanted at least 2 days in the calendar, and thought this worked ok.

I've added the XML to v 0.98 called "PAH Vista (ALL)", which is now available

Edited by paholman

Guest Mechanicaldan

paholman -

great homescreens! I finally downloaded version 0.98. I'm using the non phoneAlarm version without the GPRS monitor because I don't have a data plan. The layout is great. The clock is big and readable. The monitor has everything one needs. I love the multi line display for the calendar. I also love the fact that I have the option of changing backgrounds without having to change homescreens.

The only visual issue is that the alarm icon to the right of the clock is centered on the right edge of the clock box. It's half in the box, half out of the box. Not a big deal to me, but I thought I'd mention it.

Lots of kudos!!!

One thought for improvement would be to make a Vista Media Player version that has controls for media player on the homescreen for those that love their music. I thought I've seen a plugin for this somewhere.

Cheers,

Dan ;)

Guest Espensodal
I agree and also wanted to use all, including Fizz Weather, so customised it again for my own personal use, and came up with this one:-

It uses the latest Fizz Weather addition "4 Day Large" setting:-

post-54173-1191576094_thumb.png

Anything larger would force the screen to scroll, I wanted at least 2 days in the calendar, and thought this worked ok.

I've added the XML to v 0.98 called "PAH Vista (ALL)", which is now available

Yeah:) it looks great:) thanks paholman, you do great on these homescreens, there just aint better ones out there in my opinion!

Guest paholman

One thought for improvement would be to make a Vista Media Player version that has controls for media player on the homescreen for those that love their music. I thought I've seen a plugin for this somewhere.

Hi Dan,

Good idea, I've used that plugin before for my VOX WMP homescreen and admittedly I liked using that plugin too

I'll see if I can do some with the Media Player and add it as a separate download extras pack or something. I won't include it in the full version as it would mean another 6 xml files in each cab, and I think it's getting a little overloaded with combinations already.

Thanks for the suggestion and will update the topic when it's done

;)

Guest paholman

version 0.99 added:-

- non-pA version of Fizz Weather

post-54173-1191855994_thumb.png

- New Window Media Player versions (seperate cab included in ZIP)

phoneAlarm example:-

post-54173-1191856006_thumb.png

non-phoneAlarm example:-

non-Facade versions also included in cab.

post-54173-1191856089_thumb.png

Edited by paholman

Guest johniain

I downloaded your PAH_Vista_0.99a.zip file but I cannot get it to unzip.

I says it "appears not to be a valid archive"

Used the windows normal unzip and WinZip 11.

Any ideas please?

John

Guest paholman
I downloaded your PAH_Vista_0.99a.zip file but I cannot get it to unzip.

I says it "appears not to be a valid archive"

Used the windows normal unzip and WinZip 11.

Any ideas please?

John

Hi John,

Did you try with Internet Explorer or Firefox?

It works for me with Internet Explorer, but not Firefox, which is strange as it worked fine before

Thanks