The 'I got my Vario III' thread

Guest rickyburke

Guest Trader97
Useful!

P

Phoned Tmob business upgrades just now and was told they have blown all the stock they got in. Next batch expected Monday or Tuesday, but he has my email address to let me know when they are in. Am not going to take a chance, and am phoning again Monday morning to try the hassle factor.....

Guest Sparky77

hello

postman came about 8:20 this morning Paul i was @ work.

just got 7 days 2 find out if i can get a signal in the norfolk area, on the t-mobile map there are some places were you can't get a signal, well we will have to see if it's any good

Guest zippy172

Impatience got the better of me, just popped out for 20 mins to go to the sorting office in the vain hope the missed posty from this morning had been back after his rounds... Sure enough, I now have my VarioIII on charge ;)

Guest FloatingFatMan

Scancom have 3 phones left in stock! Managed to get one on their Flext 35 Option 2 bundle (1gig WnW) at £42.50 per month over 18 months, with the phone for FREE! ;)

Guest zippy172
My battery was 75% charged out of the box, and we all know that nowadays you can just get using it right away, right? :wub:

P

mmm, well I got back to the office, to someone from our service dept. saying their ye olde steam powered dinoputer (486!) had just gone BANG! Dead PSU fan = dead overheated supply. Dead supply generally = dead components. So long as I can fire the hdd up to get any data off it, I'll be a happy chappie ;)

VarioIII is there, looking cool, charging away, for a proper bashing later this arvo :D

Guest Phil Lee

Mine arrived about 50 minutes ago, it was delivered by Lynx rather than Royal Mail. I've stuck a JavoEdge Vario screen protector on it, put my sim and memory card in and got it on charge at the moment. A quick browse of the net showed how fast 3G is. I'll start installing software later on. The only thing I'm not convinced by is TouchFlo, it doesn't seem to work well in IE. The scroll wheel is much better.

Guest FlangeArtist
Anyone have a clue as to the maximum capacity micro-sd card this thing will take? Penny just dropped that the mini-sd from my N80 just ain't gonna work! lmao...

I do not believe that there is a maximum. It all depends on the card it's self! Have a 4Gb myself, as I don't need anything more (Have a 80gb iPod for music and videos..and I need it all!)

Guest Alimaggs

Mine's here. £60 plus P&P with T-Mobile Flex 35 (with web n walk).

I'm not seeing any of the Windows Live Apps on there though. Can we download them from anywhere, or am I just stuck without it...?

Guest notacake

I'm not sure what's happening with the stock, I phoned up this morning at about 10:30 and ordered mine, she made it seem like the stock was fine. I triple checked the phone model and spec to make sure (Vodafone sent me the TyTn because the release date was delayed, so I'm cautious now) and it should be delivered tomorrow, although they're sending it via Royal Mail, so Monday at the latest.

£149.99 on Flext 25 with Web'n'Walk

I rang up about 12:45 said they were out of stock so gonna try again Monday. I'm on Relax 25 + WnW and they said it'd be £100 which I'm happy with as I don't use many minutes per month. My Vario II has done me pretty well for a year but I'm looking forward to the III. Next skiing holiday I'll be using it to track what runs I do, speed, distance covered etc.