The 'I got my Vario III' thread

Guest rickyburke

Guest jharvey00

Just got off the phone to Customer Services.

I finished my 18 month contract two months ago (Flex 35 + WnW - 25% discount), and my price for upgrade was £79.99 on the condition that my 25% discount was removed, increasing my monthly cost by at least £10. My avg monthly spend is about £40.

Without removing the 25% discount, price for upgrade was £280.00 (!). Although I frequently did get told about the "3 megapixel camera"...so that makes up for it ;)

Threat of cancelling contract had no effect, and was told if I wasn't happy with the price to wait until Monday and see "what the deals are".

Just got off the phone to Customer Services.

I finished my 18 month contract two months ago (Flex 35 + WnW - 25% discount), and my price for upgrade was £79.99 on the condition that my 25% discount was removed, increasing my monthly cost by at least £10. My avg monthly spend is about £40.

Without removing the 25% discount, price for upgrade was £280.00 (!). Although I frequently did get told about the "3 megapixel camera"...so that makes up for it ;)

Threat of cancelling contract had no effect, and was told if I wasn't happy with the price to wait until Monday and see "what the deals are".

I'd half expected to have heard the same but the operator I got didn't bat an eyelid (figuratively speaking, this was on the phone after all) when I asked about the 25% discount. She just told me that as I wasn't changing tariff the discount stands I suppose I may just have got lucky, will see what arrives on friday, but as all calls are recorded I should have a good case if they try to increase the tariff or charge more for the phone.

Guest Phil Lee

When I called I seemed to go straight through to Loyalty/Retentions rather than Upgrades. I was very clear that I wanted a Vario III and Margaret, the lady I spoke to, knew that it had been announced today and clearly stated that I would be getting a Vario III. I'm confident that's what I'll be getting. Having seen that Paul had to pay £80 with his much more expensive contract I'm happy to have paid £100 with my low spend. The cost of ownership over 18 months will be £595. If I had bought a TytnII and stayed on Web & Walk 100 I would have paid a minimum of £735. It would have been more than this though because the original W&W 100 does not include any text messages. I think I got a good deal for me.

Edited by Phil Lee

Guest shaun1208

Paul, Why did you order another one, you'll now have 3 of them!! will you be eventually selling the other 2 and keeping one of them?

BTW I phoned o2 regarding cancelling my contract and they told me that there new tariffs and bolt-ons are being launched on friday and the guy said that he couldn't say much but that the data plans would be better than t-mobile's, and he guaranteed that if they weren't then I could cancel my contract even though the time frame to do so would be over.

Guest jharvey00
I'd half expected to have heard the same but the operator I got didn't bat an eyelid (figuratively speaking, this was on the phone after all) when I asked about the 25% discount. She just told me that as I wasn't changing tariff the discount stands I suppose I may just have got lucky, will see what arrives on friday, but as all calls are recorded I should have a good case if they try to increase the tariff or charge more for the phone.

I'm going to try again either tomorrow/Monday and see what response I get. No issue with paying the £80 for the upgrade, just don't wanna loose my 25% discount! Fingers crossed the new contract offers will be good and I'll have some ammo to justify my tightness... ;)

I am slightly green that you managed to retain your discount...

Guest PJDelaney

OK, it was third time lucky for me! After seeing more people on here get it tonight I thought I'd give it another go, went to upgrades and finally managed to get through to someone who knew. Got mine for £40 on Flext 30 with W&W over 18 months, here on Friday, can't wait. Said it was definitely the Vario III and not the Compact as there's a massive difference between the two. When we were finished he said that stock levels were at 2 left. Good luck to everyone, if you get someone who doesn't know about it just say goodbye and try again.

Argh! How did I miss this! Two left?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Of course I still haven't got my confirmation of disconnection letter from o2.

*cries*

Never mind, there's always the palringo comp. ;)

Guest funkychicken9000

Typical, I was on the phone to retentions this afternoon for the GF and they still had no release date, then when I ring up again after seeing this they've sold out ;)

OH JOY!!!!

I had a missed call today at lunchtime from an 08- number. This is after a T-Mobile Business rep explained to me that the handset would be released by the end of the week and that she would contact me when it was available. I just hope she has reserved me one, would be like a dream come true. I will call the rep tomorrow.

....to a Flext25 + W&W contract with a brand new MDA Vario III ;) Unfortunately my low monthly spend of ~£16 meant I couldn't haggle on the upgrade price much. In the end it came in at £100

How the hell do you get a Flext25 + WnW package for only £16?

Guest Chrissssssss

My Orange contract is up in one month and I really want a Vario III with WnW. I'm tempted to order one now, or soon, if there's stock, just to make sure I don't miss out when I leave Orange.

Woohoo!

Just got a Vario III ordered, 80 quid for delivery on Friday! :D

11 left right this minute...

Debrander coming up :wub:

P

I'm a little perplexed...Was the device you were testing just a temp/loaner and you had to return it? ;)

Guest Phil Lee
How the hell do you get a Flext25 + WnW package for only £16?

That was for my previous contract, the old style W&W 100. The new Flext25 + W&W is costing £27.50 per month.

Guest Paul (MVP)
I'm a little perplexed...Was the device you were testing just a temp/loaner and you had to return it? ;)

No, but the a] I want to see what the T-Mo hardware design is, b] I want to check out the t-mo build and c] either the VIII or the TyTN II will likely become the missus' phone.

So I now have a TyTN II and a VIII, not unreasonable I thought!

P

just rang tmobile to order a vario 3 on WnW and was told they are not in stock until next week and they have not been taking any orders at all for the handset ;) pointed her in the direction of modaco and she said that all of the above was false and hung up on me!!

gotta love tmob customer service...

Nice ;)

P

my thunk exactly mate, almost makes me not want to return to tmob! ah well, will try again tomorrow and maybe not so early in the morning :wub:

any news on the modaco tytn II with tmob contract deal doodah?

Guest blackice-original

my thunk exactly mate, almost makes me not want to return to tmob! ah well, will try again tomorrow and maybe not so early in the morning ;)

any news on the modaco tytn II with tmob contract deal doodah?

Mine arrived this morning at 7:30 and it still has the HTC home screen

Guest zippy172

I would hazard a guess they have problems with their phone system... I'm not even a t-mob customer, just called them up, heard some fella on the end very very quietly, I asked him to speak up and the line went dead :|

and... since Paul appears to be active in this thread...pretty please with cream and cherries on top can I have a response to the PM I sent you 10 days ago.... ta muchly ;)

Edited by zippy172

Just got off the phone with t-mob.

I was offered the Vario III for £100 on my flext 25 + wnw and keeping my 25% discount. (Total £24.38/month)

As i agreed to this I was then told that the stock had just gone. ;)

Will be called when they come back in or I can get one in store(don't live any where near one unfortunately)

What do people think of this price? I didn't think it was too bad.

pjam

Edited by pjam001