The 'I got my Vario III' thread

Guest rickyburke

Guest zahgurin

Hi

In the interests of sharing the various deals being offered: I bought my V3 from a T-mobile store today. It was the only unit the store had received and apparently they have had it about a week. A bit of looking, touching and feeling confirmed that the device is an acceptable size for me and, in the words of Danny Zucko, was "the one that I want".

The manager/assistant in-store initially offered Flext 25 + Web'n'Walk on an 18 month contract and a 45 pound discount on the listed handset price (149.99 down to 104.99). I went away, thought about it for a couple of hours and decided to go for it.

Lo and behold, when I returned to sign-up the handset rang through at 79.99! A quick prod got the same 45 pound discount applied and I walked out the happy owner of a V3 for 34.99 :-)

Initial impressions are good and I am now readying myself for an evening of geeking out. Hurrah!

Cheers

Si

Guest ickleruth

Got my Vario iii on Saturday. Not been able to set it up until today cos all my contacts are on my work laptop and there were some firewall issues. Anyway all sorted now and I am currently using the phone as a modem on HSDPA. Its actually faster than I expected! Absolutely loving it and definitely the right upgrade from my vario. Just waiting for Copilot 7 and I'll be all set! ;)

Guest DJ_Enigma
Got my Vario iii on Saturday. Not been able to set it up until today cos all my contacts are on my work laptop and there were some firewall issues. Anyway all sorted now and I am currently using the phone as a modem on HSDPA. Its actually faster than I expected! Absolutely loving it and definitely the right upgrade from my vario. Just waiting for Copilot 7 and I'll be all set! ;)

Which tarrif did you get?

Apparently my tarrif doesn't allow connecting to a laptop as a modem, but I'm very tempted to try it, don't know if they would really know I was doing it though. Suppose I'd just get a telling off if they did?

DJ

Guest Howard Moon

My boss is using standard WnW with his Nokia N95 to connect his laptop and it works. So far (6 weeks) there haven't been any extra charges on his account

Guest storm99
I called t-mobile this afternoon, about 3pm and mentioned about the free handset on Flex 30 +WnW (18 months) from the T-mobile catalog , to my surprise, the lady told me it's not possible, but since they made a mistake, they will do it for me this time ;)

So hopefully I will receive my Vario 3 tomorrow, will report it back later.

I did get my Vario 3 this morning, slight delay from what T-mobile promised (Tuesday).

I did get my Vario 3 this morning, slight delay from what T-mobile promised (Tuesday).

Can you tell me who delivered it? (Royalmail,etc)

I ordered it on Monday, and the guy told me I would receive it on tuesday.

and I'm still waiting.

;) I'm not happy... I got my Vario III last week (as a new customer) but has a few problems on it so needs to be replaced. I was told on Sunday that they were out of stock and to expect a call in 2 to 3 days...

3 days later, No call, so I called them! only to be told that they are out of stock with NO expected delivery. I even tried the "I'm gonna cancel" line to no effect and to make matters worse I have my O2 number porting over tomorrow. Does anyone know if they are still taking orders or any advice on how to proceed please?

Guest monkey2nut

I got my first bill today in the post. They have charged me £150 for the phone again even though they already took £150 by credit card last week. ;)

Note to everyone: watch out for your first bill.

Will have to sort it out with them on the phone tomorrow mornng.

Guest TomaHawk

^Thats really weird.

my bill jsut came through aswell. was lgad to readi nthe small print i can change down tarrifs after 6 months. i dont supose that mean i can chage down to a 12 months one?

Im still trying to get my number onto my vario. got my number into a pay as you go sim just rang to get it out. they say they cnat give it out on the phone as i have only been with them 2 days. but they could if i had bin there 30 days very weird.

Guest Swampie
^Thats really weird.

my bill jsut came through aswell. was lgad to readi nthe small print i can change down tarrifs after 6 months. i dont supose that mean i can chage down to a 12 months one?

On 18 month contracts you cannot change down tariffs for 11 months. On 12 months it's 6 months. And no, you can't change the length of contract - it's called a minimum ter for a reason. ;)

Im still trying to get my number onto my vario. got my number into a pay as you go sim just rang to get it out. they say they cnat give it out on the phone as i have only been with them 2 days. but they could if i had bin there 30 days very weird.

That's because you can only have 1 PAC per 30 day period. A switch out then back again takes approx minimum of 37 days - 30 days for the PAC to expire, then 7 days for the 2nd PAC to be processed and to transfer in again.

Guest TomaHawk
On 18 month contracts you cannot change down tariffs for 11 months. On 12 months it's 6 months. And no, you can't change the length of contract - it's called a minimum ter for a reason. ;)

on the backs of my first bill. its just says you can change down after 6 months. doesn't state a difference for 12 or 18 month contracts.

also is anyone having problems getting on to my t-mobile online? seems to have been down for a few days.

dam didn't realize it would take that long thought it would be 2 weeks 5 days per transfer.

Guest Swampie
on the backs of my first bill. its just says you can change down after 6 months. doesn't state a difference for 12 or 18 month contracts.

also is anyone having problems getting on to my t-mobile online? seems to have been down for a few days.

dam didn't realize it would take that long thought it would be 2 weeks 5 days per transfer.

if that's what your paperwork says you may be right about 6 months. I do now remember hearing something a while back that T-Mobile may have made 18 month contracts have the same time before reducing tariff as 12 month ones.

As for porting whilst the transfers themselves only take 10 to 14 days, you cannot get your 2nd PAC until the first has expired (ie 30 day after requesting it). you could request your PAC on day 1 but not initiate the transfer to new provider until 23 days late. then new PAC can be requested on day 31, the day after the transfer occurred. it still means though the whole proceedure from asking for 1st PAC to completion of 2nd transfer is about 38 days but front loads the wait rather than end loading it.

Guest Manni01

Hi everyone,

I finally decided to switch from Vodafone to T-mobile and I got my Vario III (£159.99 on Flext20 WnW+ @ £27.50 p/m on 18 months contract, with free shipping and a free bluetooth headset to make up for a late delivery). The handset was much cheaper with Vodafone (£100 on a 12 months contract) but for the same monthly payment I get 3GB/month of data against 120MB and twice as much calls/texts...

I'm V happy with it for now, and I wanted to thank all here for helping me make up my mind.

Especially Paul, as the first thing I did was to run the debrand and custom patches! ;)

Guest DJ_Enigma

I recieved my replacement and the box was even more smashed up that the last one!!

Don't want to exchange again cause the phone seems fine.

I want to know if they can just send me a new box.

DJ

Guest DJ_Enigma
DJ thats very very strange! 2 damageed boxes. But I doubt very much they'd just send out a box. But no harm in trying I guess........

VERY annoying tbh. I want a perfect box for when I sell it. I keep ALL my stuff immaculate and having a damaged box shouldn't bother me but it does! lol

DJ

Guest RayBanUK

Got mine yesterday at the Camden branch. Upgraded from a Vario (bypassed the Vario 2) and paid £100 on a 18month Flext 25 with WnW. They said I had a upgrade discount of £180 but I did try and haggle (maybe not hard enough) for a line rental discount. Worked out the maths, and its going to cost me quite a bit £32.50 x 18 = £585 plusthe initial outlay £100 but hey, its a great device and has almost everything I want and the data should come in handy for use the GPS.

First impressions are good, slimmer, slightly heavier, darn site faster (at least compared to Vario 1) though once again T-Mobile has a knack for making it less sexy than the original.

Anyway, I'm a web developer and already got a few idea which I want to test out on the device. Hope to post some tools soon.

Guest DJ_Enigma

Have discovered that my new phone makes a horrible rattling noise when it vibrates :/

Think I'm gonna have to get ANOTHER replacement as soon as I figure out how to back everything up!

DJ

Guest En_croute

After faffing with TB Customer Services for 2 weeks - no stock till next week, some time.

Called all the TMobile shops in London - all only received 2 handsets each, and Oxford Street received 4 - what a joke for this handest that's been eagerly anticipated since February.

In the end Chitter Chatter's direct sales office came up tops, and a quick train ride to Carshaultom later, and I got it.

Free BT Headset, Flext25 + W&W (£27ppm) - handset was £115.

Very Happy.

Now tinkering away !

Guest varioIII-lover

i am really upset. i love the vario III but my 2nd replacement is letting me down. looked on the clock and it said 530am - i thought it was early .. looked outside and realised the phone had hung. so no to trusting the alarm feature on it. reset the phone and it was 830am.

secondly, i have recorded a video of my vario III vibrating constantly (might be good for the ladies but not for me), and i had to reset it and take the battery out to rectify it.

also the menus seem really damn slow esp when even trying to make a call .. but that was the same with both phones. htc should sort it out .. this is my 2nd phone. only had it 2 days. not a good sign is it? what do you guys think i should do? request yet another one sent out?

v3-lover .. ;)

Guest DJ_Enigma

I requested ANOTHER replacement as my box was trashed and the phone rattles and now I've discovered it gives me electric shocks when it's plugged in and I'm in a call.

They refused to issue another replacement as after the first replacement they will only do a repair.

I kicked off and they agreed to it, only to tell me they have no stock and don't know when there will be any.

Also they have charged me again for the phone.

Not impressed.

DJ