The 'I got my Vario III' thread

Guest rickyburke

Mine arrived this morning at 7:30 and it still has the HTC home screen

Congrats, but what does it look like design wise? Pinky w&w phone buttons, or HTC buttons?

What about the keyboard? Any pics?

Guest Leaskovski

Well the website still hasnt been updated as its not listed in the upgrades section. Although the Touch is in there for £70 and the Vario II for about £250! lol

Me thinks i shall be calling them up when they get some in stock!

Guest Phil Lee
Just got off the phone with t-mob.

I was offered the Vario III for £100 on my flext 25 + wnw and keeping my 25% discount. (Total £24.38/month)

As i agreed to this I was then told that the stock had just gone. ;)

Will be called when they come back in or I can get one in store(don't live any where near one unfortunately)

What do people think of this price? I didn't think it was too bad.

pjam

It's what I'm paying. I'm happy with it when I compare it with the sim free price of the TytnII together with the contract payments I'd have to make anyway.

on the phone to them again now, just been told yes they are taking orders and put back on hold... lol... lets see how far i get this time!

ordered! flext 35 WnW 18 month at £37.50/month + £69 for handset ;) same girl as last time as well

Hi all,

Found this site last night whilst searching for Vario III details. When i saw T-Mobile had some in stock is was on the phone but they has closed.

Phoned at 8.31 this morning and ordered mine.... there was 6 left and it will be delivered tomorrow.

Guest Howard Moon

aatari... you beat me to it! Just come off the phone after talking to a very helpful lady (I think her name was Anna). Anyway, she said she could offer me the Vario III for £100 if I wanted to keep my Flext 35 + WnW with 25% discount. I tried haggling and she said that if I tried early next week it should be free on my tariff. Not sure how true that is but I've waited this long so I can wait till next week

Just got off the phone with t-mob.

I was offered the Vario III for £100 on my flext 25 + wnw and keeping my 25% discount. (Total £24.38/month)

As i agreed to this I was then told that the stock had just gone. ;)

Will be called when they come back in or I can get one in store(don't live any where near one unfortunately)

What do people think of this price? I didn't think it was too bad.

pjam

Sounds reasonable enough, £20 higher than I paid but for £7.50/mth lower contract price that's pretty good

Guest zippy172

Yup, just been on the blower to t-mobile...Orange have just lost them a customer of over 13 years it would seem! The lady I spoke to said they had extra stocks in today, their systems were running dog slow and would call me back within the hour to take my order. Flext35 & W'n'W, £37.50, 60 quid for the handset. Bargain. (to put "bargain" in perspective, my latest O bill was £78!)

Yup, just been on the blower to t-mobile...Orange have just lost them a customer of over 13 years it would seem! The lady I spoke to said they had extra stocks in today, their systems were running dog slow and would call me back within the hour to take my order. Flext35 & W'n'W, £37.50, 60 quid for the handset. Bargain. (to put "bargain" in perspective, my latest O bill was £78!)

Since you're a new customer did that include the free weekend calls? Might help reduce your monthly spend even more ;)

Guest ferryrich

Just ordered mine on upgrade.

£99.99 on bottom of the scale WnW maintaining discounts.

Made up!

When I checked online for upgrades, it was quoting my over £200 for the Vario II

Guest craighome
Well the website still hasnt been updated as its not listed in the upgrades section. Although the Touch is in there for £70 and the Vario II for about £250! lol

Me thinks i shall be calling them up when they get some in stock!

They had some in stock when I phoned at 0910hrs so might be worth another try everyone... maybe they found some more hiding under their desk or something...

Guest jontelfer

I just phoned them and for a new customer I was quoted 149.99 on Flext 25 with wnw on 18 month contract. What deals have others got?

I had sold it to the wife on it being 100 quid - which didn't go down well, 150 is going to be tough.

Guest rickyburke

Awesome, I've been with Orange for years now, but looking at the posts here it seems like T-Mobile actually reward loyal customers by giving them good deals, rather than punish them like Orange, where you have to threaten to leave to get a similar deal as a new customer.

Glad I've switched already!

Guest craighome
Does anyone know if the stores are stocking yet?

None in local stores that I've seen so far, next week was their best guess on extremely limited supply due to demand. Best chance of securing one a phone order right now

Guest zippy172
Since you're a new customer did that include the free weekend calls? Might help reduce your monthly spend even more ;)

Indeedy it did. Gillian at T-Mobile... very very friendly and helpful, was on the phone to her just now probably going on for 15 mins placing the order...About 1/2 way through she checked the stocks levels and then proceeded to whizz through the rest of the bit of placing the order. She said they'd sold over a hundred Vario III's in 10 minutes!

Mine arrives tomorrow, courtesy of the Royal Mail...just gotta make sure they don't stuff my delivery up! :wub: