The 'I got my Vario III' thread

Guest rickyburke

Upgrade or new contract?

Just ordered mine... on a 35 a month contact, got it for £100 on a 12 month contract... /happy

Now i just have to get rid of that piece of s**t that is the toshiba g900 on ebay, and I can forget the g900 ever happened...

g

Guest KrashedKid

Just got off the phone from T-mobile.

When i called she initially said (nicole) that they didnt have stock). i asked her to check as i had friends (you guys) who got some yesterday. the system then crashed and she promised to call me back.

The deal i ended up getting was:

£37.50 web n walk (18 months) + free evening and weekend calls. the phone cost me £70 which i think is reasonable. (p.s this is on a new contract)

I am so damn excited. it feels like i have been waiting for almost ever for this phone...my vario i died 5 months ago and my aging (got it when it first came out too) c500 is on its last legs.

R.I.P Vario, Long live the Vario III

Edited by KrashedKid

Hmm, I have 2 months left of my 18 months contract... but will try anyway as some people had success...

What - people who are not due an upgrade have managed to get one? ;)

Guest scouser75

Guys, absolutely top news that the phone's finally here. I can now get rid of my heap of junk N95 :wub: Also brill news that it has "that" black screen too :D

I have a quick few q's for you all please.

How on earth have some of you managed to get a 25% discount on Flext 25 W&W? WHen I signed up I got jack all discount and I've been with t-mobile for ever :D

I havent upgraded for about 4 years - do you know if I'd be able to get some additional freebies for this ;)

Has anyone got the handset? Or has anyone seen it? Just want to know how ugly it looks :I

I think I'll be ordering mine next week. Can't bloomin wait :D

Anyone who ordered before 7:30 last night should have started receiving their phones by now, any more reports of how they're looking? I've only seen the one post in from blackice-original saying it still has the HTC Homescreen, but not many other details.

Guys, absolutely top news that the phone's finally here. I can now get rid of my heap of junk N95 :wub: Also brill news that it has "that" black screen too :D

I have a quick few q's for you all please.

How on earth have some of you managed to get a 25% discount on Flext 25 W&W? WHen I signed up I got jack all discount and I've been with t-mobile for ever :D

I havent upgraded for about 4 years - do you know if I'd be able to get some additional freebies for this ;)

Has anyone got the handset? Or has anyone seen it? Just want to know how ugly it looks :I

I think I'll be ordering mine next week. Can't bloomin wait :D

It was a promotion they were running last year about 18 mths ago to coincide with the new flext and web'n'walk packages. I think it only ran for about a month or two but you basically got 25% of whatever your monthly contract price was for life, not just for flext 25. Current deal is £5 a month off any contract and free weekend calls on flext35 & above. If you're upgrading ask about getting them to match the new customer deals.

Guest zippy172

Called Orange up to request my PAC, chick on the end of the line sounded sooo despondant when I said I'd taken a replacement contract out with T-Mob to replace my rather dying N80. She asked was there any other handset she could offer me... Er, "No", was the stern reply. Oh, and it cost me £41.70 to end my contract with O up until 15th Dec. Not too bad really...

Wondering here how many more customers O will lose over their inability to pull the proverbial outta their asses... ;)

They are messing me about now.

After being told i could have it for £100 and keep my 25% discount on flext 25+wnw they are now saying I would lose the 25% if i take the phone for £100. Not happy at all. Spoke to two different reps and am now waiting for a call back froma manager.

Really not happy!!!!

Guest londonthing

Just to let you all know its been released by T-Mobile today. I just phoned the upgrade department and on a Flext 75 contract they tried to charge me 19.99 for it. I told them not interested unless it was free and after the lady spoke to her manager they agreed to do the deal for Free. Getting it tommorow before 1pm. YIPPEE!!

Just ordered mine, glad to be finally back on the Windows Mobile scene after such a long absence! The Compact 3 just didn't cut it for me last time due to a lack of proper physical input - been looking forward to the Vario 3 for ages now!

Guest blackice-original

The vario 3 comes with one cd in the box. not sure what it has on it because I had to leave for work but i think its active sync software and wm6.

Design wise not to bad the only pink on the vario 3 is on the dedicated web 'n' walk button and the t-mobile logo

Was just speaking to T. The woman told me they had 10 left.

Was offered £110 on Flext 35 + W&W. I'll leave it a bit I think. Still not convinced it's not too big and heavy.

Welcome back amo :wub:

P

Thanks Paul :D

Just noticed my last known device on here as being the iMate Jam! There's a blast from the past... Member 137 too! How about some reassurance that I have gone for the right phone...anyone? ;)

Anyone got the phone number for T-Mobile as I am calling from landline which 150 obviously won't work.

Edit - found it - 0845 412 5000

Edited by tsutton